Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
So much dumb/crazy poo poo happens down here a lot of it sadly blurs together at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

Cops don't care about the public. They literally used human shields in Miami two years ago in a shootout. No cop has risked a single iota of what any health care worker has over the last two years.

What

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Traffic was at a standstill and they used occupied civilian vehicles as cover while returning fire.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If anything that's cyborg shield

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

Traffic was at a standstill and they used occupied civilian vehicles as cover while returning fire.

I read your posts and then Google searched and wowzers

What da fucks

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
It did cross my mind whether some of the casualties today were the result of over-zealous cops with bad aim but I realize that was just me being upset and reactionary and looking for someone to blame. Still, there’s enough examples of that occurring that come easily to mind (cops in Vancouver shooting an off duty officer trying to apprehend a guy a couple months back, the little girl that got lit up when they were shooting a mentally ill guy with a knife in LA before that, etc etc) that I’m not making that concern up whole cloth, very cool and comforting society to be in

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thaddius the Large posted:

It did cross my mind whether some of the casualties today were the result of over-zealous cops with bad aim but I realize that was just me being upset and reactionary and looking for someone to blame. Still, there’s enough examples of that occurring that come easily to mind (cops in Vancouver shooting an off duty officer trying to apprehend a guy a couple months back, the little girl that got lit up when they were shooting a mentally ill guy with a knife in LA before that, etc etc) that I’m not making that concern up whole cloth, very cool and comforting society to be in

I mean, if some of the deaths were from cops we won't find out for weeks.

But yeah in the 23 years since the Columbine shooting and we started having armed police in almost every single school, they have never prevented or even help mitigate the death total of a school shooting.

They have physically brutalized and then shoved into the prison industrial complex a poo poo ton of prepubescent minority students, so it's wrong to say they do nothing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GovKemp/status/1529217467335077888?s=20&t=LBoxjP4uODKecfkjK2GdHg

Same guy who like a month ago made it so you didn’t need a license to carry a concealed weapon in Georgia.

I hate this rear end in a top hat so much

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Families have to get swabbed to compare DNA to whats left of the victims and half of America will loving kill you if you say they shouldn't have these type of weapons

Guze fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 25, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Many of the same people believe jan 6 was a justified attempt to fix a stolen election and they need the guns so they won't fail next time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

But yeah in the 23 years since the Columbine shooting and we started having armed police in almost every single school, they have never prevented or even help mitigate the death total of a school shooting.

There are some/a few where they helped, but yeah it's not fixing the problem at all. And the process leads to a lot of cop assaults on students who are just mildly angry about learning math, language, their teachers being petty or them just being kids or whatever.

It's quite obviously not the answer putting more armed cops in schools, but I have no clue what the answer is in this nation. Do you want an often abusive paper shield or do you want...nothing. Because there's nothing on offer.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Grittybeard posted:

There are some/a few where they helped, but yeah it's not fixing the problem at all. And the process leads to a lot of cop assaults on students who are just mildly angry about learning math, language, their teachers being petty or them just being kids or whatever.

It's quite obviously not the answer putting more armed cops in schools, but I have no clue what the answer is in this nation. Do you want an often abusive paper shield or do you want...nothing. Because there's nothing on offer.

How many potential shootings were actually stopped by police officers on duty at school?

Let’s make a ratio of all the times that helped versus the times it didn’t help.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The police are worthless liars who found an excuse to hide, the shooter didn't have body armor and the police got spooked by extra clothing

https://twitter.com/SLCLunk/status/1529334366253350912?t=CnQkc98y5ADcGF9Eqfx5dw&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How many potential shootings were actually stopped by police officers on duty at school?

Oh it's terrible, there are like 3 I kinda remember vs all the rest. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but it's going to be a super bad ratio either way. And I'm kinda fine with nothing considering collateral damage from the current situation, that's giving away lives through the prison system rather than immediately.

I'm just angry about seeing no realistic way to stop this with the current polity. I don't see a way out.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Unless its a dog or someone that's unarmed the cops can't handle it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They played a basketball game in Dallas tonight.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They played a basketball game in Dallas tonight.

Mavs delaying the inevitable

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

Mavs delaying the inevitable

Has a team ever won 4 playoff games in a row after losing the first three?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Skwirl posted:

In the NBA? No

In baseball once, and I think in hockey it happens like every year but don't quote me on that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Skwirl posted:

I think it happened once in hockey, and the NBA has had a couple 3-1 comebacks, but never a 3-0 comeback iirc

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

can you imagine if the warriors blow a 3-0 lead in the wcf tho

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

no

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

In the NBA? No

In baseball once, and I think in hockey it happens like every year but don't quote me on that

Hockey has only had it happen four times, but two of them were fairly recent (The 2010 Flyers coming back against the Bruins and the 2014 Kings did it against the Sharks, the other two were 1942 and 1975), and IIRC coming back from down 3-1 in hockey is a bit more common than the other sports as well.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

One of my friends is an insufferable GSW fan so I hope they do.

I dont even like basketball. Never watched a game. I've just heard so much from him about Steph curry in the last month I want them to fail.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Right, like I'm pretty tired of Tweets about how this is Mitch McConnell's fault when him and the other craven assholes are just giving people want they want. It's literally AMERICANS fault - the giant, loud segment of mainstream Americans who support gun rights above all else. They are the ones to blame. The GOP is reaching out to that audience, they're not creating it. It's the same thing with white supremacy. In both cases - whether you're talking about Republican leadership or Tucker Carleson - they're chasing an audience and tapping into a deep undercurrent of sentiment for their own gain.

I agree somewhat but also the majority of Americans support gun regulations.

The gun nut loons are an extremely vocal minority and, like abortion, 2A is extremely effective at scaring people to the polls.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

T-Square posted:

Again I ask, what do cops actually do

yes I know, the answer is nothing

Latest update is that the shooter didn’t even have armor on. Cops lied about that to make themselves look better.

Cops fired a couple times, watched him run into a school, and then did nothing.

swickles posted:

Lmao fedex apologized for their truck getting hijacked.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

I agree somewhat but also the majority of Americans support gun regulations.

The gun nut loons are an extremely vocal minority and, like abortion, 2A is extremely effective at scaring people to the polls.

The NRA and other gun nut groups also get a ton of money. They spend like twice as much as gun regulation groups. Republicans chased after the money and knew that riling up other gun nuts would push them to the polls. The GOP's ability to scare people to the polls is extremely effective, and they make up controversies to do it (see CRT). Their base is a bunch of scared white people, but loving hell do they vote.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

I dont even like basketball. Never watched a game. I've just heard so much from him about Steph curry in the last month I want them to fail.

It's not my first sport to watch but it's pretty fun. And if you get into it at all--like at all, you don't have to very much, just know names--every single offseason is as pants on head insane as this one was for the NFL with QBs moving all over the place. The stories the NBA creates with various teams trying to sign players is always funny (or painful if you care).

It's certainly my favorite offseason sport, and the actual product is fun too most of the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

One of my friends is an insufferable GSW fan so I hope they do.

Steph Curry is one of the greatest shooters of all time. That's like rooting against the Williams sisters or Michael Phelps because someone else liked them.

"God, I'm so tired of hearing about how great the Jordan lead Bulls are, I hope they don't win."

If you gave a poo poo about basketball and were rooting for a different team I'd understand, but just being angry about someone being excited that an athlete was really good at their job?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
My only hope for Steph Curry is that he decides it's time to come home and play for Charlotte.

C'mon Steph, give your dad an excuse to talk about you all season long

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Grittybeard posted:

It's not my first sport to watch but it's pretty fun. And if you get into it at all--like at all, you don't have to very much, just know names--every single offseason is as pants on head insane as this one was for the NFL with QBs moving all over the place. The stories the NBA creates with various teams trying to sign players is always funny (or painful if you care).

It's certainly my favorite offseason sport, and the actual product is fun too most of the time.

The Clippers kidnapping Deandre Jordan to hide him from Mark Cuban is one of the greatest off-season sagas of all time :allears:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

It would rule but there's essentially zero chance it happens

The Mavs let the dubs get within 6 after holding a 29 point 4th quarter lead, just absolute clownshow

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
To be fair, if you're wearing a plate carrier, it's reasonable to believe that there are actually plates in there. This does not make you a liar, but it does make you a really bad loving shot.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Did the cops actually shoot the guy? I thought I heard they shot him, but he kept running into the school. Sounds like they shot at him, but didn't hit him.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I sometimes think about the Bernie Bro who shot up the GOP Congressional caucus while they were practicing for their baseball game. Less in terms of "if only he had been a better shot" and more in terms of "this was the perfect time to pass a gun ban for pinko commies and the GOP did nothing and they still refused to put any restrictions on gun ownership". We either fuckin love guns in this country, or our entire political class is scared to death of the NRA and its minions (probably a mix of both).

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Buying a blue line flag to support our brave heroic LEOs who are constantly outwitted by 4chan incel morons.

:patriot:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

C-Euro posted:

I sometimes think about the Bernie Bro who shot up the GOP Congressional caucus while they were practicing for their baseball game. Less in terms of "if only he had been a better shot" and more in terms of "this was the perfect time to pass a gun ban for pinko commies and the GOP did nothing and they still refused to put any restrictions on gun ownership". We either fuckin love guns in this country, or our entire political class is scared to death of the NRA and its minions (probably a mix of both).

a sitting congressman literally had his dick blown off yet still kisses the gun lobby's rear end.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mr. Nice! posted:

a sitting congressman literally had his dick blown off yet still kisses the gun lobby's rear end.

It’s really unreal what craven little cash piggies they are. Just hungrily sucking NRA dick and begging for more.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Bird in a Blender posted:

Did the cops actually shoot the guy? I thought I heard they shot him, but he kept running into the school. Sounds like they shot at him, but didn't hit him.

My understanding was there was an exchange at the start between the shooter and a school cop, who got shot in the process. It sounded like they did end up taking him down in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Once a congressman got shot in the face by Dick Cheney then apologized to Cheney, all bets were off