Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Sea Dragons are needed and quite rare but they are grindable so its not a huge deal to miss out on 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kalman posted:

Sea dragons are rare (and are used in a couple late game quests) but I think CC completion is more that barracuda are a common result from Large Island fishing so it痴 easy to donate a bunch to pump up your donations amount to work towards those achievements.

That makes sense, I kinda figured you couldn't mail anything obtained for a locked down zone.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

now that crab claws are a common drop from the new pet, sea dragons, geckos, and frogs are easy to get a handful of each day from the well which is faaaaaantastic

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Wow, getting to $10M and building a quarry is drastically accelerating my money making and crafting progress. I thought it was good getting a sawmill in place and to 100-ish boards/woord/hr, but now that I can get stone as well I can use my stone & wood for pipes and my boards for shields... I can see how this will continue to snowball.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Getting to Parts Unknown XX and Islands are Hard to Catch feels like hitting a huge wall. I had hoped I'd unlock Whispering Creek in time to finish to quench the worst thirst vii but I don't think there's any chance of that happening now. Like an idiot, I didn't buy the lemur until I got Parts Unknown XX because I thought... who needs all these bugs? Now being 40/128 on beetles feels really bad... =(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Lawlicaust posted:

Getting to Parts Unknown XX and Islands are Hard to Catch feels like hitting a huge wall. I had hoped I'd unlock Whispering Creek in time to finish to quench the worst thirst vii but I don't think there's any chance of that happening now. Like an idiot, I didn't buy the lemur until I got Parts Unknown XX because I thought... who needs all these bugs? Now being 40/128 on beetles feels really bad... =(

just ask in giveaways chat, most players have 1000 beetles they'll give you

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've been farming for a few days now and I'm around level 50 for all skills. Been going pretty well so far but I've got a strong feeling that corn jail is looming just around the next corner. :v:

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

Im exactly where you are right now, racing for WC before the 31st, but the limiter is gold leaves (and to a lesser extent dice and spectacles). All of my bugs came from giveaway chat, and I only had to ask once for each type before my mailbox was flooded.

I知 42/64 for leaves and should get the rest by Thursday. I知 a little worried about magna quartz through. I have enough for the quest but not enough to craft the compass. I知 hoping the 100 lemonade and orange juice rewards for the Parts Unknown XX will sort that out.

Also, I知 stocking 750 corn, because of course that what they want next.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I値l check out giveaways chat, thanks for the suggestion. I still will likely be short leaves though. Only 30/64 and just hoping for bacon luck.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Been a week of growing corn and still no runestone 11.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
What should I be aiming for with inventory space? Just up it as the quests start to require more than I can stock at once? I feel like using gold for it is a bad idea considering all the perks I need? I did have to buy one inventory size upgrade, so I'm only at 256 now (just got the Farmhouse).

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Fhqwhgads posted:

What should I be aiming for with inventory space? Just up it as the quests start to require more than I can stock at once? I feel like using gold for it is a bad idea considering all the perks I need? I did have to buy one inventory size upgrade, so I'm only at 256 now (just got the Farmhouse).

Once you get the storehouse just bump the storehouse痴 per-day inventory increment each time you can. (Your first 1b should almost always go to the Storehouse upgrade.) at this point I知 getting 12/day from my storehouse, so spending gold on inventory upgrades is pretty meh.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Spending Gold on Inventory space is good, especially the earlier you do it. I致e bought +200 for 150g (my max inventory is currently 1208), and I値l probably stop there. When you are just getting going, inventory space caps you on how much stamina you can get from the orchard, how many grape juice or wine you can make a day (which limits silver gain and farming XP), which quests you can complete, the amount of output you can manage from the Sawmill/Quarry/Hay Field, and other stuff. Being able to boost all of those things is certainly worth a bit of gold. +50 inventory for 15g is a steal at the early levels.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vasler posted:

Expect to be at it a few more weeks. I got enough corn for ten Corn Quandary requests, most of the current event requests and the last event's corn requests before the drat thing dropped.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Your inventory space determines your entire income in the game after the early part and you have your sawmill and orchards started. Definitely drop a little bit of gold into some upgrades at the start (maybe up to +200) and every milestone silver amount you get put into the storehouse first.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Vasler posted:

I think I was around 6000+ corn grown when I got my first Runestone 11. Now there's another quest for another Runestone 11, and I'm at 8000 corns and haven't gotten it yet.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

These gold fish quests are hateful.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Am I the weird one for having 4x R11s in my inventory, even after making my first Lava Sphere?

Looks like I致e grown just over 3000 corn

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

FreshFeesh posted:

Am I the weird one for having 4x R11s in my inventory, even after making my first Lava Sphere?

Looks like I致e grown just over 3000 corn

Later quests will require multiples of all the runestones, so hang onto those!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but Borgen's Camp is selling me Gold Leaf. Hope you love grinding Ember Lagoon for ancient coins.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
Too rich for my blood. I'll stick to bacon and gold feathers in the well

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Lone Goat posted:

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but Borgen's Camp is selling me Gold Leaf. Hope you love grinding Ember Lagoon for ancient coins.

It's the same for everyone.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
Do we have an internal trade spreadsheet or another type of goon market place going?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So I致e got runestones 1-10. Should I be doing A way Forward or do I just turn these into a magma ball straight away?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Do a way forward, it will give you a sphere that you don稚 have to pay to craft at the end.

Anyone who needs gold leaves check your locksmith. Large chest 01 has 100 of the ancient coins and we致e gotten a lot of treasure keys from quests and stuff lately.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Saxophone posted:

So I’ve got runestones 1-10. Should I be doing A way Forward or do I just turn these into a magma ball straight away?

A Way Forward will give you the ball for free at end, so do that.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Blah, I did the quest line and it just sort of ended.

And now I have no sphere. I知 63/43/59/54.

Guessing it picks up when I level fishing more maybe?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Saxophone posted:

Blah, I did the quest line and it just sort of ended.

And now I have no sphere. I’m 63/43/59/54.

Guessing it picks up when I level fishing more maybe?

Yeah, get to fishing 45

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Done with Parts Unknown XX, thanks Borgen!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Should I focus on leveling up my existing pets or pick up new ones? I知 currently eyeing the hedgehog and/or armadillo. I知 nowhere near the 1b club but after some grinding this week I have found myself with a 150m silver surplus.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Started playing as ruhroh. I guess I should just be doing all the help wanted requests for now? Are there any upgrades I should prioritize?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Those names are adorable.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FreshFeesh posted:

Should I focus on leveling up my existing pets or pick up new ones? I知 currently eyeing the hedgehog and/or armadillo. I知 nowhere near the 1b club but after some grinding this week I have found myself with a 150m silver surplus.

Get the lemur, it's better to have excess bugs on hand than discover you don't have enough for requests weeks from now. Level 5 baboon and owl are a good investment because their loot pools have a ton of useful things.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

IMO get the Owl up to level 5 ASAP and leave him there, you will need literally 3000 honey for various poo poo and at level 5 the owl drops like 10 a day and that's the only source of honey until you get 99 in all stats

source: the current two quests I have available I can work on are waiting for honey drops for a quest that needs 200 and a quest that needs 600

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay I have 500 of each orchard tree, 500 hourly in sawmill, hayfield, quarry, what do I upgrade/unlock next?

Is 500 grapes a priority or should I level the owl pet or something with my money. I'm making prooobably 50-70 million a day by making lanterns for a benchmark.

E: I suppose a level 4 owl is only 10m which is extremely doable and is 80% as good as a level 5 owl so that seems an obvious purchase.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 25, 2022

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I think 300 grapes to make 3 wine a day to put in the cellar is the first break point, then enough to make enough juice to take advantage of all of your grape juice usages is the next.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Finally got the hops runestone via the pity one you get at the 80 hops quest. I've been super gated by this so excited to move on and be gated by something new and exciting :)

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Agent355 posted:

Okay I have 500 of each orchard tree, 500 hourly in sawmill, hayfield, quarry, what do I upgrade/unlock next?

Is 500 grapes a priority or should I level the owl pet or something with my money. I'm making prooobably 50-70 million a day by making lanterns for a benchmark.

E: I suppose a level 4 owl is only 10m which is extremely doable and is 80% as good as a level 5 owl so that seems an obvious purchase.

Think about increasing trees/boards/wood to match inventory capacity each day. This works for me but then I work from home so I can log in and craft every hour. I知 in a meeting right now in fact lol.

Grapes - well wine starts off kinda not important then kind of becomes a nice money maker then you end up needing quite a bit for quests so it痴 worth being able to make a few a day but remember that you値l get a pet that provides GJ eventually.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What about cows and chickens? I can't do pigs and up yet as I think I still need to buy farm upgrades (currently it's 100m to upgrade farm capacity and 25m for a feedmill or flour mill)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?
Man corn jail is nothing compared to hops jail, at least with corn jail you can check in every hour, hops you to check every 4 minutes. Runestone 16 is the last one I need and I知 close to mastering hops without seeing it. I知 tempted to just wait until I知 farm lvl 80 and can get the guaranteed rune from the 99 bottles quest but exp from crops is so slow And I知 only lvl 75 right now (already have the 100 mil crop row). So I知 kind of stuck farming items for lanterns and continually planting hops until I find one naturally