Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

I’m on Mitch’s side here

I haven't listened yet, does one of them have an insane boba opinion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
no it’s a fight over scheduling the tour

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
less funny, I was hoping one had some bonkers opinion like when I saw someone get roasted for saying 'savory boba' needs to be a thing and floated the idea of meatballs in beef broth you drank like tea.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Mitch got rona
https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1524886299605274624
Quarantine yourself if you have touched Mitch recently

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Noooo stay strong Mitch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol “I tried to stay safe, merely taking multiple cross country flights this month to perform in theaters for audiences of mouth breathers”

get well soon Mitchy

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm a Truther, Mitch doesn't have COVID. He had the opportunity to fly home on the Doughboys Corporate Card and found an excuse to remain in his natural environment (Mum's basement) for an extra week or two. Maybe three. The next month of episodes is going to exclusively be about Dunkin' Delivery; every episode, including the Doubles.

get well soon

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Maybe Mumma Mitchell created COVID for this sole reason.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Consummate Professional posted:

Maybe Mumma Mitchell created COVID for this sole reason.

'no peeking' actually meant into the virus lab in the basement

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
hope he's okay, treatments are a lot better now so he should pull through fine

the dough must go on

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I'm sure he's all vaxxed and boosted up so even for a big guy (I say this as a big guy who got the rona a bit ago too) it should be just a lovely few days and the annoyance of being responsible about self-isolating and all hopefully.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Burgerville giveth and Burgerville taketh.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Baggot posted:

Noooo stay strong Mitch

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I’m in the Discord and Mitch is totally fine. Sounds like he just had clogged sinuses and not much else. Not sure what their plan for the tour is though.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’ve been a Patreon member for years, but I have never been on the “Dough-scord”

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The Doughscord is mostly like 15 of the gooniest people around, and that includes Nick and Mitch. I've only recently been active on it but it's a good little discord.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Loving the jokes on todays ep about spreading covid and exchanging kisses.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

0konner posted:

Loving the jokes on todays ep about spreading covid and exchanging kisses.

Also Mitch trying to pinpoint the cause of his gastric distress which is 100% an Omicron symptom

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
There are episodes where Mitch doesn't have gastric distress?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea to be fair I think it's understandable he thought his gastric problems were just normal things

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I thought of making a sign that said "I flew 1000 miles to Boston to see the Doughboys and all I got was this lousy Covid" but then I thought about people actually getting Covid and didn't do it and then people got it.

What I'm saying is I should have made the sign

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

"Donut or Don't Nut" is my happy place

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dacap posted:

Also Mitch trying to pinpoint the cause of his gastric distress which is 100% an Omicron symptom

I think it's also a symptom of eating piles and piles of fast food and going "it's güd!"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Dacap posted:

Wonder where they picked up "stomach trouble" for that. Works perfectly here but I had been using it for "hungover" or "nauseous"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

as soon as Mitch said “double sessions” I was like oh Gabrus or Carl are gonna get him

then they both did

I want more Gabrus + Carl content

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Doughboys Double: Cole-umbine Mas-slaw-cre April 20, 2023
Ken Marino (Party Down, Wet Hot American Summer) joins the 'boys to mark the anniversary with a deep dive into one of America's most iconic mass shootings, plus a Slaw Showdown featuring both creamy and vinegar varietals.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Columbine? That's an RDD. Delicious slaw? That's an RDD.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Doughboys Double: Cole-umbine Mas-slaw-cre April 20, 2023
Ken Marino (Party Down, Wet Hot American Summer) joins the 'boys to mark the anniversary with a deep dive into one of America's most iconic mass shootings, plus a Slaw Showdown featuring both creamy and vinegar varietals.

Nick: The idea that you could just be sitting there in class and this starts happening, it's horrifying really.

Mitch: Yea it's not gud. It must be a relief for you now that you're not able to go within 500 feet of a school.

Nick: Alright alright, that's enough, Mitch.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I had the new Arby’s burger. Best loving fast food burger I have ever had. Wild.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Marsupial Ape posted:

I had the new Arby’s burger. Best loving fast food burger I have ever had. Wild.

Took your word on it and tried it today, its gud

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
It was a 2am parking lot in my truck fine dining experience.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It's surprising how good that burger is considering Arby's doesn't have a griddle, they apparently sous vide the burgers, which is why they say on the menu the burger is medium well. I had a good experience but I bet it would suck if you go to a bad Arbys.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i wouldn't trust any chain operation with a sous vide setup. proceed with caution

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
After their rant about the trailer for Doctor Strange on the Double, I'm glad that Mitch seems to have realized that he doesn't actually have to watch movies he is predisposed to not enjoying.

R. Guyovich posted:

i wouldn't trust any chain operation with a sous vide setup. proceed with caution

The "sous vide-style" prep happens off-site and the patties are delivered pre-cooked, they're just reheating the patties in the kitchen. Kind of busted but I'm willing to give it a shot.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they put the Professor X but in the trailer? that and the old school X-men theme coming in is like the only good part of the movie not featuring Benedict Wong, why would they blow it like that

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

JethroMcB posted:

After their rant about the trailer for Doctor Strange on the Double, I'm glad that Mitch seems to have realized that he doesn't actually have to watch movies he is predisposed to not enjoying.

indigi posted:

they put the Professor X but in the trailer? that and the old school X-men theme coming in is like the only good part of the movie not featuring Benedict Wong, why would they blow it like that

Agreed it was the the high point of the movie but felt like excessive fan service. Patrick Stewart’s character got a dignified send off in Logan, bringing him back in an inferior product felt like Leonard Nimoy passing the torch in 2009 trek then showing up on set one day for Into Darkness when they realized the new crew had no idea who Kahn was.

Plus could have done without the firing line execution of the Illuminati. Ok maybe kill off one or two but c’mon would the story have been hurt if Carter and Mr. Fantastic got trapped in the nearby jail cells? Also, the title says “multiverse.” Only spending time in two verses does not a multiverse make.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think Mr Fantastic especially had to loving go. Smartest man on Earth and his game plan is to slowly attempt to punch an omega level mutant in the face. Good one. Also he’s a terrible Reed, no genius could have a face like that. They need someone who just looks clever like Cillian Murphy or LaKeith Stanfield. And yeah compared to Everything Everywhere All At Once it was a very cramped multiverse

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

IDK way, it's way easier than cooking raw meat out of the fridge.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I think the whole point of that scene is to establish stakes of Wanda’s powers. She wiped out an alternate universe’s apex team in a matter of minutes by herself. While wearing another Wanda’s body.

Wanda is my favorite ‘villain’, now. I understand her motives and what she can gain or lose. She’s not after a dumb McGuffin. She wants to make the grief stop.

Also, her attack on the magic temple and subsequent shithammering of aforementioned team is as close as I’ll get to full on “Dr. Doom has come to gently caress up the UN building”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

Wanda is my favorite ‘villain’, now. I understand her motives and what she can gain or lose. She’s not after a dumb McGuffin. She wants to make the grief stop.

the movie is about her chasing a dumb mcguffin