Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sniper Elite 3 and 4 were both very good 33-50% off games and I fully expect that to continue with 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zoux posted:

This game seems questionable from a doctrinal standpoint.

Nothing will ever approach the biblical reality of MDickie's The You Testament. Other games can only hope to be mentioned in the same breath.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kibayasu posted:

Sniper Elite 3 and 4 were both very good 33-50% off games and I fully expect that to continue with 5.

It is basically low budget MGS5, for everything that implies.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It looks like they added the ability to invade someone else's game as an enemy sniper which could be fun

hide and seek pvp sniperwars sounds like the opposite of fun

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Team Deathmatch but everybody is camping

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

zoux posted:

Team Deathmatch but everybody is camping

I also played MW2019.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

FishMcCool posted:

The funny thing is that I don't actually mind stupid/goofy story depending on how it's done, such as F-Zero GX where 1) the ridiculous story kind of works in a bad 80s japanese tv show kind of way, and 2) story mode is its own thing and not gating your access to the main Grand Prix mode (though it gates ship parts for the completely broken custom vehicles).

But FH5 is just bad bad and you have to go through it all to unlock the various events. Once done though, it's a majestic sandbox imho.

I dont mind goofy things or weird ones, if they're self-aware. But these racing games deliver it super serious, convinced this is an actual good story and not 150% pure cringe. I mean thats true for a lot of AAA games unfortunately but in the racing genre there is this akward pattern of just the worst of realityTVstyled bullshit attached to high profile arcade AAA IPs which just sucks because the games are not that bad really. There basically is only Codemasters as competition in the sector but their games are hit and miss.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

explosivo posted:

Hitman 3 got a big update this week where they added RTX/DLSS (plus a bunch of other crap i don't really care about) and man this game looks loving good

I bought it back when it was EGS exclusive release and refunded it because it didnt have RTX (yeah I know could've read up before) and drat was I loving right that this game is just the perfect environment for it. Glad I waited to play it.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Unlucky7 posted:

Anyone else looking forward to Sniper Elite 5? Reviews have been decent for the most part. But I liked 4 and it is on Gamepass, so it's worth a swing.

I did just read some weird article that accused the game of being sympathetic to Nazis because there are non-lethal options. Speaking as someone who loves killing video game Nazis as much as the next guy, that seems incredibly :psyduck:

Not really. Im going to play it anyways but I think the high point of the series is over. There is only so much you can do when your USP is slowmo ballcam shots

Rebellion should get the rights for AvP back.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Anyone else looking forward to Sniper Elite 5? Reviews have been decent for the most part. But I liked 4 and it is on Gamepass, so it's worth a swing.

I did just read some weird article that accused the game of being sympathetic to Nazis because there are non-lethal options. Speaking as someone who loves killing video game Nazis as much as the next guy, that seems incredibly :psyduck:

I have it pre installed on game pass so I'll mess around with it a little. Never played one of these before and doubt I would even have tried it but hey, that's what game pass is for.

Also installed Shipbreaker so I'll give that a try too.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hardspace Shipbreaker hit release I haven't played it in a few years when it was fairly early in development, looking forward to jumping back in and seeing what's new. One thing that I didn't care for though was the timers, I hear they've made some changes to that but I enjoyed how relaxing the tutorial missions where, the timers just added a level of anxiety.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Popete posted:

Hardspace Shipbreaker hit release I haven't played it in a few years when it was fairly early in development, looking forward to jumping back in and seeing what's new. One thing that I didn't care for though was the timers, I hear they've made some changes to that but I enjoyed how relaxing the tutorial missions where where you got to pick a ship apart and the timers just added a level of anxiety.

There's an Open Shift mode where you can turn off the shift timer & oxygen use.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Hwurmp posted:

There's an Open Shift mode where you can turn off the shift timer & oxygen use.

But then how will you know that the meditative ship disassembly game is actually about capitalism?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Sony put out some updated data on their PC releases that's mildly interesting. These ports have to be, and will continue to be for many years, super high ROI.

The FY22 I assume comes a lot from Bungie?

Anno fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 26, 2022

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Anno posted:

Sony put out some updated data on their PC releases that's mildly interesting. These ports have to be, and will continue to be for many years, super high ROI.

It actually doesn't include Destiny 2 apparently. Be interesting to see what's on the horizon from them regarding PC. Hopefully they go all in.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Unlucky7 posted:

I pre-ordered it immediately after I was able to, so put me in the 'very yes' category. I love these games, played through 3, and 4 twice in coop with 2 different buddies. Might be fun to mess with the invasion mechanic too, but I'm more for coop fun with my buddies.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Wiltsghost posted:

It actually doesn't include Destiny 2 apparently. Be interesting to see what's on the horizon from them regarding PC. Hopefully they go all in.

Really? They only have the Uncharted collection announced, right? I wonder what all else they plan on then. Must be a lot. Though again I think the games already released will continue to sell very well basically in perpetuity.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So I finished Tunic's main quest the other day. I just have to do all the end game stuff like the trophy room.

I fuckong loved this game. It's basically a Zelda game meats a Souls game. Its main gimmick is that as you play, you have to peice together the game's manual, which tells you how to play, where to go next and how hidden mechanics work. Then as you find the pages, more puzzles and secrets are hinted at.

I loved it. Absolutely loved it. We need more games that act as puzzle boxes like this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anno posted:

It'd be cool if Days Gone did well enough on PC that it earned a sequel. I know it's been out a year longer but it's just undersold GoW by a bit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If they actually advertised it right it would probably double those numbers

Anno
May 10, 2017

The sequel to My Time at Portia, called My Time at Sandrock, just released into Early Access. Price seems pretty reasonable at $25.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084600/My_Time_at_Sandrock/

Really solid run for EA releases in the last month or so.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Rebel Blob posted:

Because it made me laugh: apparently there is a Polish book series based on the premise "what would the medieval world look like if Jesus kicked rear end." And now that world is being brought to life in a video game! Well, it worked for The Witcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOID_7h-aZs
You may be surprised to learn that author is a weird chud who has clear issues with women.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Anno posted:

The sequel to My Time at Portia, called My Time at Sandrock, just released into Early Access. Price seems pretty reasonable at $25.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084600/My_Time_at_Sandrock/

Really solid run for EA releases in the last month or so.

Reviews are mixed but I checked and the negative ones are all in Mandarin with 0-2 hours played.

Wonder what's up with that.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

PantsBandit posted:

Reviews are mixed but I checked and the negative ones are all in Mandarin with 0-2 hours played.

Probably aren't happy about the extended Tiananmen Square Massacre reference in the prologue.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

PantsBandit posted:

The recurring theme seems to be stiff movement and unstable framerate.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PantsBandit posted:

Seems like just a cooincidence since the game released in so many languages at once. There are also some negative reviews in Korean, Thai, and Japanese.

Messing around with google translate it seems like the negative reviews are mostly about 2 things:
#1 is poor optimization, being unable to maintain 60fps even on good graphics cards.
#2 is lacking multiplayer despite the fact that the store page apparently previously had the "co-op" tag. Apparently it's coming but still in the works.

IDK why they're all in CN though.

e:
The developer is actually Chinese themselves. That kinda explains why most of the review are in CN. They probably just have a bigger Chinese playerbase to begin with.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sooo, what does Sniper Elite 5 do that 4 didn't? Any new features that stand out or is it more of the same type of sequel.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jack Trades posted:

Sooo, what does Sniper Elite 5 do that 4 didn't? Any new features that stand out or is it more of the same type of sequel.

There's an invasion mode where other players can drop into the level you're playing to try and countersnipe you. Been watching people on Twitch try it out and it seems very cool.

Beyond that though, very similar game to 3 and 4. Not that that's a bad thing, but that's the one small downside most reviews are mentioning. More of the same.

sad question
May 30, 2020

How's the mission to shoot Hitler in the balls in this one?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
what's the canon like on that? surely you already shot him in sniper elite 1, 2, 3, and 4
do the nazis keep cloning hitler and his (singular) ball in between each game?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Sniper Elite 4 had a never-fixed bug where if you loaded a save noisemasks would disable for the remainder of the mission. I play very slowly so this ruined the game for me because I couldn't typically set aside enough time to play a mission in one go.

Sniper Elite 5 probably doesn't have that bug so it's better. First mission took me just under 4 hours and it really didn't feel like it.

Also it's on game pass

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1529784011215847425?s=20&t=ASLmbvkvUCp0ZZy_z9p46Q

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

That's another one that was in the GeForce Now leak

Sony Games posted:

Demon’s Souls
Deracine
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Gran Turismo 7
Helldivers 2
Horizon Forbidden West
Ratchet & Clank
Returnal
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Edition

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh good, I was worried Forbidden West was years away.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It may still be years away :v:

The GFN game database leaked in November and since then we've only had two of the Sony games officially confirmed (God of War and Uncharted) and two more tenuously confirmed via SteamDB (Sackboy and Returnal)

It's going to take a while for all those games to ship at this rate

repiv fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 26, 2022

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I don't expect Robo-Dinos 2 to come to PC any time soon. Probably my most anticipated one on that list

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dragon's Dogma 2 is becoming more and more real. :dong:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

what's the canon like on that? surely you already shot him in sniper elite 1, 2, 3, and 4
do the nazis keep cloning hitler and his (singular) ball in between each game?

In 2 it was a double, because he had two balls. 3 had you kill Hitler, but I thought in 4 they let you shoot Mussolini instead?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Man, Demon's Souls PC is going to be the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Azran posted:

Man, Demon's Souls PC is going to be the best.

From your mouth to Sony's ears.

(Give us Bloodborne ffs)