Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

serefin99 posted:

You wouldn't happen to have a list available, would you? PUNKs dropping is what brought me back to Master Duel, and anything that lets me play them before the rest of their support is out is appreciated.

This is what I'm currently running with, though I'm still messing around with the list:

The basic combo line is:
Summon Ze Amin, add Foxy Tune > use Foxy Tune to special summon Madame Spider, add the trap > make Halq, summon Deskbot, make Auroradon, resummon Deskbot
Tribute Aurora + token for O-Lion > O-Lion + Token into Garden Rose Maiden (O-Lion spawns +1 token) > Maiden + Deskbot into Coral Dragon > Coral + Token into Crocodragon, draw 2
Resummon Coral with Maiden's eff, Coral + token into Shenshen, then make VFD

If you have another PUNK name in hand, you can summon Sharakusai first instead of Spider to fuse itself with another PUNK in hand to make the Fusion, Tribute it to summon Spider + another Ze Amin, then going through the above line (but making Shenshen first instead) will leave you with a Ze Amin on board, which summons Final Sigma with the Shenshen. Then the resummoned Coral Dragon makes Cloudcastle instead to revive Shenshen and make VFD with the two.

I'm also sort of considering cutting the DPE package, so if you're tight on CP you can leave it out and maybe replace it with 3x Sangan + Crusadia Arboria (Sangan > Almiraj > search + summon Arboria makes Halq into VFD by itself too). That might actually be better for consistency, though the DPE package means if your Halq gets negated you can still potentially make Verte > DPE with another body on board and end on something.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 12:25 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Is Diamond just like all Swordsoul? Its just miserable to play against and out of my last 10 games I've had exactly two that were not Swordsoul.

I don't even think its oppressively strong but it is tedious as hell to play against over and over.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Sounds about right. Plat used to be nothing but Drytron and Eldlich with a sprinkling of Sky Strikers for flavor.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You're gonna miss us Eldlich players

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Thinking about making my Branded/Despia Eldlich/Sacred Beast support deck from MD for IRL games because I keep seeing the Albaz structure deck at my local grocery store and holy poo poo that deck has like...cards you'd actually want to run in it. Buying 3 for a play set of Ghost ogre/effect vieler/dark ruler alone is worth it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
..post deck?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

At work but the basic idea is 3 dark beckoning beast 1 dark summoning beast (Or the other way around their names are so similar) and 2 spirit gates opening. Any one of these cards gets the other two and you can normal summon both and search the other copy of spirit gates on the same turn to go into any link 2 you need then get eldlich on the board who is a 10 star monster so you can then resurrect one of them with spirit gates and then link climb into a 3. Opening of the spirit gates can then be spent to pop a card with daddy skeleton then pop the spent on field copy to get Eldlich on the field with IP Maskerena and a free body to then unicorn on enemies turn or go into a 4 mat appollusa or whatever you need. I run 2 aluber the boober of doobers, 3 tragedy 3 branded openings and one branded in white (red? These names are all too similar). All the despia cards besides ad lib and dramaturge are similar one card starters for their deck so you're running 3 insanely fun combos that start separately so its hard to stop all of them from popping off and their typing and attributes means when you start fusing all your material overlaps. An alt win con of two eldlich into Gustav max into liebe (Then into Zeus if you can manage to not kill with that set up and can spare the ED slot).

In the tcg version I'd probably drop the eldlich fusion poo poo (Which is very funny to use) and Verte and my dpe core for albaz cards and branded fusion

It needs some refinement but it's a very very fun deck atm.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 20, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Been playing cyber dragons (pure, i cant try to make cyberdarkness dragon work anymore. Maybe later) and its fun, won 10 games in a row (in silver, so like, not the most competitive to be fair)

Wish it was more consistent tho, good lord does it heavily depend on hand traps to give it any game. Dont think this will work well in gold

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Cyber Dragons actually do pretty well all the way up to Diamond depending on deck comp.

They're a rogue deck but a fairly solid one. Biggest issue is, as you note, their consistency.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Maybe it's all in my head but the ladder more than ever seems to be either Despia/Swordsoul or full on gimmick decks. I played against three lava golem decks back to back in mid plat today and one of them was actually just lava golem despia. I'm going to become the Joker

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

That's competitive card games baby, you see the 2-5 meta decks or weird gimmick rogue poo poo.

EDIT: Oh god I hosed up

I looked up prices on Bird up IRL

Every lyrilusc card is like 20 cents each except bird call. A full play set of all lyrilusc will cost me like 24 bucks. Tri-brigade is like... a buck a playset except fraktall and the linkers are like 2.50 each. I could get the whole deck for like 45 w/ free shipping shipping

This is not good for me.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 23, 2022

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Dabir posted:

New TCG banlist!

RIP in piss Auroradon and Verte. I guess only limiting Halq means they're hoping killing Auroradon will make it less ubiquitous, but I think it still needs to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioLp73KfFJI
This popped up in my Youtube recommendations, and I can't not share it :allears:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

U.T. Raptor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioLp73KfFJI
This popped up in my Youtube recommendations, and I can't not share it :allears:

Seeing Payne in there just reminded me: we literally got Yata-Garasu unbanned before we got new Volcanics support.

Granted, there is new Volcanics support somewhere in the future, the Duel Academy field spell is best wielded by them. But we don't have it yet!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Seeing Payne in there just reminded me: we literally got Yata-Garasu unbanned before we got new Volcanics support.

Blaze accelerator reload was printed in 2014, well within the 15 year window of this ban

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018
Didn't someone here mention playing Fluffals? I fell in love during the fusion event, but can't find any useful standard decks.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MBT's buddy GiantSkyhawk has a pretty galaxy brained list. It's a little out of date though, and I don't know if it's all available in Master Duel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFn8u-zn5g

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think another MBT pal 5thrateduelist is also a fluffal player. She played it when she entered that 3v3 with farfa and mbt

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Chunkystyle posted:

Didn't someone here mention playing Fluffals? I fell in love during the fusion event, but can't find any useful standard decks.

Yep! Here's the deck I use in Standard

Though a lot of it is to taste and you can add or subtract a few things like Cat or Owl. You can also go a lot more link heavy and ditch some of the XYZ stuff, I find I rarely play some of it and have been considering slotting in Appollusa instead of Calamity at the very least.

I also only really have Imperm for the Traps daily. Droplets is a strict upgrade for Fluffals as it also gives you another source of discard.

Zore fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 25, 2022

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018
Thanks, I'll give these a go!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
*sees the two eldlich* so you too, have fallen from the light

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Eldlich is an important card, because whenever you throw it on the field your opponent will think that's the big threat no matter what the rest of the board looks like.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Anyone got experience with Salmangreat, Livetwin or Ignister in Masterduel? Im looking for something fairly competative but it doesnt have to be the best link deck. Im looking for a deck for the links festival.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Touchdown Boy posted:

Anyone got experience with Salmangreat, Livetwin or Ignister in Masterduel? Im looking for something fairly competative but it doesnt have to be the best link deck. Im looking for a deck for the links festival.

Ignister relies on their synchro and xyz iirc, so they're not a good fit. salamangreat also relies a fair bit on xyz, though idk if a link version wpuld be viable. Livetwin is definitely the most viable out of those three.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Julias posted:

Ignister relies on their synchro and xyz iirc, so they're not a good fit. salamangreat also relies a fair bit on xyz, though idk if a link version wpuld be viable. Livetwin is definitely the most viable out of those three.

Cheers, I like the sound of Live Twin, Im just uneasy pulling the trigger on spending, also saw you can possibly throw in some Unchained stuff as well which might be cool.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

*sees the two eldlich* so you too, have fallen from the light

Eldlich in Fluffals mostly serves as a discard/destruct tool for Fluffal Toy Vendor. I can count the number of games I've actually used them outside of that on one hand :v:

On a different note, does anyone have any suggestions for a pure Pendulum and pure Links deck for their inevitable festivals. I've only really dabbled with links as support/filler and still only barely understand how Pendulums actually work so archetypes that don't require constant 5d big brain plays are preferred.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Live Twin hasn't got its most powerful payoff yet (Evil★Twin's Trouble Sunny) but that will probably be in the next card release (next month?).

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zore posted:

Eldlich in Fluffals mostly serves as a discard/destruct tool for Fluffal Toy Vendor. I can count the number of games I've actually used them outside of that on one hand :v:

On a different note, does anyone have any suggestions for a pure Pendulum and pure Links deck for their inevitable festivals. I've only really dabbled with links as support/filler and still only barely understand how Pendulums actually work so archetypes that don't require constant 5d big brain plays are preferred.

The strongest pend deck will probably be pend magicians. The simplest to play while still being good will probably be dinomist.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sky Striker will probably be the easiest in to the link festival, the downside being that you'll have to play a lot of very intensive mirrors.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Sky Striker will probably be the easiest in to the link festival, the downside being that you'll have to play a lot of very intensive mirrors.

I can see a lot of Crusadia happening as well, if only cause of all the kaijus it runs which will shut down most Sky Striker cards.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I am betting they will also release heatsoul, and this is DPE all over again.:11tea:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Irony Be My Shield posted:

TaurusOxford posted:

I can see a lot of Crusadia happening as well, if only cause of all the kaijus it runs which will shut down most Sky Striker cards.

Or you can be like me and run Crusaidia with the Sky Striker engine

Touchdown Boy posted:

Can someone tell me the point of Salmangreat Almiraj? I only see people use it as a generic link 1 extender which means they cant use the first effect and who actually uses enough normal summons for the second?

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 25, 2022

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Can someone tell me the point of Salmangreat Almiraj? I only see people use it as a generic link 1 extender which means they cant use the first effect and who actually uses enough normal summons for the second?
Link 1s are often used just to send something to the graveyard or to be a body with certain attributes rather than for their effects (see also: Artemis the Magistus Moon Maiden, Linkuriboh, Link Spider). For example, in Tribrigade you play Almiraj so you can send a normal summoned Kit/Nerval to the graveyard to search Kerass and save an otherwise dead hand. In Invoked you play it to guarantee you can always turn your Aleister the Invoker into Invoked Purgatrio if you want to, and you can also link it off under Secure Gardna to allow for Dogmatika Maximus lines.

The first effect on Almiraj can actually also matter sometimes. It protects your setups from Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer on your turn, and some Tribrigade boards end on Almiraj + Appolousa which can save you from a random Raigeki or something.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 25, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tbh i dont remember almiraj's specific effect but i just want to point out that normal summons are still very important to most decks. They are used as extension. Like i get that most decks heavily rely on special summons but normal summons are not totally irrelevant

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I should probably just play Tri-Brigade Ancient Warriors for the Links Festival. AW has been really good in all of these events. But I kinda want build Marincess since that's what I played to learn Links and maybe they'll get support to maybe do something.

For Pendulum, I want to play True Draco. Like, pendulum true draco. Dracoslayer? I pulled 2 Mister Peace, face-off and some other stuff to make it tempting, but I don't think I can justify spending SR points on normal monsters...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Yeah I'm not quite sure what I do for Links fest. I've run lots of salad but the consistency booster from their Xyz monster is massive. I should have something resembling a Tri-Brigade deck though... I just don't know how to play them.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm gonna use Dragon Link and make the U.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TRICKSTAR TIME BABY
LET'S loving GO

BURN BEST DECK!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
spirit chalmers

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I want to build S Force but I know deep down it's probably not very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Julias posted:

Salad works just fine without miragestallio. It was banned in the tcg for over a year and while the deck definitely is helped by the free extenders you still mostly focus on your link monsters and the accesscode package for OTKing the opponent. Also circle has been at 3 in master duel so that helps a lot too.