Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
Pinocchio was not going to a Marxist school I don't think, they would have simply trained him to perform a different type of alienated labor and to accept just as small a share of the wealth he generated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I would have preferred Pinocchio if at the end he turned towards the camera and said “I am now a communist” and specified that he was the same type of communist that I am

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

https://twitter.com/pangenttech/status/1528647250733199365

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

tinaun posted:

e: oh my god this dude was responsible for abe vigoda dot com too - there's a very heartfelt message hidden in the page source here written after he actually died. man the internet used to be so cool

That's pretty neat.

Speaking of how cool the internet used to be, I was reminded of a website KC Green had collaborated on. It died when flash did but it was a cool little oddity way back when.

http://tane.us/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V8wAUNsoyo

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Come And See posted:

That's pretty neat.

Speaking of how cool the internet used to be, I was reminded of a website KC Green had collaborated on. It died when flash did but it was a cool little oddity way back when.

http://tane.us/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V8wAUNsoyo

Zombo.com and Homestar Runner both still work, no excuses. :colbert:

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

vyelkin posted:

I know some people itt have been complaining about the abrupt shift to narration, but I think it actually works well to have that exact effect. Aisha's use of the brain chip, as she revealed in one of the few conversations between two Aishas (comic #165), has basically cost her her humanity and turned her into a utilitarian supercomputer who bases all her decisions on cold calculation and probability rather than emotion, something I think Thorsby also does a good job conveying with her lack of facial expressions. The switch to a similarly cold, unfeeling narrator's voice highlights that because it's such a stark contrast to emotional and emotive Ulf, who we followed around for most of the comic. The audience sort of goes through a similar experience of disengagement as Aisha does, by switching to a narrative voice that more closely mirrors how our point of view character thinks about the world now.

It also, conveniently, expedites the denouement of the story by letting us skip over stuff that's already well established. We don't need to see Aisha figuring out how to build robots or crazy inventions, because we already saw how Ulf used the network effect to figure that out. It clearly works for the "let's get this done" author motivation (there are only ten comics remaining!), but I think it also works to bring the audience closer to the point of view of the main character.
I also think this. The disengagement is giving the whole thing an air of grey tragedy and cold horror, instead of excitement at the action. If it was a movie I would imagine these scenes playing while the sound effects fade out and sad music plays.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan! Read right to left

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao poor tarou, all that studying for nothing

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Oops they forgot to not tell a joke

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Panels 1-3 set up the expectation that the character is headbanging, either on stage or in a crowd, and then panel 4 upends those expectations by showing the character is actually on a trampoline

It's not a knee slapper but it's an attempt. And there's effort put into the headbanging art, so there's that

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

thetoughestbean posted:

I would have preferred Pinocchio if at the end he turned towards the camera and said “I am now a communist” and specified that he was the same type of communist that I am

you can say that for every comic ever made though

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

lmao is that a chick tract about rock and roll??

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I tried looking that up and couldn't find it. :smith:

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think so

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

thetoughestbean posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a China Mieville book or two along these lines.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I couldn't find more than a couple panels, and it doesn't seem to exist on their website (which is now in my browser history).

Here's the culmination of the current "rock music = demonic" one :buddy:

:blastu::devil:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Crossposting

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
drat that Georgia fiddle player got robbed, he should have just sold his soul for all the cool rewards and then immediately reneged and been like haha sucks to be you Satan, deal's off and kept the free poo poo

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I couldn't find more than a couple panels, and it doesn't seem to exist on their website (which is now in my browser history).

gutter phoenix probably would know more about it i bet you'd get info posting in that thread

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ziv Zulander posted:

Crossposting

What. The. gently caress.

I need this stupid thing.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Zil posted:

What. The. gently caress.

I need this stupid thing.
Thank you for buying Pupkin

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BGOkVaJ8Pg

?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Captain Hygiene posted:

this is my good friend with a contract and a totally nonsuspicious name, Lew Siffer

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Rexxed posted:

Sorry to do it to you Boba, but there's an apostrophe in "adventurer's" that needs to go.

This is why I need proofreaders, (multiple because I produce comics daily, and no-one is available 24/7 and no-one is going to read 30 - 40 pages of comics, that I also change daily.) Thank you, fixing it now.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

Chapter 21

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

sometimes i lie awake thinking of a cool lobster i saw too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mx. posted:

:same:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I love a good travel montage

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Sign language guy seems nice

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

What a magnificent last panel.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Benagain posted:

loving that the headsmashers war cry is "heaad....smash!"

The pause is to give him time to remember the second half.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mx. posted:

why would you do this when you could dream about the lobster

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

I'm quite fond of the terminator duck, he's clearly the brains of the operation.

We haven't even begun to witness the power of his tie.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

readingatwork posted:

Ranking of Kings

Chapter 21

How could you plot against this fine young lad :kiddo:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Might read ahead, what number are we up to now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

178. Still riding?

179. Water

180. Joseph Milford