Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

KennyMan666 posted:

It's always been the same, anyone who makes a big thing about "I'm leaving this forum/community/site forever!" without also being banned is going to be back within a year, tops. It's the people who just quietly disappear who'll actually be gone for real.

It's the difference between wanting to leave and wanting to be seen to leave. If you really want to be gone, you don't care if people see you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guys I'm leaving this thread but will be posting through an intermediary which is also me.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I am leaving the thread in solidarity with dang it bhabhi

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Read After Burning posted:

https://twitter.com/gunz3379/status/1529410401426882560?cxt=HHwWgICyzYWqx7kqAAAA

Pack it up, y'all, he's solved it. We just gotta cut funding to other countries and mass shootings won't happen anymore.

Given current events in both Ukraine and Texas I'm picturing the United States arming teachers and children with like, stinger missiles and polish T-72s.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Hey guys what's up

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I hope ArfJason dunks on Jorp IRL.

:hmmyes:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Given current events in both Ukraine and Texas I'm picturing the United States arming teachers and children with like, stinger missiles and polish T-72s.

I'm not entirely sure this wouldn't improve things for some students.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My brain just interrupted my usual thoughts about tiddies and food to tell me it would be really funny if Jorp was bullied into a boxing match with Sam Seder ala Uwe v Lowtax.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's the difference between wanting to leave and wanting to be seen to leave. If you really want to be gone, you don't care if people see you
hell, it's the difference between the Irish Exit and the uh Jewish Exit

leaving without commentary

vs

commentary without leaving

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

My brain just interrupted my usual thoughts about tiddies and food to tell me it would be really funny if Jorp was bullied into a boxing match with Sam Seder ala Uwe v Lowtax.

Jorp would probably lose a boxing match with 2022 Lowtax.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I think sam seder would land one punch and jorbo would just disintegrate into a cloud of dust.

Other option is he suffers cascading bone failure where one snaps and then his whole body just crunches down into a heap like a collapsing electricity pylon.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I would pay money to see jorp get in a boxing match with almost anyone.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

thanks to the tran cross walk i am 200% stronger and insanely wealthy. i own 40 newspapers and 40 nuclear missiles

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He's got long reach but is in decrepit shape.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

endocriminologist posted:

thanks to the tran cross walk i am 200% stronger and insanely wealthy. i own 40 newspapers and 40 nuclear missiles

Wow, only serious movers and shakers can get a crosswalk temporarily painted and then likely painted over rapidly asap after the specified period

They must have a stranglehold on the city

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Wow, only serious movers and shakers can get a crosswalk temporarily painted and then likely painted over rapidly asap after the specified period

They must have a stranglehold on the city

we have a permanent one in my city right in front of city hall, painted by city roads staff

it did not stop the nazis from beating up trans people at pride that year, nor did it stop the cops from looking the other way or the city administration approving the cops looking the other way during the beatings

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I saw a news article mentioning The Wheel of Time casting a black woman to play a red haired woman and my first thought of course was "What is that ginger erasure guy up to?" only for me to find out there's actually tons of dudes super angry about black women replacing redhead characters that they fetishize.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

rodbeard posted:

I saw a news article mentioning The Wheel of Time casting a black woman to play a red haired woman and my first thought of course was "What is that ginger erasure guy up to?" only for me to find out there's actually tons of dudes super angry about black women replacing redhead characters that they fetishize.

Oh god I hope they get a black chick to play Jean Grey when they eventually start making X-Men MCU movies.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Is there an all-redhead superhero league? There should be. Shouldn't. Not be. Shouldn't not be.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Her being ginger is semi important thing due to where the character is from.
So Keep her black but also make her ginger. I'm curious how they will trip over themselves to argue its wrong without going mask off.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It is kind of a weird trend but I put it down to redheads being a whole Thing for comic book secondary characters.

Brawnfire posted:

Is there an all-redhead superhero league? There should be. Shouldn't. Not be. Shouldn't not be.

But what would you call it?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Sunburn Squad

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm trying to be creative but I literally can't stop thinking "The Redheaded Avengers!" in a loop

With a big boisterous radio narrator voice

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

https://twitter.com/BlackOtterBun/status/1528399701376114688

I see things are going well across the pond.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Teenage Mutant Ginger Turtles

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's true, horses are bap

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

So Keep her black but also make her ginger. I'm curious how they will trip over themselves to argue its wrong without going mask off.

It's been ages since I read WoT, but IIRC it's only important because blonde or red hair + pale complexion + pale eyes visibly mark her as Aiel in the lands west of the Spine where that appearance is unusual. For a TV show they could replace that with any other visual signifier and as long as it's consistent it would serve the same purpose in the plot.

Like, say, casting all of the Aiel as black. :getin:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

ToxicFrog posted:

It's been ages since I read WoT, but IIRC it's only important because blonde or red hair + pale complexion + pale eyes visibly mark her as Aiel in the lands west of the Spine where that appearance is unusual. For a TV show they could replace that with any other visual signifier and as long as it's consistent it would serve the same purpose in the plot.

Like, say, casting all of the Aiel as black. :getin:

Well they've already signified Rands red hair being rare and signifying his parentage from coming from there in the first season. So I'm not sure how they could write themselves out of it at this point.

I'm also not sure casting a warrior desert tribe of people who the rest of the world consider primitive and savage as all black people would be a great change.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Thaaaaaat is a very good point. I was just thinking of it from the point of view of Ginger Erasure Dude self-immolating in rage.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well the Red Headed League is already taken

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mega Comrade posted:

a desert lol

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Rat Patrol posted:

Deep cut, thank you

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Wait, the desert people in WoT are all fair skinned gingers?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Skwirl posted:

Spoiler alert: Fantasy authors are p. racist and also don't understand how sunshine works.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Yes. Really tall too.
There is a lore reason to explain all this if you really care. They weren't originally from the desert

But the important thing is they just need some visual characteristics in the TV show so people can identify them where ever they go. Personally I think just keeping them all ginger (but dropping the fair skinned stuff) will be the easiest way to do it.

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 17:31 on May 26, 2022

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Yes. IIRC the original authorial concept was "what if the Irish were a nomadic desert culture". No, this doesn't make any sense.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mega Comrade posted:

Yes. Really tall too.
There is a lore reason to explain all this if you really care. They weren't originally from the desert

But the important thing is they just need some visual characteristics in the TV show so people can identify them where ever they go. Personally I think just keeping them all ginger (but dropping the fair skinned stuff) will be the easiest way to do it.
Out of everywhere on the planet not riddled with poison magic a bunch of fair skinned redheads decided hey, you know where we should go live? The desert. At least Irish-descended Australians have the prison colony excuse.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

rodbeard posted:

That lady literally has red hair in the photo.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Rat Patrol posted:

That's OK, the Red-Headed League has been dissolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ToxicFrog posted:

Yes. IIRC the original authorial concept was "what if the Irish were a nomadic desert culture". No, this doesn't make any sense.

Pretty major spoilers for Wheel of time if you somehow really care but never made it to book 6. Been a while but basically:
the aiehl and the TUATHA'AN are the same people, only the aiehl broke their vow of pacifism way back and banished themselves to the desert and became badass desert ninjas. Basically WoT’s fremen. They’re both fantasy Travelers. I don’t remember why the desert group became more pasty and red headed than the others.

Really hoping the show finds its footing. For everything it did right it did it something really stupid, and Thats before Covid and an actor leaving caused the finale to be a complete trash fire.