Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

mdemone posted:

I hate that she buried the lightsabers. That really bothered me for some reason.

don't worry, at the end of episode XI Rey digs them up and says "It's time to get the band band together....for one last score"

also

Dexo posted:

JJ Abrams is a hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i feel like with sand moving around as it does, and the fact that the lars homestead is along some sort of road that would justify that old lady just randomly wandering up at that time, that it would take like 5 minutes for those sabers to be looted

i prefer to believe Rise of Skywalker ended about a minute early, and it turns out that lady was a Space Cop working that case for 60 years. "Skywalker? Last person spotted here alive was a boy named Skywalker, fled around the time his aunt and uncle were found incinerated. Couple years before that, a Skywalker killed a bunch of sand people with a lightsaber. You know anything about that? Whats that you've got there?" Last shot is Rey getting shoved into a Tatooine cop car, cut to John Williams music

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Do we have any idea how long the episodes are going to be tomorrow?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Do we have any idea how long the episodes are going to be tomorrow?

If I’m a betting man I’d go with what Mando and Boba do. Anywhere from 40-55 minutes.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Episode one is just seven minutes of Obi-Wan sweeping the sand out of his new house

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Filoni’s doing a slow burn on this and I like it. No need to rush and explain every single detail about Yoda, Yaddle, and Grogu, let it happen over the course of several tv show seasons like he’s currently doing.

Lol Yaddle in Mando season 3

Vinylshadow posted:

Episode one is just seven minutes of Obi-Wan sweeping the sand out of his new house

The whole planet is sand, gonna have to do a 7 minute montage of it. :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kind of surprised they didn’t put her in Clone Wars to be honest (almost every other Jedi had a role in that series as I recall and they even made up a few that never appeared in the movies)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Stayin up for that Obi-Wan premiere :allears:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

If I’m a betting man I’d go with what Mando and Boba do. Anywhere from 40-55 minutes.

That’s what I figured. I just remember for the last few shows (Book of Boba Fett and Bad Batch), the length of the episodes came out the day before. I’m trying to figure out how early I need to wake up so I can watch both episodes before work :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

That’s what I figured. I just remember for the last few shows (Book of Boba Fett and Bad Batch), the length of the episodes came out the day before. I’m trying to figure out how early I need to wake up so I can watch both episodes before work :v:

Just saying screw it and waking up at 4am when they drop to watch before work. :dance:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That DICK! posted:

i prefer to believe Rise of Skywalker ended about a minute early, and it turns out that lady was a Space Cop working that case for 60 years. "Skywalker? Last person spotted here alive was a boy named Skywalker, fled around the time his aunt and uncle were found incinerated. Couple years before that, a Skywalker killed a bunch of sand people with a lightsaber. You know anything about that? Whats that you've got there?" Last shot is Rey getting shoved into a Tatooine cop car, cut to John Williams music

Ah, the rarely used Monty Python Holy Grail ending.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

teagone posted:

Stayin up for that Obi-Wan premiere :allears:

One of the only good things about living in the UK is that Disney+ updates at 8am.

I have a 9am start tomorrow and I'm working from home. I'm going to watch one episode straight away and the next one on lunch or after work.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Larryb posted:

Kind of surprised they didn’t put her in Clone Wars to be honest (almost every other Jedi had a role in that series as I recall and they even made up a few that never appeared in the movies)

The show started in that grey area where they were still trying to honor the Expanded Universe (or at least not contradict it outright), so they probably didn't include her because she died in a young reader novel set before Episode II.

Her fate's wide open in the Disney canon though, and I actually wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in the Fallen Order sequel. The first game's grubby pilot/mechanic character mentioned hearing stories about her during his childhood, so there could be a fun Gimli/Galadriel moment if he actually gets to meet her in hiding at some point.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, I wasn’t aware they killed her off in a novel. Come to think of it, wasn’t there another member of Yoda’s species who showed up in one of the comics or something?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Vandar Tokare from KOTOR

Larryb posted:

She was off the council for whatever reason by Attack of the Clones, and none of the other former council members from Phantom Menace showed up in Clone Wars, although apparently Jocasta Nu and the turtle Jedi are supposedly council members that stepped down?

Robot Chicken is the only authority on what happened to Yarael Poof.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 26, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That was it, though it might be nice to meet a member of Yoda’s race that ISN’T Force sensitive for a change (unless they’re all just naturally gifted like how some races in the galaxy are apparently completely immune to Jedi mind tricks)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That DICK! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HO70-Rk3jE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1529893649072328704

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That kinda looks great

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s a better quality version of the above trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=j5UX1Adanis

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress yes, looks amazing.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I like seeing the LAAT gunships continued in service

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/themandalorian/status/1529898551748087808

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sucks for the wait but at least we’re getting other shows. Is Ahsoka before or after this?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just intravenously inject all of this Star War directly into me already. I want all of it, right now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This looks great and I want to believe it will be but I have no faith :(

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Sucks for the wait but at least we’re getting other shows. Is Ahsoka before or after this?

I think Ahsoka is filming now and Mando finished a while back, so after.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This looks great and I want to believe it will be but I have no faith :(

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1529901534573568000

Sure why not

:regd08:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Finally, a show (I) haven't seen news of

They really are just shotgunning them, aren't they

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

YES YES YES MORE MORE STAR WARS
MAKE ALL OF THE STAR WARS

ALL OF IT!!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vinylshadow posted:

Finally, a show (I) haven't seen news of

They really are just shotgunning them, aren't they

I hope they at least have an idea of what they want to do and we don't get a repeat of Boba Fett.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Madurai posted:

I like seeing the LAAT gunships continued in service
Clone Troopers in there too.

Would be pretty sweet to start at the same time of the Bad Batch and show the Separatists side of events.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cheesus posted:

Clone Troopers in there too.

Would be pretty sweet to start at the same time of the Bad Batch and show the Separatists side of events.

Andor is apparently set five years before the Battle of Yavin (concurrent with Star Wars Rebels), so outside of flashbacks, I doubt we're getting much Separatist focus, which is a drat shame

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A show about the Separatist side of the conflict could honestly be pretty interesting since Clone Wars only gave us a small glimpse into the non military aspect of their culture

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Is there a Star Wars celebration livestream somewhere?

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swclPDFHKNk

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Larryb posted:

A show about the Separatist side of the conflict could honestly be pretty interesting since Clone Wars only gave us a small glimpse into the non military aspect of their culture

Outside the robot armies and the dark lords the separatist society seemed pretty chill and had the right idea. And they had a UK parliament with the idiotic pantomime and everything.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

YES YES YES MORE MORE STAR WARS
MAKE ALL OF THE STAR WARS

ALL OF IT!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/8gsnYd1.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
What's this gonna be about? https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1529901534573568000?s=20&t=oOXnIVPNwXYntSXklrNEuA