Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Hopefully this [redacted] easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is an instant classic, 10/10, have listened to a few times and will listen to again!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
guys...I kinda wanna eat that calculator

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I did an unpaid internship at Sharp, so I only want to eat out the calculator.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
This episode of Extra Credit might not be for everyone, but some of these teenage roleplays sure are gems.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Dibs on Coprolite as my gemsona

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

gently caress yeah, Idiot Teen Roleplay

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I'm terrible, I definitely started singing along to the theme song in the car

no regrets :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm relieved that this is the bad writing of teenagers RPing in a Steven Universe AU and not the bad writing of adults RPing in an AU. This way it'll be bad in a wholesome way.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I know nothing about Steven Universe so I’m going to assume these kids are accurate and it’s like an anime version of Marvel’s Thunderbolts.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I worked with a dude ,who has a non-zero chance of being in that doc

Something about a 28 year old guy being into singing the Steven universe song on a ukelele to you is unnerving

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RandomPauI posted:

I'm relieved that this is the bad writing of teenagers RPing in a Steven Universe AU and not the bad writing of adults RPing in an AU. This way it'll be bad in a wholesome way.

yea this was some classic dumb internet 'lol these kids are silly' poo poo and not 'oh no it's all racism and fetish poo poo' you'd get from the adult crowd. A+ job.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lumbermouth posted:

I know nothing about Steven Universe so I’m going to assume these kids are accurate and it’s like an anime version of Marvel’s Thunderbolts.

Not really, but you probably aren't going to be interested in the show and it's lore. Sometimes kids just wanna be giant superpowered space lesbians.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

About 90% of this episode bounced off of me as though it was in a foreign language, but the vibe still seemed fun.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Lumbermouth posted:

i think this is a valid interpretation

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RandomPauI posted:

Not really, but you probably aren't going to be interested in the show and it's lore. Sometimes kids just wanna be giant superpowered space lesbians.

That’s what I thought, but like 75% of these OCs were moody male assassins working for the government!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The vibe of the show is generally closer to these musical numbers, this mech fight, and this excuse to get super-anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRE0mnU_RTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohe6CgfNrTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PapI-YJCXag

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I know very little about this, but I have watched the other gem anime so clearly the answer should be Phosphophyllite, or maybe Bort.

(Land of the Lustrous is pretty cool)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My son is also named Bort.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

sexpig by night posted:

yea this was some classic dumb internet 'lol these kids are silly' poo poo and not 'oh no it's all racism and fetish poo poo' you'd get from the adult crowd. A+ job.

I lost it at the Sweet Dreams bit. I mean, who hasn't had their OC randomly break out in whatever song you were obsessed with at the time for no real reason other than you want your OC to sing and be ~mysterious~

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Happy Landfill posted:

I lost it at the Sweet Dreams bit. I mean, who hasn't had their OC randomly break out in whatever song you were obsessed with at the time for no real reason other than you want your OC to sing and be ~mysterious~

truly such classic dumb kid roleplay poo poo to just shove a song you think is cool into your scene randomly

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think I know how to describe this forum's relationship to SU for people who don't really know SU.

It's like a group of teens all wanted to be the gritty, grimdark Heath Ledger Joker. But they also really wanted to roleplay in the campy 1960s Batman show's setting. So they just sorta kludged the two together and take turns being OCs like "Mr. Kidder", "Jokesy", "The Laughing Gal", etc. And because it's a prequel they never really run into Batman.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RandomPauI posted:

I think I know how to describe this forum's relationship to SU for people who don't really know SU.

It's like a group of teens all wanted to be the gritty, grimdark Heath Ledger Joker. But they also really wanted to roleplay in the campy 1960s Batman show's setting. So they just sorta kludged the two together and take turns being OCs like "Mr. Kidder", "Jokesy", "The Laughing Gal", etc. And because it's a prequel they never really run into Batman.

God bless dumb teenagers.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
will there be a garbage day this year

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Every day the past few years has been a garbage day.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Did they ever say outright why there wasn't a garbage day last year? I'm not gonna lie, I missed it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Lumbermouth posted:

I mean it is eventually revealed all the heroes are intergalactic rebels who fought off a facist government 1000 years ago before being stranded with 99% of their army turned into the very monsters they constantly fight. Also, literally every villian gets redeemed, whether they should or should not be. Like the aforementioned facist dictators. But I wouldn't compare it to the Thunderbolts.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I liked Sym-Bionic Titan

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Djeser posted:

I liked Sym-Bionic Titan

I remember thinking it was weird but cool enough

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Okay this has been bugging me, what was the ep where someone described a friend or girlfriend or something owing them money while having a sugar daddy and one of the readers goes 'oh no, you're the sour daddy' and it just kills. I've had 'sour daddy' stuck in my brain for days and I'm 90% sure it came from here

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm 90% sure it's the All Men are Paypigs episode https://thefmin.us/all-men-are-paypigs/

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its not, it's Do The Dishes, Charles

https://thefpl.us/episode/323

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
A posthumous reflection on Yahoo! Answers from Extra Credit.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
yahoo answers is one of those dead horses that i hope gets beat forever, I am going to genuinely miss that era of internet :unsmith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that and imdb, yea, just two perfect hubs of morons and lunatics

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

#JusticeForClownCrusher

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In my heart, Clown Crusher is the same person as the artist behind De Censored Pasta

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Sitting Here posted:

yahoo answers is one of those dead horses that i hope gets beat forever, I am going to genuinely miss that era of internet :unsmith:

Don't forget tvtropes

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Troper Tales is truly a treasure trove of material. Dire Gentlemen (a group of professional writers and the like) are going through the old archive of it on their Youtube channel and it has a pretty similar vibe to F Plus episodes, honestly. I'd definitely recommend it, especially since they're usually about like 20-30 minutes long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They also have a few fun long videos ripping into terrible writing advice. Dare you brave 7 hours of Chuck Wendig's prose?