Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
It might be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So what with the runaway success of Vampire Survivors, V Rising, and Morbius, is it fair to call this the year of the dracula?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mordja posted:

So what with the runaway success of Vampire Survivors, V Rising, and Morbius, is it fair to call this the year of the dracula?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lkVEDKZ0Dk

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm glad after a bunch of niche indie titles housemarque finally managed to get a modicum of financial success with returnal, it really seemed like they were floundering for a bit there (at one point they were prepared to throw a hail mary pass at the battle royale genre just to get some cash going)

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Mordja posted:

Nosfera22

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

2022 the Year of Morbin'

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Awesome, this is the one PS5 exclusive that I wanted to play. loving love Housemarquee games

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

goferchan posted:

Awesome, this is the one PS5 exclusive that I wanted to play. loving love Housemarquee games

Big same.

Between this and the potential of Ragnarok I was contemplating a PS5. I figure Forbidden West is coming to PC eventually anyway but now Returnal is, it has to be. And it has to mean Ragnarok'll be on PC eventually.

Sony wants that big PC port money.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i'm glad after a bunch of niche indie titles housemarque finally managed to get a modicum of financial success with returnal, it really seemed like they were floundering for a bit there (at one point they were prepared to throw a hail mary pass at the battle royale genre just to get some cash going)

Yeah I think Resogun (deservedly! now THAT is a game I would kill for on PC) had some eyes on it as a PS4 launch PS+ title but Nex Machina seemingly bombed, which is a bummer. Didn't love it quite as much as Resogun but it's still a top-class arcade game. I'm not Sony's biggest fan but I'm very appreciative that they gave those guys an actual budget for Returnal, I was expecting the studio to fold after that battle royal announcement lol

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Maybe I will finally be able to complete Returnal when I have mouse aiming

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

goferchan posted:

I pronounce HouseMarque like Biz Markie and none of you jerks can stop me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why would anyone want to

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

In 2 it was a double, because he had two balls. 3 had you kill Hitler, but I thought in 4 they let you shoot Mussolini instead?

That would have made a lot of sense, but it was Hitler again in a DLC. My impression has been that they've all been doubles.

So many wasted testicles.

edit: Testicles would be a good name for someone punished in a unique way by the gods in Greek mythology.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Mordja posted:

I find it darkly funny that all these vampire games are coming out and killing it while Bloodlines 2 languishes in hell

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BrianRx posted:

So many wasted testicles.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Steam Thread: So Many Wasted Testicles

(as honored as I am to be responsible for the current thread name)

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If Returnal comes to steam it better have the full Dualsense support it has on PS5, because it's honestly one of the best uses of the controller on the platform.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Messing around with google translate it seems like the negative reviews are mostly about 2 things:
#1 is poor optimization, being unable to maintain 60fps even on good graphics cards.
#2 is lacking multiplayer despite the fact that the store page apparently previously had the "co-op" tag. Apparently it's coming but still in the works.
poor optimization is nothing new considering Portia, but fwiw the demo ran at 60 on my PC and it seemed much more polished than Portia was during EA (and the demo build was from nearly a year before the actual EA launch date, due to the certification fuckery). they'd better not try to get it on Switch though, man that port was a nightmare. just be happy if it runs on Steam Deck

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Chipping away at cleaning my Humble Monthly/Choice pile. Anyway, who wants Hitman 2?

P6E0Q-77Z4T-M5LHA

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FrickenMoron posted:

If Returnal comes to steam it better have the full Dualsense support it has on PS5, because it's honestly one of the best uses of the controller on the platform.

I imagine it would, but I wish either Sony or Steam would figure out a way to get it working wirelessly. Apparently that data is transmitted using some proprietary tech that's not supported by standard bluetooth; you'd think there would be some sort of software solution there though.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Unlucky7 posted:

Chipping away at cleaning my Humble Monthly/Choice pile. Anyway, who wants Hitman 2?

P6E0Q-77Z4T-M5LHA

thanks!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Zathril posted:

Nosfera22

I just wanted you to know that I am proud of you.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

goferchan posted:

I imagine it would, but I wish either Sony or Steam would figure out a way to get it working wirelessly. Apparently that data is transmitted using some proprietary tech that's not supported by standard bluetooth; you'd think there would be some sort of software solution there though.

Sony recently started providing a Windows firmware updater for the Dualsense so there's some interest there in better supporting it on PC

Maybe a custom driver to enable full functionality over Bluetooth will come later

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Wooo just got my Steam Deck email! Not in line with any of the online predicted (guesswork) dates. I am unreasonably excited.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Wooo just got my Steam Deck email! Not in line with any of the online predicted (guesswork) dates. I am unreasonably excited.

Awesome!

Get ready to enjoy the fun of choice paralysis as you load 20 games on the deck and can't ever figure out which one to play.

I was playing some State of Decay 2 and it runs great but drat that 40fps system update can't come fast enough. SoD2 can run at 60 a lot of the time but it does dip down to like the way upper 40's so being able to lock it at a nice stable 40 would be great.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cowcaster posted:

Well Sony bought them, so while they still need to satisfy Sony’s targets, they don’t have to worry about keeping the lights on anymore.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I guess in the same "everything's being released on PC" vein, Hatsune Miku is now officially on Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1761390/Hatsune_Miku_Project_DIVA_Mega_Mix/

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Kanfy posted:

I guess in the same "everything's being released on PC" vein, Hatsune Miku is now officially on Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1761390/Hatsune_Miku_Project_DIVA_Mega_Mix/

And they're even letting us filthy gaijin buy it, unlike the Idolmaster games on Steam

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tamba posted:

And they're even letting us filthy gaijin buy it, unlike the Idolmaster games on Steam

Do they throw up some sort of pervert check captcha when you try to buy them outside of glorious Nippon?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sniper Elite 5 seems perfectly cromulent so far. I'm always torn between silently working my way through these levels and just sniping the gently caress out of everything while they take potshots at me from far away and usually end up doing the latter. I probably won't play this for any appreciable amount of time but I'm looking forward to trying co-op with a friend for a couple hours.

Edit: Although I am reading up on this Invasions thing (which, btw, you "get double" XP for enabling meaning if you turn it off you're essentially losing XP) and it sounds kinda poo poo. You get revealed to your invader if you stay in the same spot for too long apparently? Y'know like an elite sniper might do.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 26, 2022

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Got to admit that anti-camping mechanics in a sniper game is pretty funny.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

explosivo posted:

Sniper Elite 5 seems perfectly cromulent so far. I'm always torn between silently working my way through these levels and just sniping the gently caress out of everything while they take potshots at me from far away and usually end up doing the latter. I probably won't play this for any appreciable amount of time but I'm looking forward to trying co-op with a friend for a couple hours.

Edit: Although I am reading up on this Invasions thing (which, btw, you "get double" XP for enabling meaning if you turn it off you're essentially losing XP) and it sounds kinda poo poo. You get revealed to your invader if you stay in the same spot for too long apparently? Y'know like an elite sniper might do.

You're not that kind of sniper in the Sniper Elite games. You're of the shoot and scoot scout variety most of the time. Less assassin, more infiltrator and saboteur. For that role staying in the same spot is death.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

explosivo posted:

Love a multiplayer mode that encourages wannabe nazis to ruin my fun sniper time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah big pass on that

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Y'all talked about sex games on Steam, which I didn't know was a thing, and there seems to be a lot of them with the same weird waxy mannequin models

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Sniper Elite 5 lets you turn invasion stuff off, thankfully.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GD_American posted:

Y'all talked about sex games on Steam, which I didn't know was a thing,

buddy just wait until you hear about anime

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

GD_American posted:

Y'all talked about sex games on Steam, which I didn't know was a thing, and there seems to be a lot of them with the same weird waxy mannequin models

May I interest you in an Orc Massage?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

You're not that kind of sniper in the Sniper Elite games. You're of the shoot and scoot scout variety most of the time. Less assassin, more infiltrator and saboteur. For that role staying in the same spot is death.

I know and agree that those games have never been about that gameplay but it's lovely to penalize you for not playing the game the way they want you to.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

GD_American posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Disposable Scud posted:

Sniper Elite 5 lets you turn invasion stuff off, thankfully.

apparently you take an XP penalty to do so, though, which sounds laaaaame on principle