Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

But can he act????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
A Snyder MCU cameo would be legit hilarious just to see the SnyderBro reaction. Would it be positive? Would they claim there’s some insane conspiracy forcing him to make the cameo under duress?

Who knows! :getin:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ideally it would be exactly like how this director acted in his own guest appearance in Community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3uEPLT-yfg

e: Mitch Hurwitz, of Arrested Development

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm waiting for when they get Snyder to make a movie for them. Give him Hyperion or the Sentry.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm waiting for when they get Snyder to make a movie for them. Give him Hyperion or the Sentry.

Sentry actually IS a really sad story about suffering and sacrifice, so this might be a good fit.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
https://twitter.com/NebsGoodTakes/status/1529553374647050242

Aiight cool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looks legit as gently caress and it isn't an immediate CGI ridden mess

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
wow even in direct light it looks that good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soonmot posted:

wow even in direct light it looks that good

The new Blue Beetle costume was at least partially inspired by Kamen Rider suits which are in turn usually made to be not just CGI, so it makes sense that it can be made into a pretty functional non-CGI suit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The helmet looks a little too big but it'll probably be fine in motion. But yeah, that's a solid looking costume.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I like super hero movies with super hero costumes.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I just now realized Blue Beetle is kinda the Guyver.

Also I forgot the kid from Cobra Kai was in this so with the Sudeikis Ted Kord rumor I think I'm officially excited about a "New" Blue Beetle thing for the first time.

Especially if it somehow leads to Super Budddies type spinoff where everyone refers to Ted as Old Blue Beetle

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I just now realized Blue Beetle is kinda the Guyver.

Also I forgot the kid from Cobra Kai was in this so with the Sudeikis Ted Kord rumor I think I'm officially excited about a "New" Blue Beetle thing for the first time.

Especially if it somehow leads to Super Budddies type spinoff where everyone refers to Ted as Old Blue Beetle

I hope that guy isn't in the movie.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Dang, that does look good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah, that's why Miguel's gets really swole (which is not remarked on) in the last season.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

A Snyder MCU cameo would be legit hilarious just to see the SnyderBro reaction. Would it be positive? Would they claim there’s some insane conspiracy forcing him to make the cameo under duress?

Who knows! :getin:

Remember what happened to Black Bolt in Multiverse of Madness? That.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

The helmet looks a little too big but it'll probably be fine in motion. But yeah, that's a solid looking costume.

I assume they're just going to replace the head in post. Since in the comics it can emote and also I believe the eyes light up normally.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The only thing I've ever read with Blue Beetle was The Death of Superman where he didn't really do much. What's his whole superhero deal?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The only thing I've ever read with Blue Beetle was The Death of Superman where he didn't really do much. What's his whole superhero deal?

Original Ted Kord Blue Beetle is your average non powered "gadget" hero. He's a millionaire inventor/philathropist and head of Kord Industries in the comics. Became besties with time traveling goofball Booster Gold and had a really solid comedy bit with him for years. Then he was killed off by Max Lord for stumbling upon his evil scheme. I don't remember if he's back in comics, but he's kind of a mentor to New Blue Beetle

New Blue Beetle is Jaime Reyes, a young man who is given super powers when an alien device clamps onto his spine, giving him a transforming super suit. What if Iron Man's nanomachine suit was alien tech instead of home brewed (in a cave. from scraps). Pretty new character IIRC

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 26, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Original Ted Kord Blue Beetle is your average non powered "gadget" hero. He's a millionaire inventor/philathropist and head of Kord Industries in the comics. Became besties with time traveling goofball Booster Gold and had a really solid comedy bit with him for years. Then he was killed off by Max Lord for stumbling upon his evil scheme. I don't remember if he's back in comics, but he's kind of a mentor to New Blue Beetle

New Blue Beetle is Jaime Reyes, a young man who is given super powers when an alien device clamps onto his spine, giving him a transforming super suit. What if Iron Man's nanomachine suit was alien tech instead of home brewed (in a cave. from scraps). Pretty new character IIRC

Hilariously Jaime was introduced in 2006 which puts him comfortably on both the "has been around for a little under 2 decades" list AND "one of the most recently introduced heroes who stuck around" list.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If I remember right Watchman’s Night Owl and Arrow’s Atom are both pretty heavily based on Ted Kord/Blue Beetle. If that in any way helps get a sense of the guy.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Mr Hootington posted:

I hope that guy isn't in the movie.

Of course you do....

CzarChasm posted:

Isn't there technically an even older Golden Age Blue Beetle who had a "magic" scarab which they retconned into the alien tech that Jaime uses as Blue Beetle(3?)?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blue Beetle 1 is Dan Garrett. He uses what was at the time thought to be (and of course was until a retcon) a magic scarab that gives him superhuman powers.

Ted Kord, a student of his, becomes Blue Beetle 2 when he dies. He has the scarab but doesn’t use it, instead being Batman.

Those two are the inspiration for the Nite Owls in Watchmen.

Blue Beetle 3 is Jaime Reyes. That’s the Spanish Jaime, so pronounced like an H. He finds the scarab some time after Ted dies and it turns out it’s actually alien tech so it gives him an alien battlesuit. He’s any version of Iron Man that uses a nano machine suit, as mentioned.

There was also a Dan Garret (one T) Blue Beetle first in the 30s but they retooled the comic in the 60s and that version doesn’t exist in continuity anymore.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I assume they're just going to replace the head in post. Since in the comics it can emote and also I believe the eyes light up normally.

They'll enhance it, but they won't replace it. When things are being straight-up replaced, they use motion capture suits.

Hasbro make MoCap Suit Iron Man

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Of course you do....

I thought serving his ex-wife custody papers when she went up to speak at that convention was weird and gross.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

That's not really how process serving works. There's at least 3 other people responsible for that decision before him, I highly doubt he had any say in when and where they did it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I thought serving his ex-wife custody papers when she went up to speak at that convention was weird and gross.

It's not like he told the process server to do that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

It's not like he told the process server to do that.

Yeah you are right. Too bad Steve Guttenberg isn't 20 years younger. He would be a much better in the role.

I've only found sudeikis funny in always sunny, eastbound and down, and portlandia. Possibly because people that are actually funny wrote him parts

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 26, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Credit where credit is due though, that's a brilliant time for the process server to do it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently its not super uncommon for a process server to just get at a celeb at an event but but it is usually reserved as a last resort when the person has been ducking the server.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Adam Scott and Seann William Scott have been my top choices for Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Booster Gold for the longest time.

I would have been fine with Sudeikis, though. Now I think Billy Magnussen would be a good Booster if they write him as more of a cocky jock-bro and less of a lovable goofball trying his best.

But I was finally starting to envision Zach Braff as Ted after Donald Faison played Booster in the Legends of Tomorrow series finale.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

They'll enhance it, but they won't replace it. When things are being straight-up replaced, they use motion capture suits.

Hasbro make MoCap Suit Iron Man

This makes me wonder how much they have to go over the reflections in the actually physically filmed parts of the suit to get rid of the reflections of crew and cameras and whatnot.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

SlimGoodbody posted:

This makes me wonder how much they have to go over the reflections in the actually physically filmed parts of the suit to get rid of the reflections of crew and cameras and whatnot.

As much as people like to complain about MCU's CGI, they did some really good poo poo with Ironman's suit.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

I think they actually just replace everything with CG, the physical parts of the suit is probably for referencing lighting and reflections or something

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

As much as people like to complain about MCU's CGI, they did some really good poo poo with Ironman's suit.

95% of a Marvel movie is CGI. Most of it is good, we just notice the bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A fun game to play is to look at interview footage or non production stills of actors and see if you can spot all their tattoos that end up getting CG'ed over in movies.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

And usually the bad is because of too-strict deadlines. The godawful final fight in Black Panther was put together in like, six weeks? With very little help from the director in the way that they shot it before sending it to the CGI team.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Maybe he's too old now but ten years ago I really liked the idea of Joel McHale for Booster Gold.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, most of the time it's a question of time/money rather than animator skill. You can spend a year getting a scene perfect, or you spend a couple of weeks getting it good enough and move onto the next shot. Nobody's going to notice something looking a bit wonky off to the side when there's a monster getting punched in the middle of the shot. At least not until people dissect the DVD version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24

I always like this video when people complain about CGI. It was legitimately eye opening for me.