Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
surely holding my nose and supporting the lesser of two evils every single time i get the chance will lead to an overall gradual improvement in the rotten system instead of reaffirming that anyone seeking elected office doesn't ever feel pressure to improve on important issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqRNnIMDkUY

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If I keep saying I will begrudgingly eat poo poo they will stop feeding me poo poo

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

paul_soccer12 posted:

surely holding my nose and supporting the lesser of two evils every single time i get the chance will lead to an overall gradual improvement in the rotten system instead of reaffirming that anyone seeking elected office doesn't ever feel pressure to improve on important issues

incorrect

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

what part of my objectively tldr post would lead any thinking being to believe that "the system can gradually improve"

lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

what part of my objectively tldr post would lead any thinking being to believe that "the system can gradually improve"

lmao

why would you think i was responding to your post after i said i didnt read it

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

i'm catty and i think you're dumb, so i'm trying to bait you into an argument to make myself feel better by yelling at some moron on the internet

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

i'm catty and i think you're dumb, so i'm trying to bait you into an argument to make myself feel better by yelling at some moron on the internet

but you are dumb, though. and i am actually much smarter than you. that is the state of things, as they stand today.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
it's possible to be stupid and not wrong, or to be wrong and not stupid, but in this scenario, you are both stupid, and wrong,

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

go vote about it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
im catty. im a cheeky scamp. here are four paragraphs about why voting for palestinian genocide is something you should do, morally.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

paul_soccer12 posted:

but you are dumb, though. and i am actually much smarter than you. that is the state of things, as they stand today.

Same tbh

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

we have committed precisely the same amount of effort towards stopping the genocide of the palestinian people, and have committed precisely the same amount of effort towards supporting it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

we have committed precisely the same amount of effort towards stopping the genocide of the palestinian people, and have committed precisely the same amount of effort towards supporting it

oh word becuase i've donated and marched in support of the palestinian cause whereas you vote to put in power people who would throw them to the wolves

donating and protesting doesn't do a hell of a lot but it's not the polar opposite of supporting them, which is what youre advocating, you loving weasel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

excuse me

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

paul_soccer12 posted:

oh word becuase i've donated and marched in support of the palestinian cause

same, to the same degree of effectiveness

quote:

whereas you vote to put in power people who would throw them to the wolves

you could've stopped at "whereas you vote"

"vote" and "stop palestinian genocide" do not belong in the same sentence

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

same, to the same degree of effectiveness

you could've stopped at "whereas you vote"

"vote" and "stop palestinian genocide" do not belong in the same sentence

voting FOR someone who you know for a fact is going to continue furthering the aim of palestinian genocide is worse than not voting

loving moron

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

paul_soccer12 posted:

voting FOR someone who you know for a fact is going to continue furthering the aim of palestinian genocide is worse than not voting

actually, the nature of the american political system and the insidious, pervasive influence of the global capitalist order make them literally precisely identical. you imbecile, you loving moron

it kind of sounds like you want to vote more about it, tbh

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I asked a Palestinian guy and he says he doesn’t know who John Fetterman is, doesn’t care, and that it wouldn’t make a difference anyway. maybe he’s right, idk

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

your belief that you can vote away the genocide that our government actively supports is endearing, but Profoundly Incorrect; beyond which you are, yourself, materially contributing to palestine's annihilation far more during the other 364 days of the year. the american political system will never permit you to vote against israel's vile apartheid regime, to the exact same degree, frankly, that it will never permit you to vote for it. neither option will ever appear on the ballot, even if they literally do appear on the ballot, because your input on this front is utterly without meaning to a government unalterably committed to the project of oppression, murder, and exploitation

the idea that you can stop the systemic butchering of the palestinian people by participating in the very system which perpetrates it is the delusional product of decades of propaganda, propaganda which has infected you with the belief that you live in an actual democracy. there are atrocities whose most marginal edges you may be permitted to chisel away at. this isn't one of them.

if i see a potentially successful political candidate who doesn't want to drop white phosphorous on eight year-olds, i will vote for them, exactly the same way that i would vote for a candidate who promises me a unicorn. don't sprain a wrist jerking yourself off too hard for not doing so

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my palestinian friend told me that this is the most important election of our lifetimes

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

your belief that you can vote away the genocide that our government actively supports is endearing, but Profoundly Incorrect; beyond which you are, yourself, materially contributing to palestine's annihilation far more during the other 364 days of the year. the american political system will never permit you to vote against israel's vile apartheid regime, to the exact same degree, frankly, that it will never permit you to vote for it. neither option will ever appear on the ballot, even if they literally do appear on the ballot, because your input on this front is utterly without meaning to a government unalterably committed to the project of oppression, murder, and exploitation

the idea that you can stop the systemic butchering of the palestinian people by participating in the very system which perpetrates it is the delusional product of decades of propaganda, propaganda which has infected you with the belief that you live in an actual democracy. there are atrocities whose most marginal edges you may be permitted to chisel away at. this isn't one of them.

if i see a potentially successful political candidate who doesn't want to drop white phosphorous on eight year-olds, i will vote for them, exactly the same way that i would vote for a candidate who promises me a unicorn. don't sprain a wrist jerking yourself off too hard for not doing so

go bombvest about it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i say swears online posted:

my palestinian friend told me that this is the most important election of our lifetimes

do they like sheetz or wawa better

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

paul_soccer12 posted:

go bombvest about it

sincerely your first useful post on the subject

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
also i have a gang tag so now who hasn't done poo poo for palestinians bub

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

...that's fair

How Do I Get The Gang Tag

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

legit did not know that fetterman was pro fracking lol. so what even is the difference between him and conor lamb? is it really only that fett is big?

Ringo Roadagain has issued a correction as of 01:49 on May 27, 2022

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

don't sprain a wrist jerking yourself off too hard for not doing so

thats true im just in a bad mood today i guess sorry if i told you to kill yourself or anything

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ringo Roadagain posted:

legit did not know that fetterman was pro fracking lol. so what even is the difference between him and conor lamb? is it really only that fett is big?

Fetterman is pro-legalization and pro-union and is big

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

~legalize it~ and being pro-union are positive, actionable stances, which is why i think (heavily) critical support of fetterman is at least somewhat justified. i'm deeply pessimistic about his actual commitment to either, and he seems at best a standard issue shitlib otherwise, but a Large Pink Shrek advocating policies which will weaken the carceral state and strengthen workers' rights is okay with me

paul_soccer12 posted:

thats true im just in a bad mood today i guess sorry if i told you to kill yourself or anything

same, sorry i got So Mad. my inability to alter the trajectory of this demon cracker nation leads me to project my feelings of impotence onto others in the form of pathological crybaby rage. d2i

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

paulsoccer and powell are both wrong--there simply isn't a way to vote ourselves out of this mess

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

it's gonna take canvassing and cash, too. Who's willing to match me with a $100 donation? I can skip weed this month

because Gritty isn't on the ballot

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

platzapS posted:

it's gonna take canvassing and cash, too. Who's willing to match me with a $100 donation? I can skip weed this month

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

platzapS posted:

Epic poo poo goon sir.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Ringo Roadagain posted:

yep it's all identity politics

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

For the record I am also very smart

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

thekeeshman posted:

I mean, he won the primary, (and it's not like his opponents were better), so the choice now is the big man or whichever Republican crawls out of the wreckage of their primary. If you'd rather have Dr. Oz then go nuts, but otherwise I don't know what purpose you serve by trying to turn people against him. If you successfully dissuade your friends from voting for him the only person you're helping is Dr. Oz.

You’re being a condescending dick, and if you don’t see the value in having informed voters rather than people responding to cults of personality then you are definitely part of the problem.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

thekeeshman posted:

I mean, he won the primary, (and it's not like his opponents were better), so the choice now is the big man or whichever Republican crawls out of the wreckage of their primary. If you'd rather have Dr. Oz then go nuts, but otherwise I don't know what purpose you serve by trying to turn people against him. If you successfully dissuade your friends from voting for him the only person you're helping is Dr. Oz.

Very funny to see this argument posted on CSPAM in 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dr Oz is an immigrant, have some respect ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

Dr Oz is an immigrant, have some respect ffs.

an immigrant and a Troop