Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I read that too fast and thought "higher than giraffe tits" was meant to describe the image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Giraffe tits are not that high up anyway. It's like 1.5 meters off the ground. Baby giraffes aren't that tall.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Not gonna lie, that's a decent surreal piece, better than many I've seen here.

Damning with faint praise.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Odious Redon

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Giraffe tits are not that high up anyway. It's like 1.5 meters off the ground. Baby giraffes aren't that tall.

Higher than my tits

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

whypick1 posted:

If it weren't for the breasts I'd say that's Ozzy Osbourne.

I'd still say it's probably Ozzy Osbourne, but thankfully I lack the intimate knowledge of Ozzy that certainty would require

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Kwyndig posted:

I think it's more often formulated as "higher than giraffe pussy" but people are cowards.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Kenning posted:

I think it's more often formulated as "higher than giraffe pussy" but people are cowards.

I've always heard higher than giraffe rear end or alternatively, higher than pterodactyl tits.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Higher than a hippy in a helicopter is my go to phrase

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Sure hope this posts correctly on mobile
https://twitter.com/worldtattooG/status/1529037418443284482?t=1HWXaLg_PeDdqVz2ivNLPQ&s=19

The highest possible ratio of stellar work to "why the gently caress would you get this"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Luna Was Here posted:

Unfortunately it did

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Thanks, I hate it

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Luna Was Here posted:

The highest possible ratio of stellar work to "why the gently caress would you get this"
This reminds me of that novel where the bad guy was legally forced to have "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" tattooed across his forehead as a warning to others, except in this case the warning sign is self-imposed.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think it's neat!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

minato posted:

This reminds me of that novel where the bad guy was legally forced to have "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" tattooed across his forehead as a warning to others, except in this case the warning sign is self-imposed.

Snowcrash. The guy also carried around a nuke in a motorcycle sidecar.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Snowcrash. The guy also carried around a nuke in a motorcycle sidecar.

he also tried to gently caress a 15? year old and was only stopped by the trap she hid up there. that book is all sorts of hosed and stephenson is overrated

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Large Testicles posted:

stephenson is overrated

I've said it before, maybe even in this thread, but nerds think they're a lot smarter and clever than they ever are

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

that book is all sorts of hosed and stephenson is overrated

That book came out in the Year of our Lord, nineteen ninety two.

Thirty loving years ago.

It was mind blowing at the time.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

the hero is an internet-poisoned adult sword owner

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Large Testicles posted:

he also tried to gently caress a 15? year old and was only stopped by the trap she hid up there. that book is all sorts of hosed and stephenson is overrated

Diamond Age is pretty good, imo, but most of his other work is so long-winded that I fall asleep reading them.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

CommonShore posted:

the hero is an internet-poisoned adult sword owner

So a goon?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Inzombiac posted:

Diamond Age is pretty good, imo, but most of his other work is so long-winded that I fall asleep reading them.

Diamond Age is easily his best work.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
stephenson has never been able to write a successful ending to a book which is why i call him overrated. he has good ideas but he can never flesh them together into anything coherent. like even that dogshit Reamde, the virtual reality MMO he was describing at the time was amazing but then the rest of the book is about the lone hero killing Muslim terrorists

Large Testicles has a new favorite as of 09:43 on May 25, 2022

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Diamond Age is easily his best work.

:hmmyes:

Here's a quick snow crash tattoo

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Johnny Truant posted:

I dunno who Jack is, but I like the Public Enemy tattoo.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Johnny Truant posted:

Lol I picked up this thread with the snow crash convo and thought I was in a different thread

I saw that tat and got so excited to post it here until I realized where it was. It is a bad tattoo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Large Testicles posted:

stephenson has never been able to write a successful ending to a book which is why i call him overrated. he has good ideas but he can never flesh them together into anything coherent. like even that dogshit Reamde, the virtual reality MMO he was describing at the time was amazing but then the rest of the book is about the lone hero killing Muslim terrorists

The MMO poo poo is actually really really embarrassing.

Anyway Anathem is his best book and is the one that actually has an ending.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

END OF AN ERROR posted:

I dunno who Jack is, but I like the Public Enemy tattoo.

You never heard of Jack "The Sound" Barrier? He was a big record producer back in the 70s

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Johnny Truant posted:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Stephenson from the baroque cycle forward is objectively trash and often 3edgy5me. Stephenson pre-quicksilver is pretty good.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

https://twitter.com/worldtattooG/status/1529037418443284482?t=1HWXaLg_PeDdqVz2ivNLPQ&s=19

Sick Steven Segal tattoo

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Macksy posted:

Sick Steven Segal tattoo

Son of a bitch once you see it….

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A Steven Seagal tattoo would only be slightly less embarrassing right now.

Speaking of:

Nailed it

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

whypick1 posted:

A Steven Seagal tattoo would only be slightly less embarrassing right now.

Speaking of:

Nailed it

Sick Norm Macdonald tattoo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Probably closer to deathbed Norm MacDonald.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Son of a bitch once you see it….

Not squinty enough

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Adhemar posted:

Sick Norm Macdonald tattoo.

My first thought was Hugo Weaving...and I'm the one who specifically searched "Steven Seagal tattoo".

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Uh I checked and it’s true. What the gently caress!

Sounds like you have swallowed your pride, choked on the rinds, and the lack thereof has left you empty inside.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Wasabi the J posted:

Sounds like you have swallowed your pride, choked on the rinds, and the lack thereof has left you empty inside.

It really should come as no surprise to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

minato posted:

My "poor impulse control" tattoo has a lot of people asking questions already answered by my poor impulse control tattoo.