Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Sentinel Red posted:

That selfies thing is hilarious. Would be tempted if I could get Palps on the throne for it.

I wonder if you would be able to pop the heads off those the same way you can with other figures. If so, it probably wouldn’t be hard to take your custom head and swap it onto any other 6-inch figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gripweed posted:

My comic shop got in these Lalah Sune figures and I almost got one, but then I realized that the box didn't have any pictures of what the figure looked like from behind, and I decided not to risk it.

a quick google suggests you're probably okay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This is great

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1529855751820394497

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is our Batman collector famous now? Just saw this come up on my FB feed. :3:

Isn't this the same setup?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
My sister just texted me that photo. Weird.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, with the Ahsoka and Grogu I just bought, I'm officially collecting the Vintage Collection now.

Which is the better Rey to get, TFA or TLJ?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TLJ for sure but she’s way out of stock by now so your best bet is rise of skywalker

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

TLJ for sure but she’s way out of stock by now so your best bet is rise of skywalker

I wasn't aware they did one of those

gregday
May 23, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Is our Batman collector famous now? Just saw this come up on my FB feed. :3:

Isn't this the same setup?

That is mine, yes. But I wish people would use the fully completed suit photo and not this one where it's just the armor over the mannequin form without the undersuit and forearm armor.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
found this rare picture of the inside of gregday's house

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

How many of their vehicle previews have ever actually happened? Rey's speeder never came out. Mando's speeder never came out.

The Scout trooper (Baby Yoda puncher) one is actually happening, and I think there's an Anakin with those flying pogo stick things.

They showed off a 1/6 scale Falcon cockpit that they said would be coming (and later at a convention a full 1/6 Falcon) but it never made it to production.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cloks posted:

lol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cloks posted:

lmbo at Stilt-Man's legs and Beast's pelt

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

They showed off a 1/6 scale Falcon cockpit that they said would be coming (and later at a convention a full 1/6 Falcon) but it never made it to production.

Wait

How loving big would that even be, that seems prohibitive

gregday
May 23, 2003

Cloks posted:

Lol at the Phoenix poster reading “DEAD AGAIN”

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

*looks at the aftermarket prices on vintage collection ROS Rey*

Looks like I'm not getting a Rey.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Burkion posted:

Wait

The cockpit was massive.

The whole Falcon was only meant as a con showpiece.

gregday
May 23, 2003

There are people on the Replica Prop Forum who have (at least attempted to) recreate the Falcon cockpit 1:1 in their houses.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Burkion posted:

Wait

The cockpit was the thing they were saying they would sell (it would be giant but I've seen prop replica things that took up more space) but the 1/6 Falcon was a big dick waiving display piece for a convention.

Oh that's right they also said they were making a 1/6 TIE Fighter as well.

edit: more photos https://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=263878

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks to be the size of a Queen or King bed. :lol:

If I was a rich man i'd commission it. Maybe I'll win the 70 million lottery tonight!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

Looks to be the size of a Queen or King bed. :lol:

If I was a rich man i'd commission it. Maybe I'll win the 70 million lottery tonight!

If you do, don’t forget your friends!

(Me. I am your friend)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If I win everyone will get one in this thread.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Edit to quote the person actually looking for a Rey:

Nodosaur posted:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/81427

In stock and discounted, actually, :10bux:

Funny it should come up because I just impulse-bought that exact figure and it showed up in my big box the other day.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 26, 2022

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I thought you were talking about hot toys lol

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

Man I was just curious the other day looking up some of the first run Vintage Collection toys I have and wow, some have really taken off. I got this cool Yoda from Canada with the ESB picture instead of the Attack of the Clones and it's gone for ~$800 on ebay recently. Crazy stuff

gregday
May 23, 2003

Etsy is the worst thing to ever happen to my budget.

(Not purchased… yet)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Man I was just curious the other day looking up some of the first run Vintage Collection toys I have and wow, some have really taken off. I got this cool Yoda from Canada with the ESB picture instead of the Attack of the Clones and it's gone for ~$800 on ebay recently. Crazy stuff

I went to a con last year and bought two big bins of loose circa 2005-2011ish 3.75” figures for $110 off a guy who just wanted them gone. After keeping the couple dozen I wanted, I sold the rest on eBay that summer and made around ~$2800 after fees and shipping.

TVC collectors are crazy. Hard to blame them though, that line has easily the best selection of characters.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I wonder how much my huge collection of 3 3/4s would have been worth if I hadn't given away and donated most of it. I had a ton of characters, troopers and exclusives from between Revenge of the Sith and when the Clone Wars cartoon movie came out.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Shiroc posted:

I wonder how much my huge collection of 3 3/4s would have been worth if I hadn't given away and donated most of it. I had a ton of characters, troopers and exclusives from between Revenge of the Sith and when the Clone Wars cartoon movie came out.

That’s the real sweet spot for the line too. No new movies to draw from, only deep cuts and copious amounts of troopers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

gregday posted:

I’ve had a quite reasonable Indiana Jones Grail diary replica in my Etsy basket for like, 3 years now.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s the real sweet spot for the line too. No new movies to draw from, only deep cuts and copious amounts of troopers.

Lots of vehicles and poo poo too. I had the big Millennium Falcon and the AT-AT at the end at least with tons of other ones I remember having along the way. I think the bulk of what I had left in the end went to a child relative of one of my friends so hopefully they had fun with it all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

gregday posted:

(Not purchased… yet)

they printed the chain pattern on the sides? Weak.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gregday posted:

(Not purchased… yet)

The other year I found out that there are people who make good Macross flight helmets and nice Ultraman full head masks and some day I shall get them...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This cool viking guy goes up on Mattel Creations tomorrow

https://creations.mattel.com/products/masters-of-the-universe-origins-kol-darr-action-figure-hdy26

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
What up bitches

Kinokuniya in Seattle had them at retail. I thought they were gone forever when I mentioned them a few weeks ago.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

I thought I knew all the notable MOTU/POP characters, who the hell is this guy?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Star war is cool

Feels good to be more or less “caught up,” preorders aside. Though there are still a couple of figures I want. Notably the Dewback and Tauntaun. I kind of want the Snowspeeder, but mostly for the exclusive Dak Ralter figure.

Also holding out for an updated Jango Fett because gently caress the old one is bad.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

drrockso20 posted:

I thought I knew all the notable MOTU/POP characters, who the hell is this guy?

He was in one episode of MOTU

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Kol_Darr

I'm gonna need this bitchin horse too

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 27, 2022

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I love him

I also got a cool sofubi dog from some Ultraman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Cloks posted:

What story is this from?