Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

pushpins posted:

My kid swallowed a coin and I am upset by this

Sounds like a perfect time to watch House S07E05, "Unplanned Parenthood". Might give you some ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

pushpins posted:

He should poop it out in a few days

Have fun searching for it. Maybe save it as a memento for him.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

pushpins posted:

My kid swallowed a coin and I am upset by this

My puppy keeps eating socks whole and barfing them up in the house.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

unless it’s pointy, large, or magnetic this too will pass.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

IAMKOREA posted:

Oh that sucks what did the doctor say

No more monkeys jumping on the bed

doot, doot-doot, doot-doot, doot-doot, doot-doot

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

webcams for christ posted:

It's a wildly exploitative, brutally competitive industry, away from which I steer any interested young person I can.

I would be interested to hear about non -exploitative industries.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I'm not trying to be unhelpful or contrarian but I have an art degree and I am lucky enough to have one of the best jobs a professional artist of my genre could wish for. I earn more money than I ever though I would and I feel lucky every day. If my daughter wants to go to art school I'll be thrilled.

(because school is essentially free here)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Everyone knows it's all about your portfolio:smug:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I went to college for supply chain/ music composition so I can always have a job and spend free time fooling around in music

also will be helpful supplementing my kid’s music education but she told me this morning she wants to be a ….DJ

I guess I can just go over tonal/sonic/rhythm qualities of songs to be a DJ.

my dream room for my kid to explore music would be this

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

god drat. thats gotta be like thirty thousand bucks just in eurorack.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

bitmap posted:

god drat. thats gotta be like thirty thousand bucks just in eurorack.

if I won the lottery that’s what I’d get. my spouse said we would adopt as well so kid gets a sibling and the joy of turning those knobs and patch cables

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

sonatinas posted:

if I won the lottery that’s what I’d get. my spouse said we would adopt as well so kid gets a sibling and the joy of turning those knobs and patch cables

i might get my kid a pocket operator. if she's good.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

bitmap posted:

i might get my kid a pocket operator. if she's good.

I have thought about that but I’m going to wait until she’s older.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I can't wait to teach my kid piano :3:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I gave my kid a $20 ukulele that I stole.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I can't wait to teach my kid piano :3:

I'm trying to teach mine but it's hard when you don't know how to play.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Magnetic is only a problem if there's something it can magnetize with, eg another magnet. What we're afraid of is them getting stuck together across two different parts of the intestine.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I dont have a clever or pithy post for it but holy poo poo I'm sad and scared for you american parents

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

At this point I feel like Im committing child abuse just raising my kid here.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Organic Lube User posted:

yup same

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Organic Lube User posted:

yeah :smith:

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

idno fellas if you want to move to a nice town in ireland with a pretty castle and like 40 pubs I've got a spare room

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Today I realized that Justin Trudeau is one of the last non right wing populist western leaders left and I got a little scared because lol that guy? seriously we're hosed

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bitmap posted:

I dont have a clever or pithy post for it but holy poo poo I'm sad and scared for you american parents

It's loving insane dude

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

bitmap posted:

Kind of nuts how much actual dread you can just swallow and love with!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Benagain posted:

Kind of nuts how much actual dread you can just swallow and love with!

I wanna engage with this post but I just get filled with dread and give up when I try to type something

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
My kid was recently bumped up to the 'school age' group at his daycare (different building) without any of his friends, and he also just started little league as the youngest player on his team (ages 4-7). He's really struggling with the transitions. Just general unease at the changes plus he went from being the competent big kid to the novice munchkin in a whole bunch contexts and his little four year old ego is hurting bigtime.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

in trying to stop my baby from eating sunscreen, we just got hit with the first tearful “pwease pwease PWEASE”. this (the next few years) is gonna suck

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

meanolmrcloud posted:

in trying to stop my baby from eating sunscreen, we just got hit with the first tearful “pwease pwease PWEASE”. this (the next few years) is gonna suck

The Russians used a hat

But seriously sunscreen has a bunch of nasty poo poo in it that gets in our blood and has barely been studied for safety. If you do use sunscreen look into mineral based ones.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

regardless of what you put on your kid the best is any sunscreen you put on, even the crap performing ones on consumers reports. I also have been using hats for my lily white child who burns easily. she has a mask tan now but she doesn’t mind.

Trader Joe’s spray is one of the best but you really don’t want to spray it on kids since they’ll inhale it. if I must ,I apply it like I do deet, spray on hands away from kid and then apply by hand

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sunshirts are great too. lightweight and breathable but keeps the sun off.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

brugroffil posted:

sunshirts are great too. lightweight and breathable but keeps the sun off.

yeah I always try to find the most cover sunshirts

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

i'm fool to do your dirty
oh yeah

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
We do a world take out Friday where the kid spins a globe and we get food from wherever it lands. Today she selected Wisconsin.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Cheese curds and brats??

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
And a frozen custard for dessert.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Our oldest has started watching Blue's Clues, the old ones with Steve, and it's surprising how watchable this is!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
infinitely more enjoyable than many of its contemporaries aye. used to die of boredom in the afternoon as a kid cause we only had one tv and mom ran a daycare out of the house and that’s when little bear was on nick jr at nap time :argh:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My two year old was so excited to wear socks with sandals today, he made up a song about it. Is there a repair service for defective children?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

ikanreed posted:

My two year old was so excited to wear socks with sandals today, he made up a song about it. Is there a repair service for defective children?

start doing it too there's a 50/50 chance this will make it substantially less cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Inconsolable teething baby, night 2 of no sleep. Forgot exactly how it went with kid one because I think our brains block that experience out in some kind of harm reduction strategy.