Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hazo posted:

Felicia is Kinga Forrester, the villain with the skeleton chopsticks in her hair.

Emily is the host in the purple jumpsuit. The Crow with her is performed by Kelsey Ann Brady.

then why did people think i meant Emily when i was talking about Crow??

Emily is fantastic. Crow is the part i can't take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh duh i see now :v:

i didn't mean to type Felicia in the original post. she's still great of course, but i was talking about the riff team and i had no idea what anyone's name was on that team. hence why i said F-Servo

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

precision posted:

Emily is fantastic. Crow is the part i can't take

Uhhh...get over it? Kelsey isn't going away.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Edward Mass posted:

Munchie will be a Jonah experiment.
You know I saw that and I was surprised to find myself a little disappointed.

I like Jonah's team and all but apparently I like Emily and her bots a little more.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Murdstone posted:

You know I saw that and I was surprised to find myself a little disappointed.

I like Jonah's team and all but apparently I like Emily and her bots a little more.

More Jonah now means more Emily later. :neckbeard:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ashpanash posted:

Uhhh...get over it? Kelsey isn't going away.

there's no need to be rude, she's not your girlfriend. i'm allowed to have an opinion. i mean, maybe i am. who knows! haha

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

precision posted:

there's no need to be rude, she's not your girlfriend. i'm allowed to have an opinion. i mean, maybe i am. who knows! haha

Someone's opinion can be 'this opinion is bad'. You're allowed to have an opinion, and so are they.

somethingsomething "really just relax", etc

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

precision posted:

I guess I'm sorry that maybe your real life friends won't ever tell you 'it sucks that you feel that way, but what you're complaining about won't change, so you probably should just get over it' but here I am, some doofus on a dying message board, telling you, hey friend, it sucks that you feel that way, but what you're complaining about won't change, so you probably should just get over it.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Mother Crabber

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Threaten me? You must be delirious.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

ashpanash posted:

I guess I'm sorry that maybe your real life friends won't ever tell you 'it sucks that you feel that way, but what you're complaining about won't change, so you probably should just get over it' but here I am, some doofus on a dying message board, telling you, hey friend, it sucks that you feel that way, but what you're complaining about won't change, so you probably should just get over it.

:rolleyes:

New Crow's voice is pretty drat grating.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pershing posted:

:rolleyes:

New Crow's voice is pretty drat grating.

:ok:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This thread had the same reaction to this Crow voice when the episode aired, myself included (but it wasn’t universal). You are going really hard against precision for some reason.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Just make the banner and get it over with.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Argh, I was mere hours too late to make this joke.

But anyway, wasn’t she the understudy for the crow puppeteer that worked with Emily on the live show but isn’t on the project for mystery reasons? She’s probably struggling with feeling like a second choice and not having as much experience as the other performers. Give her some time to find her voice.

I wasn’t a huge fan of Jonah’s crow when he started either, but now I find myself mimicking his “excited about bendy merch” voice all the time.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

But anyway, wasn’t she the understudy for the crow puppeteer that worked with Emily on the live show but isn’t on the project for mystery reasons? She’s probably struggling with feeling like a second choice and not having as much experience as the other performers. Give her some time to find her voice.

She was the understudy for basically everyone on the last tour, and she did specifically sub in as Crow when Nate was on paternity leave.

And Nate is still credited in Beyond Atlantis as “Crow Puppeteer”. Everyone’s keeping real quiet on what the story is, but it sure seems like she was given the part after everything was already filmed. That can’t be an ideal way to perform.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I didn't think her Crow voice in Beyond Atlantis was ideal but there's nothing anyone can do about it and I'm not going to condemn her out of hand for not pulling a fully-developed characterization out of her pocket during some last-minute overdubbing sessions.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I didn’t like Bill Corbett’s Crow when I first heard him, either. You get over it, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I didn't think her Crow voice in Beyond Atlantis was ideal but there's nothing anyone can do about it and I'm not going to condemn her out of hand for not pulling a fully-developed characterization out of her pocket during some last-minute overdubbing sessions.

I think there's definitely a good Crow voice to be found in there for her, it just needs refinement as any new performance often does. The problem is just when she tried to force her current Crow voice there's zero vocal range to emote with it, so everything comes off a bit flat and any emphasis in dialogue is just "same voice, but louder". Some of her riffs had her using a more natural-sounding voice and the delivery was much better.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It really just needs to be less Milhousey.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

IUG posted:

This thread had the same reaction to this Crow voice when the episode aired, myself included (but it wasn’t universal). You are going really hard against precision for some reason.

Precision’s initial post invited it.

At best, it was a low-effort post: can’t be bothered to look up the names of the new performers for Tom and Crow or even to learn Emily’s name. At worst, it implied that the poster, who presumably knows Joel, Mike, and Jonah’s names, doesn’t care enough about women to distinguish between Emily and Felicia, opts to label the new Tom and Crow as “F-Tom and F-Crow” because they’re the versions working with the new girl and who cares about women’s names, and then criticizes the woman doing the voice for the new Crow exclusively.

Given Precision’s subsequent posts, that now reads like “Felicia-Tom and Felicia-Crow only too much effort to type that out” and not “Female-Tom/Female-Crow” because why bother with women’s names, amIright?

Personally, I think Emily as new host is head and shoulders above the others at premier, partly because she had the chance to do the job repeatedly on the road before filming her first actual episode, and partly because she has great timing and is very funny. She deserves to have people bother to get her name right. As for Crow’s new voice—and it’s Kelsey, folks, takes five seconds to look that up—she had a briefer time as understudy and given that she’s overdubbing and not recording as live, she did a fantastic job of timing in order to sound like she was in the studio live with Emily and Conor. She has to sound “like Crow”, distinct from Emily, and fit her riffs into Nate’s timing in order to overdub. This isn’t going to be her best work yet.

Besides, “Crow as Milhouse” isn’t really much of a stretch to begin with. Kelsey was on point with Crow as the imitative one, so she has range. Let’s see where she goes with her performance.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

ANGRY
ANGRY
ABOUT
CHANGE!

*SOBS*

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the real problem with the new Crow voice is that it's sharply different from the original, down to how the character is written and characterized, but in the end enough about Bill Corbett :smugdog:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Splint Chesthair posted:

I didn’t like Bill Corbett’s Crow when I first heard him, either. You get over it, though.

Yeah. Part of that was because Bill was trying to mimic Trace to an extent. She'll find her groove.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Heck, even in Rocketship X-M, there are parts where it sounds a little like Kevin trying to emulate Josh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Keromaru5 posted:

Heck, even in Rocketship X-M, there are parts where it sounds a little like Kevin trying to emulate Josh.

Kevin's voice didn't settle down for a couple of episodes and it's weird to hear.

I actually liked Bill's attempts to mimic Trace (though honestly it sounded nothing like him) and was kinda sad when it went away.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bill's Crow was unique in its deep well of rage that would bubble up here and there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Bill's Crow was unique in its deep well of rage that would bubble up here and there.

"PLEASE, MIKE. JUST WORK THE LUMPS."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"Let's try... override access."

"YEAH! LET'S TRY THAT! YAY! WHEEE :v:"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

"Ah, yes, my friend: The Squeegee. I love you"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Morter posted:

"Ah, yes, my friend: The Squeegee. I love you"

Sargasm...

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Munchie is available on the Gizmoplex.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Megaweapon!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"Let's try... override access."

"YEAH! LET'S TRY THAT! YAY! WHEEE :v:"

"YEAH...TRY IT EIGHT MORE TIMES. MAYBE IT'LL WORK!"

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
"IT'S PEOPLE SAYING 'KILL THE WITCH!' DO YOU HAVE NO DEDUCTIVE CAPACITY AT ALL?"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Also 'Go Packers' but mostly "KILL THE WITCH!' "

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"And cut his throat in a church!"

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

This is where the fish lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Alright already lady, you've hypnotized the hell out of him!