Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

syzpid posted:

Underworld's good now?

Animosity always showed up at the absolute worst times whenever I played them.

they were always fine. now their mutation access is more useful, they have a main scoring threat, and being able to go over the player cap rules. nerfing most of their snotling shenanigans should bring them down some but i expect them to remain pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Am I understanding right that a box of gene stealers is two dudes short of two fire teams?

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Underworld also benefitted from Hakflem prior to his cost increase, especially in exhibition/tournament play.

Renegades are great fun. I’m a couple of casualties away from a 2nd chosen Secondary on my Minotaur, and so I’m debating between Tackle, Dodge, or something ridiculous and dumb (Jump Up, Leap, Pro, Kick, Shadowing, Defensive). I know the smart defensive play is Dodge and the smart offense is Tackle, but the possibility of weird, unconventional builds appeal to me, and having a Minotaur that can do something weird like shut down Guard pieces might be good.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Genghis Cohen posted:

Nomads seem to have their best strengths in medium-long range firepower, with some decent melee options as a counterpoint. It's really hard to tell as their only rules at the moment are essentially quick start rules. They will almost certainly receive expanded options on a similar level to more established clan house gangs.

Enforcers are a gang with mediocre stats, especially on their champions, so aren't too strong, but have excellent shooting focussed skills. Their fighters are separated into Palanites, who can select a good variety of effective ranged weapons, and Subjugators, who can be more heavily armoured and have a mix of (slightly less awesome) ranged and melee weapon options.

I've done an updated enforcers guide for Goonhammer, might not get published for a few weeks, if you have PMs I can send you the draft?

Thanks. Enforcers do sound kinda bland from this. Probably time to put on my mask and my shaman hat then

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Cease to Hope posted:

they were always fine. now their mutation access is more useful, they have a main scoring threat, and being able to go over the player cap rules. nerfing most of their snotling shenanigans should bring them down some but i expect them to remain pretty good.

Seems like a hamfisted way to fix UW vs. some roster adjustments.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The changes to Underworld are so indicative of GW's approach to handling BB. They added the gutter runner for no reason other than there is one on the half sprue from the Skaven team. Underworld didn't need it, and giving it to them blurred the distinction between the teams even more.

The Snotlings being added in BB20 just smacks of change for it's own sake without thinking of the consequences. Allowing a team that isn't as terrible as actual Snotlings to go over the player cap is a monumentally bad decision. Underworld already had disposable fouling pieces in the goblins, giving them even more as well as the increased pitch control of all the extra tackle zones tips the scale way too far.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Len posted:

Am I understanding right that a box of gene stealers is two dudes short of two fire teams?

Correct. I think a tyranid kill team is 2 boxes minimum no matter how you slice it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ristolaz posted:

Correct. I think a tyranid kill team is 2 boxes minimum no matter how you slice it

Yeah it's two units of either warriors, genestealers, and a swarm of gaunts.

Since I'll just be playing with friends I'll probably just proxy in two dudes if I want to run double genestealers. But I'm thinking about doing something dumb and buying warriors and genestealers at the shop where all gw is 30% off

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Len posted:

Yeah it's two units of either warriors, genestealers, and a swarm of gaunts.

Since I'll just be playing with friends I'll probably just proxy in two dudes if I want to run double genestealers. But I'm thinking about doing something dumb and buying warriors and genestealers at the shop where all gw is 30% off

I dont see whats dumb about that, seems like a good choice for kill team

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ristolaz posted:

I dont see whats dumb about that, seems like a good choice for kill team

It's just a bunch to drop on a game that is probably only going to be played a couple times. But worst case I get to assemble some space dudes.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

Squibsy posted:

The changes to Underworld are so indicative of GW's approach to handling BB. They added the gutter runner for no reason other than there is one on the half sprue from the Skaven team. Underworld didn't need it, and giving it to them blurred the distinction between the teams even more.

The Snotlings being added in BB20 just smacks of change for it's own sake without thinking of the consequences. Allowing a team that isn't as terrible as actual Snotlings to go over the player cap is a monumentally bad decision. Underworld already had disposable fouling pieces in the goblins, giving them even more as well as the increased pitch control of all the extra tackle zones tips the scale way too far.

And of course the correction is to nerf a cool and good skill like TTM rather than address the poor and bad rules they introduced. Classic GW.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Friends and I are planning on splitting a box of Necromunda. We wanted the ash waste box, which has terrain, 2 armies, and rules/etc. I’m a bit confused on what is included with the rules and terrain and therefore how to price it, but what would be a fair breakdown of the $300* box if you were to split it into terrain, army+cards, army+cards, rules/templates dice?

*it’s available for $250 at certain online retailers but wanted the $300 breakdown for simplicity’s sake

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Chill la Chill posted:

Friends and I are planning on splitting a box of Necromunda. We wanted the ash waste box, which has terrain, 2 armies, and rules/etc. I’m a bit confused on what is included with the rules and terrain and therefore how to price it, but what would be a fair breakdown of the $300* box if you were to split it into terrain, army+cards, army+cards, rules/templates dice?

*it’s available for $250 at certain online retailers but wanted the $300 breakdown for simplicity’s sake

Split the cost 50/50 you each get one faction and co-own the remainder.

If one of you gives up on the game the other buys the co-owned components for 25% of the original purchase price of the box.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Speaking of splitting minis, I got the First Strike set for original kill team and they frustratingly no longer comprise valid fire teams; it's three each of Primaris ... uh bolt rifle dudes and three with the Phobos armor and close combat weapons. Then there's three death guard (which works fine) and six plague walkers (which is two short).

Worst of all, picking up just the models I need, like two of either Primaris types of a couple more walkers is looking annoyingly expensive on eBay. My FLGS does have ziplock bags of used minis but the prices aren't great and It's more like whole squads. I plan to hit up the new Warhammer friends I have and see what they would be willing to sell or trade; ideally I'd just get rid of three of the Primaris in exchange for enough to make valid kill team of Space Marines and Death Guard, plus or minus a little cash.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Bought all the new Necromunda terrain on preorder to make a board, went to grab a couple of sector mechanicus kits to add in as they’re compatible, and they’ve just vanished from the GW site completely :sigh:

I’ll nip around to a few flgs but I thought it was odd. Are they sunsetted by GW now?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Yeast posted:

Bought all the new Necromunda terrain on preorder to make a board, went to grab a couple of sector mechanicus kits to add in as they’re compatible, and they’ve just vanished from the GW site completely :sigh:

I’ll nip around to a few flgs but I thought it was odd. Are they sunsetted by GW now?

Yeah - most terrain sets are limited time offer while stock last. You probably should look through lgs in your area. From my experience some boxes tend to linger

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Man, genestealers were nowhere near as clean as the Veteran Guard. The mold lies were so much more pronounced on those things

Also as it turns out assembling 8 near identical dudes in a row sucked. And I still have the gaunts to assemble and there's 13 in the box

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Indolent Bastard posted:

Split the cost 50/50 you each get one faction and co-own the remainder.

If one of you gives up on the game the other buys the co-owned components for 25% of the original purchase price of the box.

Yeah that’s a good way to deal with that situation. The problem was it was a 4 way split in the way I mentioned, and apparently the terrain made up most of that cost. Given the exclusivity of the terrain and some more asking around, we settled on $120 for the terrain, $55 each for squad+cards, and $40 for the rules/etc.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Len posted:

Man, genestealers were nowhere near as clean as the Veteran Guard. The mold lies were so much more pronounced on those things

Also as it turns out assembling 8 near identical dudes in a row sucked. And I still have the gaunts to assemble and there's 13 in the box

Genestealers really need a new sprue. I don't know if I've ever seen one that doesn't have mold slip on it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Imperial Knights in Kill Team when, GW

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Froghammer posted:

10 armigers. the titanicus ones on 25mm bases. lets go

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Froghammer posted:

this is why they need to bring back robots

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Let me have 1 kitted out Wardog and have that be my only model

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Kill team raid boss edition

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Froghammer posted:

Could just be dudes on foot like Sir Hekhtur and some Sacresants, with off-board artillery effects.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Froghammer posted:

Let me have 1 kitted out Wardog and have that be my only model

Seriously, this.

Also bring back the Solitaire, Sly Marbo, and Lictor as one-figure Kill Teams you cowards.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
a Kill Team that is just a Warlord Titan's foot

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Moola posted:

a Kill Team that is just a Warlord Titan's foot

How about a Warlord Titan's hand?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jack B Nimble posted:

Speaking of splitting minis, I got the First Strike set for original kill team and they frustratingly no longer comprise valid fire teams; it's three each of Primaris ... uh bolt rifle dudes and three with the Phobos armor and close combat weapons. Then there's three death guard (which works fine) and six plague walkers (which is two short).

You've got a couple of other options.

First off, you get to use 6 marines, https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#kill-team

You still don't have enough of one type, but if you're playing with friends they should let you use the "wrong" models to proxy for the right ones for your team. It's also kinda bullshit that you can't mix and match marines in the teams where you get the same number of troopers, so a friendly group might let you do that. Ask and ye may receive.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I’ve got 3/4 Punga Bloodbowl teams with all the accessories I’m looking to sell off at a good price. Pirats, Tomb Kings, and a combo Necro/Shambling under team. PM me if you’re interested.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Floppychop posted:

How about a Warlord Titan's hand?

This is so good

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Is there a reason you're limited to up to 7 models per infantry base in Epic 40k? I would really like to use the model below for my hormagaunts but it's technically against the rules.

I know my buddy doesn't care but what about people in general? Does it have any impact at all on the way the game is played?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

a7m2 posted:

I know my buddy doesn't care but what about people in general? Does it have any impact at all on the way the game is played?

It 100% does not matter. Infantry units in all of the popular fan-made versions of Epic are one squad per base, and aren't counting heads. The smallest functional unit in all of them is "one squad(ron)" or "one vehicle".

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Print it at 120% and use it as two stands, problem solved.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I like the swarm look so I prefer to just keep it as such.

Cease to Hope posted:

It 100% does not matter. Infantry units in all of the popular fan-made versions of Epic are one squad per base, and aren't counting heads. The smallest functional unit in all of them is "one squad(ron)" or "one vehicle".

Thanks. Do you think anyone would give a poo poo? I guess I wouldn't want to play with anyone who does anyway

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

a7m2 posted:

Thanks. Do you think anyone would give a poo poo? I guess I wouldn't want to play with anyone who does anyway

I don't think anyone's going to count. Most of the internecine arguing about bases is about the correct size and shape.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

a7m2 posted:

Is there a reason you're limited to up to 7 models per infantry base in Epic 40k? I would really like to use the model below for my hormagaunts but it's technically against the rules.

Several years ago, Tyranids were so rare that people were putting one on the base just to denote the type of unit. Epic players are just happy to have a living opponent to really care as long as the base size is legal.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

a7m2 posted:

Yes, I have a care. There are not enough hormagaunts on that base. That's not a living tide of claws and teeth, that's a living river, maybe a living delta of claws and teeth if I'm feeling generous.

But seriously, considering the scale that Epic is played at, I think you'll be fine. If anyone does bitch about there being more hormagaunts, just say that you needed more to make a proper tide of claws and teeth.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*me pulling out my extremely tiny tape measure to check your epic bases sizes*

I'm sorry sir these bases are 2mm too big and as such this game is ILLEGAL. I will be calling the tabletop police immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Edit: this isn't the 30k thread at all!

Thanks for the advice about the kill teams, if Primaris are actually three I may well either ask to run them as split fire teams or just proxy.

Edit: my frustrations abound because I know realize the (black reach?) Tactical Squad I purchased years ago isn't actually "perfect for kill team" because plasma cannons aren't legal. Of course this is fine among friends but I think my tournament legal teams has dwindled five or six to one, whoops.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 31, 2022