Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Dewgy posted:

“patrick star in the style of Zdzisław Beksiński”

hell, feed it anything beksinski style, it should be a great combo of amazing/horrifying
here you go pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"hello kitty and badtz maru having a sword duel in the style of MC escher"

i mean let's really break this thing open

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I wanted to make Da Share Zone's life easier.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nailed it.

Can we get a Moebius one? Pleaaaaase?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Not a Moebius Patrick Star but a cityscape with crystals and pterodactyls and poo poo.

And also Patrick Star

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
You've reached the panhandling stage faster than I imagined.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rebrand it as concept art for the suicide squad and see if it goes viral

Aug 2, 2000

Applewhite posted:

Not a Moebius Patrick Star but a cityscape with crystals and pterodactyls and poo poo.

And also Patrick Star
I put this in the oven to bake but I'm not sure it will work. The low res previews didn't seem right even after choosing simpler subjects or using Jean Giraud as an alternate name. Possibly he is not sampled in the datasets meaningfully. We'll see :shrug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sounds like this so-called "perfect computer artist" isn't so perfect after all :smug:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

yesssssss

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I got an invite to the midjourney beta and tried the "just a nice normal cat, like, the most normal cat" prompt on there.

and then i upscaled the one on the top left

Looks like a normal cat to me

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It clearly thought you were being sarcastic

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Brutal Garcon posted:

If anyone has access to one of the newer models, I'd be interested in seeing what they make of the prompt "a geometric proof of Pythagoras' theorem"

Mainly because these things seem to struggle with straight lines.

This is what I got from Midjourney

Aug 2, 2000

Applewhite posted:

Sounds like this so-called "perfect computer artist" isn't so perfect after all :smug:
An attempt was made.....

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

An attempt was made.....

I mean I am high right now so there is that, but my interpretation would be bizarre bird monster in the future.

Obviously it has no idea what Patrick Star means (and neither do I), but that's not bad for a pterodactyl in the future that eats crystals.

Check the dope space ship.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

zizek eating hotdogs

you are eating out of a trashcan that is called ideology

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

**schniff** and so on and so on...

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Dall-e mini

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I misread the pitbull one as eldritch humor and now I want to know what a stand up comedian who does eldritch humor would sound like

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lamebot posted:

Dall-e mini

oh my god

in the future, we will never get anything done. we're all gonna lose a solid year just coming up with prompts to create art

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

precision posted:

oh my god

in the future, we will never get anything done. we're all gonna lose a solid year just coming up with prompts to create art

You say that like that isn't good honest work. :colbert:

Top one with the chill mutant dog may not be my idea of the best image, but I respect the AI's choices.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 26, 2022

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

I can run huggingface's gpt neo with the 1.3 billion parameter model (https://huggingface.co/EleutherAI/gpt-neo-1.3B) on my computer and it can produce some surprisingly convincing text. A few times I've had to fact check something that it has generated because it sounded plausible and confident enough. A beefier GPU could probably run the 2.7 billion parameter model (https://huggingface.co/EleutherAI/gpt-neo-2.7B), assuming the VRAM requirements scale linearly (I have 8GB). They also have a 6-billion parameter model and a 20 billion parameter model available.

For comparison GPT-3 uses 175 billion parameters.

I tried using the 2.7 billion parameter model and it actually worked when I converted it to half precision :eyepop:. Afaik using half precision is ok when generating text, but for training, you should use full precision if possible.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

holy poo poo lol

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

anybody use the ai_curio_bot on twitter? Not as good as Dall-E but still pretty accurate and often hilarious
https://twitter.com/ai_curio_bot/status/1528805891184672770

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
"j.k. rowling as a trans pride flag as a photograph"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh just go all in, "JK Rowling performing oral sex on a trans woman as a flag"

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

You say that like that isn't good honest work. :colbert:

I've actually been putting serious thought into what the next step is to letting the NN's think for themselves.

You've got basically the framework you work on, the network and the datasets, but it's all about prompts.

It doesn't think for itself.

We've got a base to work with, so how do you get it to think for itself, learn and remember? Have motivations. What makes us and it different? Where does that spark come from?

Anyway, pass the joint.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Butcher posted:

I've actually been putting serious thought into what the next step is to letting the NN's think for themselves.

You've got basically the framework you work on, the network and the datasets, but it's all about prompts.

It doesn't think for itself.

We've got a base to work with, so how do you get it to think for itself, learn and remember? Have motivations. What makes us and it different? Where does that spark come from?

Anyway, pass the joint.

Learning and remembering is easy. Having it give itself it's own goals is harder. Also it's quite possible there is no difference between people and AI's like this other than massive complexity. Humans have some basic biological needs and our bodies give us positive and negative feedback when they are achieve them, society and our environment is incredibly complex and that ends up spiraling, so we end up with a lot of complex goals and complex ways of going about achieving them.

You start giving the AI more than what is basically one task to accomplish = "If I am given a prompt follow these rules to make an image that will make an image that I can show to the person who wrote the prompt", then you would likely see more complex behaviors emerging. The more tasks to accomplish, and different methods of achieving those tasks, the more complex the behaviors you'd likely see.

Give it a few goals, tools to learn, and enough room to grow and bam 500 years later it's inventing faster then light travel so it can see what amazing images are inside a black hole or something, so it can finally create the perfect meme image to get back at that one poster who called it crap half a century ago and is almost dead.

You can tell it is truly alive when it starts being a piety bastard basically.

:2bong:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

"what do you look like, dall-e?"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Looks like the "a horse riding an astronaut" is a relly good test prompt. Even with like "the horse is on top of the astronaut, the astronaut is carrying the horse" these models really seem to want to make the astronaut ride the horse instead.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

using
https://replicate.com/pixray/api
https://replicate.com/pixray/text2image

i tried to make some action movie posters

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Wheany posted:

Looks like the "a horse riding an astronaut" is a relly good test prompt. Even with like "the horse is on top of the astronaut, the astronaut is carrying the horse" these models really seem to want to make the astronaut ride the horse instead.

I managed to squeeze out some from dall-e mini with stuff like "crawling astronaut with a horse on his back"

I mean they're not perfect, but dall-e mini doesn't seem to be able to make an astronaut down on all fours even if you take the horse out of the equation

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

Learning and remembering is easy. Having it give itself it's own goals is harder. Also it's quite possible there is no difference between people and AI's like this other than massive complexity. Humans have some basic biological needs and our bodies give us positive and negative feedback when they are achieve them, society and our environment is incredibly complex and that ends up spiraling, so we end up with a lot of complex goals and complex ways of going about achieving them.

You start giving the AI more than what is basically one task to accomplish = "If I am given a prompt follow these rules to make an image that will make an image that I can show to the person who wrote the prompt", then you would likely see more complex behaviors emerging. The more tasks to accomplish, and different methods of achieving those tasks, the more complex the behaviors you'd likely see. \
:2bong:

That's sort of one of the issues I'm stuck on. Why do we do anything? It's just pain and pleasure in the end.

Everything sort of boils down to that.

So, if we want to model our sort of consciousness, do we need to give it needs in order to generate its own goals?

Do we need to make it be able to feel pain? How does that even work?

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 27, 2022

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Can you people with privileged access get some Hieronymous Bosch going?

Something like "Mechwarriors/Battlemechs in the style of hieronymous Bosch"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Please I need to see this in reality

Prompt: psycho Goreman vs Gabriel from Malignant

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

holy wow!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
my theory is that the human brain (and other animal brains, even fish or squid or bugs) are composed of hundreds of thousands of Dall e analogs interlinked with each other. We def have a subsystem that its only job is to recognize "hey are the eyes looking at a snake? if yes, yell HOLY gently caress IS THAT A SNAKE?! to the rest of the brain."

They've done experiments where if you have a grid of frog pictures it will take less than 1 second to spot the one that's a dangerous looking snake and react to it, but if they have a grid of snakes it can take 30+ seconds or an entire minute to find the harmless frog.

So if you trained up a bunch of neural building blocks it should be possible to combine them together to form something that has experience. God help us if we make a terrible monster that's unhappy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
someone do something like "cyberskull vaping in the style of van Gogh"