Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Nephthys posted:

Finally we've found AfO's true weakness: Sassy teenagers.

He's doomed. How can he taunt these two when he probably barely knows who they are?

Really telling that he went from taunting Endeavor about his family drama to "uhh, I read comics!" when the kids showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nephthys posted:

He's doomed. How can he taunt these two when he probably barely knows who they are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfBhIM5tb4

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Please let Jirou do something cool and not just get pasted, please let Jirou do something cool and not just get pasted....

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

What are these side characters doing here, other than to show how powerful the main antagonist is?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

What are these side characters doing here, other than to show how powerful the main antagonist is?

It is entirely possible the AFO's 'defeat' comes at the hands of people he considered unimportant considering we have a backup. It would be fitting for him to g st wrecked by people he dismisses.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Really telling that he went from taunting Endeavor about his family drama to "uhh, I read comics!" when the kids showed up.

"You were foolish to come here uh, Earphone Girl and um *looks at hand* Todoroki? That can't be right..."

ImpAtom posted:

It is entirely possible the AFO's 'defeat' comes at the hands of people he considered unimportant considering we have a backup. It would be fitting for him to g st wrecked by people he dismisses.

Yeah it would be very ironic if he lost because he just didn't think to pack a quirk that let him block, say, sonic attacks from damaging his mask. Or someone random from Class B like Mushroom Girl.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 27, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if Tokoyami delivers the knockout blow on AfO then I will never speak ill of this comic again

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
AFO loses because shinso shows up and talks to him, AFO replies and gets mind controller because he literally doesn't even know who this rando kid is.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Nephthys posted:

"You were foolish to come here uh, Earphone Girl and um *looks at hand* Todoroki? That can't be right..."

Yeah it would be very ironic if he lost because he just didn't think to pack a quirk that let him block, say, sonic attacks from damaging his mask. Or someone random from Class B like Mushroom Girl.

But is that REALLY a victory? It wouldn't feel like one.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nephthys posted:

AfO: I would have gotten away with it to if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Today is the final Vigilantes chapter, right?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

viz says in two ish hours from now

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Indeed it is, yes

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Oxxidation posted:

if Tokoyami delivers the knockout blow on AfO then I will never speak ill of this comic again

But we already had that happen with Re-Destro.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oddly relieved in this chapter to see AFO specifically call out "huh, side characters attacking the final boss? Probably gonna get pasted!" which probably means that they're not going to get pasted.

Probably.

Though this has to be an exceptionally rough matchup for Tokoyami, considering his powers rely on darkness and it's the middle of a clear-sky day with Endeavour right there throwing around huge fireballs. Not to mention AFO definitely has, like, a flashlight quirk or something (though that'd be another funny oversight).

Thematically though, yeah, it would be the best payoff for the final battle to not hinge specifically on an AFO/OFA headbutt contest. Sort of like how the sport tournament shook out, where Deku didn't even have to place in the top three to have an interesting effect on the outcome. The urge to have the biggest possible punches and explosions at the climax of a superhero story is probably irresistible though, so this kind of feels more like those Dragon Ball stories where the B-team has to stall for time against the big bad guy for as long as possible until Goku shows up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just wondering if we're going to see something goofy like Tokoyami turning his back to a giant endeavor flame and commenting that it just casts a bigger shadow for him to work with.

I dont expect this to happen, but the thought got a chuckle out of me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dolash posted:

Oddly relieved in this chapter to see AFO specifically call out "huh, side characters attacking the final boss? Probably gonna get pasted!" which probably means that they're not going to get pasted.

Probably.

Though this has to be an exceptionally rough matchup for Tokoyami, considering his powers rely on darkness and it's the middle of a clear-sky day with Endeavour right there throwing around huge fireballs. Not to mention AFO definitely has, like, a flashlight quirk or something (though that'd be another funny oversight).

Thematically though, yeah, it would be the best payoff for the final battle to not hinge specifically on an AFO/OFA headbutt contest. Sort of like how the sport tournament shook out, where Deku didn't even have to place in the top three to have an interesting effect on the outcome. The urge to have the biggest possible punches and explosions at the climax of a superhero story is probably irresistible though, so this kind of feels more like those Dragon Ball stories where the B-team has to stall for time against the big bad guy for as long as possible until Goku shows up.

Remember All for One is not the big threat Shigaraki partially possessed by him is. Deku is not even coming to the All for One fight.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Nephthys posted:

This would be especially ironic because Shigaraki already 'died' once to Present Mic's sonic attack. AFO and Shigs both taken out by someone doin' a real big noise. Sound-based hero supremacy!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Nobody's talking about how All for One's flipping Endeavor the bird

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

MonsterEnvy posted:

Remember All for One is not the big threat Shigaraki partially possessed by him is. Deku is not even coming to the All for One fight.

Oh right!

Man, that's a lot of boss fights going on!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

But we already had that happen with Re-Destro.

It's funny because if it does happen here both times it's against the second tier antagonists the comic has gone out of its way to show aren't the real threats.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-126/chapter/24687?action=read

here we go!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Well, that was...accurate to how heroes get treated in western comics, I guess?

At least it's a "they're all doing fine (in their own way)" kind of ending, which fits Vigs' "low" stakes

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That ending left me with a big ol smile.

Still hoping Koichi makes a cameo in the main series before this is all over though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m really going to miss this series honestly, Vigilantes anime one day please (or at the very least let Koichi or someone pop up in MHA proper before the end)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vigilantes good

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Destroy capitalism, Skycrawler!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
A pretty good evening but lol at the idea of koichi being sued by everyone

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mulva posted:

Destroy capitalism, Skycrawler!

The most realistic part of this chapter was that comment getting him a lot of negative feedback on the media but causing all of the nearby townspeople to immediately gravitate towards him. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am glad Vigilanties stuck the landing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I kinda wish Koichi and Pop had gotten a more concrete resolution but oh well.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'll probably need a few days to process how I feel about Vigilantes as a whole, but I liked that ending.

Still, I got to laugh at how the author didn't know what to do with Pop until the very end. Her part was just "uh, she moved to a new city and lived, I guess?" Also, stop being a vigilante and go back home to your daughter, Knuckleduster!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Good ending

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

(or at the very least let Koichi or someone pop up in MHA proper before the end)

I would like some kind of little cameo or something to let me know how all these characters I like are doing in post-apocalyptic Japan. Please tell me the cat cafe is still standing!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Skycrawler, Skycrawler
Does whatever, he's not sure
Is he bland? You'd be right
Slides and glides to win a fight

I really like how Koichi is forever going to be a man of the people. I wish it would have shown him being confident as a hero, at least a little bit.

Was that girl hanging out with Soga KD's daughter?

I have to say that Skyfall is a terrible name for an airline.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kind of disappointed that Koichi and Pop never wound up together but not a bad finale regardless

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Larryb posted:

Kind of disappointed that Koichi and Pop never wound up together but not a bad finale regardless

Really hoping that final chapters/epilogue for MHA has a cut of them together

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the romance stuff just reminds me of how she was subsumed into being a motivating force rather than a character so i'm glad she's very far from Koichi and ideally moving on while just being friends

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
(MHA Chapter)

Man, while I'm down on the manga a lot, I confess I absolutely love All For One's palpable glee when he finally gets to reveal the horrific mind-shatteringly cruel things he set in motion ages ago to deliberately destroy someone. It's so much more entertaining and engaging than the villain just being a big scary invincible super saiyan man who wants to destroy everything, and it's way more unsettling; AfO is such a hosed up sadist that he delights in doing seemingly meaningless and innocuous things specifically to watch them age and blossom into maximum cruelty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

All for One watched Mean Girls once and decided to make sure he was always the meanest girl in the room from that day forward.