Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1530222521915678720

They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the truth. I'm shocked the gunman didn't kill more.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1530223107306291202

https://twitter.com/JustinGlawe/status/1530220006658678785

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
They’re both throwing the on scene commander under the bus AND using the “you people don’t know our policies and training and you’re using hindsight against us.”

It’s gross. Just accept that your people blew it and apologize. gently caress.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1530222521915678720

They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the truth. I'm shocked the gunman didn't kill more.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1530223107306291202

I’m unfortunately watching this live on CNN. The only reason he didn’t kill more is he thought he had killed everyone in the rooms he had access to. They said 27 shell casing were found in the rooms, and another 12 were fired at the police in the hallway. Basically a bullet for ever kid and teacher shot or injured. He also fired over 100 outside at windows of the building, and the initial responding officer drove past him and waited for back up despite everyone knowing that there was an active shooter.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
sweet loving christ they actually did it

they abandoned a room full of kids

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The people I've been arguing with online (because I'm an angry idiot) are actually going with "well he didn't kill the entire school". Need to get my family out of this shithole. Luckily that's actually an option for us.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Cops thought they were all dead and developed the chickenshits because well - the shooter could shoot cops. Never bothered to think they could be wrong, only bothered to think of their own skin.

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1530224642128064519

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Nineteen cops, all developing the chickenshits all at once.

https://twitter.com/IAmAmnaNawaz/status/1530222852208738305

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
gonna go have a panic attack now

jesus they actually admitted it lmao lalololol what in the absolute gently caress

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

jesus they actually admitted it lmao lalololol what in the absolute gently caress

The cops didn't have much of a choice. After demanding back-pats and thin blue line flags at the Abbott presser, the victims started talking to the media and the videos came out of the parents getting detained on the outskirts. At that point, someone had to get underbussed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The whole department should be thrown under an actual bus

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Their excuse for 18 children dying is “just following orders”

Just put the Joker laugh on an endless loop here.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

How many more school shootings until we get a parent shot attempting to save their child?

Edit:

boop the snoot posted:

Their excuse for 18 children dying is “just following orders”

Just put the Joker laugh on an endless loop here.

This is what gets me. For all the posturing and tacticool and wolf protecting sheep bullshit, they never pay up when it matters.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
They'll get raises and more funding for "training".

We don't actually fix problems in this country.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I guess we'll find out if there are any 'good cops' by the number who eat their service pistol in the coming weeks.

It probably won't be enough.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"sporadic" shooting "at the door" huh

https://twitter.com/sewellchan/status/1530225540719845376

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Well isn't that rule #1 that the train at the Police Academe? That the most important thing is that YOU go home at the end of your shift. All the excessive force against kids with cell phones in their hands and whatnot...YOU go home, they don't.

Those cops were going home at the end of their shift. Those kids be damned.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy gently caress who is this guy and can he answer questions any loving worse

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

not caring here posted:

He's doing all of us non cops a service. Let him flounder.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

not caring here posted:

He's in charge.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

does he mean by the cops or by the gunman

at this point I'm not sure it couldn't be the former

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bird food bathtub posted:

They'll get raises and more funding for "training".

We don't actually fix problems in this country.

Guaranteed every cop standing around the parking lot is gonna make darn sure they get the proper OT payments for their work.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I do not believe these police fully fathom the consequences of their inactions. That they truly understand how everyone else in the world with a still functioning soul think they're worth the same as that worthless child murderer or how they will be labeled as his accomplices.

Because they loving are.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If I get a sixer for it, so be it, but a bunch (not referring to all the cops there and not Bortac) of those cops should go home tonight and eat their…well you know.

Someone loving up in such a profound manner, really should accept the first option, or if still living, being a total pariah for the rest of their lives. There should be no other outcome.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I shouldn’t need to say it, you guys should all know, but don’t joke about or advocate suicide in this forum, thank you.

I’m not saying you can’t be angry at the complete failures of the cops, just don’t say they should kill themselves. It’s not that hard.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1530238057454047232?s=20&t=nNMfLUk7Bx8l3HS7tONU1w

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

not caring here posted:

head of Texas DPS, a position he's held since 2009. he's probably going to be a sacrificial lamb here.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Does Abbot have the political instincts to realize he’s losing the plot here or will he double down on these local incompetents?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

davecrazy posted:

Does Abbot have the political instincts to realize he’s losing the plot here or will he double down on these local incompetents?

I’m betting on doubling down, the right is disconnected from actual popular sentiment - they just listen to the loudest minority.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Considering he was the first one to spread disinfo to get ahead of the story, I think what ever is the worst position with be the Abbot position.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
He would be cast out as a heretic for not chanting the holy mantras correctly so he's going to double down and power through it. That's the only acceptable play for the cult.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Abbott is a feckless dipshit but he's also secured the primary so he can give the appearance of caring for a bit to appease what passes for a moderate in Texas while letting Dan Patrick be a complete lunatic

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He’s going to increase police budgets.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wspieler/status/1530196146769080322

(Stolen from the pyf tweet thread)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://twitter.com/xNanoWarriorx/status/1530235823802679298?t=bNn1wVoSVPjLtctu-Kd8vw&s=19

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
right now my local very red local news Facebook comments section is about 50% frothing rage, 25% abject horror and 25% blaming it on wokeness caused cops to be afraid to shoot

i expect this to last another 24-36 hours until we start getting puff pieces about local cops who were just thinking of their own kids and how this is a small town and we werent ready uWu smol bean cops who get 40% of the city's budget and have so many cops, ICE/CBP, DPS and Marshals hanging around harassing people daily that you cant throw a rock without hearing three squeals

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

I shouldn’t need to say it, you guys should all know, but don’t joke about or advocate suicide in this forum, thank you.

I’m not saying you can’t be angry at the complete failures of the cops, just don’t say they should kill themselves. It’s not that hard.

Give me a sixer, because gently caress that.
They forfeit their humanity, and their only worth a drat is use for fertilizer. They aren't human, and therefore not allocated the morals of being as such.

You do the right thing because it's the right thing. End of loving transmission. They purposely let children die because they were loving scared.

No one can tell me it's not that loving simple, because it is.
Don't strap up if you won't ride.

It isn't suicide, it's correcting their moral failings as a human being.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

bulletsponge13 posted:

Give me a sixer, because gently caress that.
They forfeit their humanity, and their only worth a drat is use for fertilizer. They aren't human, and therefore not allocated the morals of being as such.

You do the right thing because it's the right thing. End of loving transmission. They purposely let children die because they were loving scared.

No one can tell me it's not that loving simple, because it is.
Don't strap up if you won't ride.

It isn't suicide, it's correcting their moral failings as a human being.

I don't disagree but at the same time having lost a loved one to suicide and the nature of this subforum as a whole, it has to be clear that saying someone should kill themselves is not ok.

Even if they're more porcine than hominid.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Meanwhile in local news (for me)

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1529979550050013186

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What it we hope for trees to fall on them, like their governor?

I have a strong desire to plant cottonwoods next to police stations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can they please remove the loving absurd cowboy hats