Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - Social Medication

Three-petal pill with a red, blue, and yellow point. - 7
Huge red-gradient pill shaped like veins. - 5
Bloated goop pill of yellow and pink. - 3
Multicolor pill of tropic design. - 12
Crescent yellow-blue pill. - 9

...LOADING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

...well that seems fine and nonthreatening.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Between the purple, the wrong eye being visible, and at least somewhat defined face, I'm pretty sure that's Hunter.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

taiyoko posted:

Between the purple, the wrong eye being visible, and at least somewhat defined face, I'm pretty sure that's Hunter.

Not to mention the lack of enough hair to make japanese ghosts wary of messing with us/enough hair to qualify as a bishonen antagonist.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
One of the theories floating around a while ago is that Burner in our timeline is The Traitor, right? Thundering King kinda confirmed it, assuming Burner didn't decide to take the rep hit for someone else.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

OneWingedDevil posted:

One of the theories floating around a while ago is that Burner in our timeline is The Traitor, right? Thundering King kinda confirmed it, assuming Burner didn't decide to take the rep hit for someone else.

AFAIK in the Home timeline we have the Traitor as a Colonist and Burner as a lord coexisting, so I don't think that's what's happening here. We've also seen the Traitor in the Solar Woods quest and she was quite different from Red.

Bleeder also mentioned seeing the Errant so I believe the Eidolons are always different people. I believe the Eidolons were part of what turned the Lords into what they are right now. We know the Errant and Bleeder were on the Island at the same time so it wouldn't be a huge leap to believe that the Errant was the one who attacked Bleeder and turned him into a vampire in that car, but that's not a certain thing.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Grond posted:

AFAIK in the Home timeline we have the Traitor as a Colonist and Burner as a lord coexisting, so I don't think that's what's happening here. We've also seen the Traitor in the Solar Woods quest and she was quite different from Red.

Bleeder also mentioned seeing the Errant so I believe the Eidolons are always different people. I believe the Eidolons were part of what turned the Lords into what they are right now. We know the Errant and Bleeder were on the Island at the same time so it wouldn't be a huge leap to believe that the Errant was the one who attacked Bleeder and turned him into a vampire in that car, but that's not a certain thing.
We've also seen Bleeder seemingly travel back in time to the start of the whole shitshow, so I'm genuinely not sure if "X and Y are in the same room together so they CAN'T be the same person!" is a valid argument here. Especially after we encountered the Gravedigger.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

GilliamYaeger posted:

We've also seen Bleeder seemingly travel back in time to the start of the whole shitshow, so I'm genuinely not sure if "X and Y are in the same room together so they CAN'T be the same person!" is a valid argument here. Especially after we encountered the Gravedigger.

Yeah, I suppose that doesn't entirely rule it out. I was going to say that what we know about the backstories of Galen and Jezebel would make it seem like they are different people but with all the timeline leaping shenanigans going on they might be the same person from different timelines, who knows at this point.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

There's also the possibility that there are multiple personalities in one body, like uh, our protagonist.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

[Wow. It's a Tropic Pill. Not gamebreaking, but it is rare. When eaten, you gained a timed but long-lasting blessing, randomly from one of the four Megaliths. You can't be sure which one at first, since the effect cycles your @ through the four colors until it slows and stops on one in particular from what it rolled. It'd be great to save for later, but the party requires you to commit to whatever drugs you're offered. The social pressure increases Anxiety, which has to be managed by trying to get doped on something that mitigates it. Things are looking up right now at least; there's nobody in the shower room, the door is locked, the party hasn't even started, and one pill was pushed onto the character to get that safely out of the way. The Tropic Pill won't do a lot with Anxiety, but the Megalith blessing is always a benefit. Having it during a shower would at least give the character a little boost.]

[Poor thing. Hopefully that helps.]

[...]

[Nothing is happening? No color change. Hammering the wait key doesn't work. Trying to move reveals that the character won't respond. But the menu can be opened. Nothing special under statuses. Closing it doesn't change anything Maybe it's-]

(Which Megalith Blesses You?) [1]+[1]+[1] = 3 - HOLY INTERVENTION

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

👀

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

I wonder what a hell intervention on that would look like.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... well then. Wait, 4 Megaliths? So I wonder what a critical success would do when choosing a blessing, and if it gives more than just the megalithic blessings.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Yeah there have always been only 4. Neither Moulder nor Hunter nor Doubler have a Megalith, or at least they don't appear in the Dark End map we got from Smiercia way back at the beginning of the campaign. Hunter has the Old Owl, Doubler has their nests and Moulder... well we don't know what's going on with him at all yet.

So the pill would normally give you a blessing from one out of 4 possible different Megaliths randomly, but then, there was this:

So there seems to be a Final Megalith, and Gandiva is at the top. The 8th Lord.

And I think we might have just gotten the blessing from that one, thanks to that Holy Intervention.

Grond fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 28, 2022

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Given what we seem to know, Moulder might BE the equivalent of the Megalith.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 28, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Grond posted:

Yeah there have always been only 4. Neither Moulder nor Hunter nor Doubler have a Megalith, or at least they don't appear in the Dark End map we got from Smiercia way back at the beginning of the campaign. Hunter has the Old Owl, Doubler has their nests and Moulder... well we don't know what's going on with him at all yet.

Oh right, I forgot that the "Final Megalith" was a glitched screen. Unless the idea is that there's a 5th Megalith that appears after the Lord souls have been eaten, and no one actually got to that point. Either way, I THOUGHT we had seen something that implied that the map was wrong.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Waiting to see what happens at Home... :suspense:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hey! Thanks for waiting. Update coming tonight. I had some complexities to work through, one of which is securing more time off during the weekdays.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

No problem, take your time!!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Exhale.

The ash storm outside creates the platonic of destruction's defecation, warm dark smothering air and light; Burner was surely thinking of you, down in the Nuclear. You crack your raw neck, feeling the floor start to thundersoft with music beginning in the other room. You swallow nervous distaste at the thought of the social to come, but resolve to enjoy the first of the second time inside the showerwish. It's been set to 'ideal', and you've stripped the last of your toil-soiled clothes. You look down at the pill in your hand, staring at its strange shape. It... ... ...yeah. It's in the same shape as your handscar. Is that good? Hopefully. The pill looks damaged though; it's made from four different colored substances fused together into the pillshape, but some kind of water or heat or light damage has distorted its heart, and now there's a resplendent display of over sixteen colors. It goes down easy with sink water, and you sigh praying it'll do something to mend.

One moment spent silence while your bruised fingers caress the cold door glass. Water roars down under the drown of the ventilation sound. Ash slaps the window heavy with muffled roar, and the floor beats on with the steady one-two relentless. It all begins to fill you as you feel your body give; you walk at last into the

Water strikes your skin, and tourmaline races out from where it spills in curling gemgleam back up into the flow, soon turning all wishblue to a shade more like you. You look down and realize your skin is the crystal black filled with tourmaline stars, outpouring from your heart in bellwaves. You marvel while you swipe your hand through the stream to see it spark, then allowing the fullway flow to follow along the contours of your shape. Ideal warmth. The colour is impossible to wash off of you, the waters instead spilling more of it forth to stain the room around you. You can hear your stone blade keening in harmony with the resonance you create. You slow-kneel to lie full flat open on the vast absolving floor, tourmaline shower streams raining down with the eightway mist. Blood is washing away at last, and you lie on your side to watch the shapes of shame they create as they forget themselves in the promise of renewal. One of the bloodflows is shaped like Bleeder... but it's the face of Bleeder who, for one second, almost understood the shape of your ҉ Sign.

You start to cry, but someone is tapping their little nose on the glass. You roll over and look, and the tears escape as your expression remains lovely calm. It's Bella, Bella, Bella. She's a little bunny, bapping her head on the shower glass. You smile at the poor dead old witch and press your wet hand to the gempane, and Bella sniffs and wiggles her ears as she moves about. Of course you remember, Bella, Bella, Bella. One time, you gave her enough gone-sour beer she began to dance and laugh and hop, and she said she said, once once when I was so so young, I was a little little bun! A tiny mote of the Fearshape, brought under Light with wings crystalvast to each point of the dreaming sky. For all her might gracegiven, she was always but the bunny shape, the very Idea of Fear. It's a secret she shared she shared, she shared it because she loved you.

Do you understand that?

Every night, she wakes up for just a second and smothers a howl of horror into her trembling hand. She feels it from somewhere so far down in that Dark. Fear, raw and shapeless black, tearing strips from your back, waiting for your skullegg to crack. She swears she sees a face she hears a voice she swears she SWEARS she feels her heart trying to rip itself in two to escape the End and she prays weeping until sleep steals her memory of the fright, leaving her to peace until the end of the night. But the shadow is there.

The Shadow is here.

All she can do is say, I Love You, with a little bunny pressing head to your hand between a pane of unbreaking glass. You cry and you tell the old witch that you love her too, you loved her and would have given anything all to have asked the boy to help you bring her up for fresh air, and then you'd be there you'd be together when the crash came and you'd have survived you'd have survived you'd have been strong enough to drag them ashore and you wouldn't have been alone no more. The tears come. You can't let it go, but you can let it out. You end it with your face smeared to the loving waterfull floor. Sitting back up is the next natural step; there's fungus in your brain that's trying to speak and Silver that's trying to reflect, but they've both been overwhelmed to stunnation by the vibrations from your tourmaline heart. You smile and ask the parasite how it's doing, and you know there's no answer because it's dancing in your ventricles. It's experiencing something it's not meant to understand and it's trapped in the warming beat of the bells. You stand up, washing yourself down. You want to go be social. You need to do something to mend yourself. You realize you're not thinking in a way that makes sense, but it's okay because you're starting to think in a way that feels right.

ANXIETY: 0% [Anteprelapsarian]

Your neurons are speaking with one another in ideas that are colored a false gold, and they feel right. You don't end the shower, but you do open the door to the stall to step out; your gravity drags the shower-flow with you, waterfall bands in follow. Once you feel confident, you turn on the sink faucets, push open the ash-sieged window, and then gently gravity-direct the water to force itself out into the divine weather. You step out from the waterflow, turning the shower and sink off until the last droplet is seeded out into the divine ash storm, starting its slow change. Satisfied, you close window and slipslide the tile over to a towel. ...hey! You have that other towel from the secondfirst time, still trapped way down inside of your pack. It got crunched and forgotten after the Apple escape. You add yet another magic towel to the pack, which means you have one for travel, and Kwiat can have one for herself! You feel great, redressed into your Kadath reds just like the last first time. This is the different-again, and you stride out with everything immaculate. The bathroom door is closed, staining the dark bedroom with your rosen aura. Just one second.

Inhale.

You step to the other door, feeling the soft the thunder in the carpet floor, and know the music is going to show you what to do next.

What-

What I need to do next.

I'm happening for the third time. I tender the silk of my suit and its warm spicescent, appreciating its soft on my hotwashed skin. I decide to wait and lie down on the bed before I open the door, forcing a moment to prepare and take self care. Every motion hurts, you poor wounded thing. Stretch, crack, pop, warm out all your tired strings. There's something I need to do for the we of me and I and you. I warm up calves and ligaments, begging burdened bones for one last throw. I get up, and we set up with Red's veil hidden and swords put aside with a loopbind, so I can be open and free with anyone I see. Then I go through the door.

OST: A Mind Is Born

No lights but blackbright. Colors gone mad moving across the walls of night. Do you see them? Gravity casting the motion cosmic. Vibrationals making them move. There's a chance I can just go sit quiet with a drink. I could just walk out. I could go back into the bedroom. I could pull someone into the hallway for a chat. But there's music, there's the vibration. Do you see them moving, hair slashsway mindless? There's no shame in that motion, and this is why; that motion is the healing demand of Heaven. That movement is the violence against the desecration of you soul. Movement is vibration, and it purifies the pain out. You move to heal. You move to live. You move to shake the sick out, so it has no stable to hold on you. My worn shoes are already touching to the fourpanel glass stage, each one bursting in time with the music's gift. This is the necessary secret to why the Dance is healing: the grace doesn't matter, the pattern is pointless. In the void traumatic, all motion is valid and same.

I let myself onto the floor and work through to where the Many-Coloured Squire moves, armor undone to let their crown cast its lightshow in time with their motions. I interrupt with an open smile, and know through the reflection in my neurons that they're disarmed and already undone by how they acted towards me earlier. They move in to talk, both of us now hidden under the raging curtain of the arcade colourlights afforded by their Paradisical royalty. They speak with an entirely new voice, flowering kindness. "Hey, Singer! You move! I'm sorry for being an empty pill bottle before. Something isn't right and I took it out on you. I still want to ch-"

This is how you do it. Relax. Keep relaxed. Don't think. Just move. Quiet them up with your arms put out and a smile as you move in with just a little step to the beat; keep your eyes locked on theirs. I admire them; they're arcade, rainbow-holy with all those darkest screenlight memories. So many victories and possibilities. But you have to keep the eyes locked as you move in, and then watch as they open their hands to accept you. Keep smiling because they're slack-jaw and then you have to just try your best and-

(Dance.) [2]+[2]+[1] = 5

They're entranced. Hands locked. Nothing amazing. Just motion. Eyes caught.

I ask them if I'm actually welcome in Paradise. If what they told me was real.

90 Cross nods. "Yes. Absolutely. I'll vouch. I will. You- woah, hold on. You move and you game! Your Venusian eye refraction is still fresh! I'll vouch and vet in name of the Arcade: I recognize you as Many-Coloured. You really are as cool as they say, Singer."

I don't know what that means, but I feel great about it, and I smile and laugh and I do something I struggle with, but genuinely want to do. I reach out and hug the Arcade Royal and say, thank you. I'm happy to be accepted. Now dance with me. So we move.

Dance.
Sweating.
Dance.
Swaying.
Dance.
Singing.
Dance.
Stumbling.
Dance.
Senseless.
Dance.
Thoughtless.
Dance.
Blissed.
Dance.
Relief.

We finally depart when they're taken away by the reachful arms of Pax Pills, and I take you and me to sit on the couch as we. Walk over slow. It's okay.

I rest as the song goes on, and- look, look! See it there? That trail of rotted tired colour? That's all the sick metastasizing inside, torn out by the might of fundamental vibration, of the motion cosmic. That's why it's ok. To move. To dance. That's why I can't fear doing it. There's so many things I need to do to save myself. They all make you so afraid. I promise my patience to teach you their kindness. I promise. I promise, three times. But right now, we have some fruit punch and I'm smiling while I talk with Bloodshop, who is a better mess than before. I bob on the couch to the beat, and lean in to speak with the gentle. It's just small talk before I figure out how to ease some of the bells' ringing when he mentions her. His girlfriend. He's worried and he wants to go see her, to make sure all is well, but he has to stay here to recapture the apartments and track the Congregation. It could take days to find her wandering the beach, which runs the risk of dealing with wolves, ogres, or weird creeps in suits.

I sigh, because I know you're going to be unhappy. Because I'm smiling with the knowbright as I lean in and ask if I can do something to help; can I deliver a message? Look at that. Those tired red eyes of his, confused, then wrought with wonder. Are you really offering to help like this, he's wondering? I am. I still smile, and maybe this is the apology for the nozone incident last time. He looks so relieved; "Will you? For real? I- look all you have to do is bring her a note. Just find her and give her a note I'll write. She isn't too far off from here! It's just she's on a beach that's kind of big and it could take a while to spot her. Are you really okay with going, Singer?" I have to give him that winbright smile. The reassurance. I have to capture these hearts so you can walk to your goal. I have to say yes and that it's easy easy. I'll drop a letter, Bloodshop.

I got your back.

Once the note is in my pocket, I walk across the pools of dark to the buffet table and take the time to make you eat. I know it's hard to keep it down. I know you're starving with a stomach that's so scared it makes every meal a burning pain. Just some fruit punch, a briar fig sandwiche, some candy pebbles, and one savory blossom. The Bayroom Triplets move around me with their tremendous speeds; every motion I take, they anticipate and intercept with the near-psychic degree, allowing me to hold a plate and have it clean-filled with only a thought. I watch through the shadow-motion, everyone breaking from song for a refresh. Pax in shiny red talking with Tuesday in shiny blue. Will they ever figure out the Paradise Frequency? 90 Cross is fiddling with a little lap-arcade box they produced. Bloodshop, languid on the couch as his thoughts pass through ruminations. I quickly finish my food, because I know what's going to happen; the reflection silver is already gleaming my thoughts with it. I stand to look clean casual, noticing the Triplets have all gone rigid with waiting. Someone is coming up the hall. They snap to motion, all three by the door in a heartblink. One opens it formal. The second cleans the floor and creates corridor. The third extends hand to the room to present as Fire Joker walks in, her suit being dusted and smoothed while she ambles. The dryad takes stock of the room and smiles, waving to Bloodshop, accepting a few bottles Pax pushes into her hands, and nodding once over at Tuesday Forecast. Then she lands her eyes on me, the smile gone to weeds. She inclines her top-hatted head, and I nod back while I step over, pointing to under the table.

I did it, Fire Joker. The package is here. You're safe. This belongs to you, and I want you to have it.

"...that... wow. You really did do it, Singer. I, uh, let me take a look."

The Liaison leans down, coat tails shivering from the bass sound, peeking at the package waiting under the buffet table blacklight. She drags it out slowly, eyes wide. "That- I can't believe she actually forgot this here. Singer, this is a huge huge help. You've saved and earned some real currency with this. But I-" she's interrupted by Pax and Bloodshop, who both cry out their support of me in anticipation of whatever rejection Fire Joker might be hiding up her sleeve. I recognize the bells in her, hear how much Bleeder's loss and the Sunburner difficulties have upset her, and I know the best thing I can do is play the fool and walk along with whatever I do or do not get. But the beat of the music holds a promise, and the other Backup want it delivered. Something passes between them, something whose shape I'm not allowed to see, and the pine dryad relaxes her body with the windcreak woodpop. She throws her hands up, takes off her glasses, and smiles so tired that I worry she may simply collapse with passout. But she remains standing, and looks around the place. "Yeah, well. You're real steel. That's daring the Lady if I ever saw it. I said you could have safe here, so I guess this party is to celebrate your new apartment." She gestures around the room, and smiles more sincerely as the other Backup clap bright for Fire Joker's kindness. I blink, and look around. Wait, like, THIS apartment? I get this entire space? The Liaison nods. "The only downside is that you have to let Shattyshot pass out on the couch sometimes. He never remembers his own place and just wanders into any functioning apartment for his naps."

That's FINE. That's security, even, as long as I remember to hide any liquor I come across. Oh wow. This whole apartment, for me! This is what I want for you. I want you to wake up and realize you're trying hard, so hard to do something impossible, and that it doesn't all have to be darkness. It can be this right now- just for now! Just this moment, in the rosen amber. You, proud and capable, earning a place for yourself to live. You'll have a safe point to move from whenever you have to come out here, and that's beyond value. Don't you feel great? Hot shower, full belly, danced and gamed enough to impress Arcade Royalty, fulfilled Paprika's ask, and finally an apartment for yourself. You've done so much. But it's not done yet, because there's a final magic waiting for us. They're all gathered, they're all cheer, and they're all telling me that by some miracle, the divine ash has ended. I smile, and they tell me that it's clear enough to go see the fireworks on the roof! I'm led back to the elevator, where Fire Joker punches in a special code to take the car to the top floor, where we step out into a world anew. There's greenery everywhere. The ash has turned pitch black, glittering rainbow where it catches the moonlight. From the blessed black grows green, green, GREEN, quickened with tourmaline waters to paint the lands surround in something All-Holy. Warming winds sweep the ash into rainbow clouds, carried to spread further life into the ailing lands. The long silence is broken by a sudden crash from out in the open sky. To the far northeast, something colorful crests over the darkened horizon to splash the promises of Paradise all across the Rivergreen.

I stand with the other Backup to watch in wonder as midnight comes. Every night. A celebration and crying promise that one day soon it will once again be real; we all we all, we ALL down in Paradise. But as the fireworks fly on, I step aside to leave the cultists to their praying reverie for their soon-come day. I walk off across the moss-thick roof, to stare out at the great night cast into colorlight, aided by moon and star and the thunder from afar. I see it. I remember the second time, while I exist for my third, and I know that what I see across the trees and hills is the first... and only.

...light so bright it cast a shadow darker than night...

[LOADING...]

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
The red glow that was tainting the river back at the hideout seems to have followed us.

Maybe it was just a safehouse location marker all along...?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Is this text for ants? Or is the location markers being unreadable intentional? (Edit: That's what I get for trying to check it out on mobile, I guess.)

Also this self seems to be, in a way, the opposite of the tyrant -- wanting to create unity and community with others instead of crushing* those who oppose them and using those who don't. ( *Results not guaranteed )

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 4, 2022

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Uhhh

Am I the only one who noticed there's a huge giant loving hole in the middle of the Rivergreen? Was that the aftermath of the Zenith Noon? Holy gently caress

Why did the Windmarch turn red. Has the Rainforest Concordance expanded after Bleeder's death?

And what the heck is that about 16 Megaliths...

I guess MEGA_SO, MEGA_BL, MEGA_OC and MEGA_PA could be the Solar, Bloody, Ocean, and Paradise megaliths.

That thing about existing for the third time... I think this is about the personality that manifested after the Bleeder fight, I think? When we got yeeted into the Salt Lones. So if that was the second time it actually manifested, maybe the first time would be during the Zenith Noon itself?

Grond fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 4, 2022

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Grond posted:

I guess MEGA_SO, MEGA_BL, MEGA_OC and MEGA_PA could be the Solar, Bloody, Ocean, and Paradise megaliths.

MEGA_HE is listed twice, and I’m guessing they stand for Heaven/Hell End/Emperor. If Hell End actually has 8 megaliths, maybe Heaven End has 8 distinctly different megaliths.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Grond posted:

Uhhh

Am I the only one who noticed there's a huge giant loving hole in the middle of the Rivergreen? Was that the aftermath of the Zenith Noon? Holy gently caress

Why did the Windmarch turn red. Has the Rainforest Concordance expanded after Bleeder's death?

That thing about existing for the third time... I think this is about the personality that manifested after the Bleeder fight, I think? When we got yeeted into the Salt Lones. So if that was the second time it actually manifested, maybe the first time would be during the Zenith Noon itself?

It could also be 4 different blessings for each of the 4 Megaliths depending on... something, and we got all 16 at once.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Fortress of...apples? Did...oh...no... that's not good at all. That actually sounds like something we should deal with, it's no good to leave a mess.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Oh god. I hadn’t thought of that. If that sea of red that’s taking over the map is the apples….the only way to stop it would be another disaster like at the auction. Otherwise, we are inevitably going to need to house Duke Sauber’s entourage and the cats of Ulthar.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Also I just remembered Bloodshop's gf is Beach Bae, so we may be seeing Doubler early.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
God this game is kickass.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

FAT BATMAN posted:

Oh god. I hadn’t thought of that. If that sea of red that’s taking over the map is the apples….the only way to stop it would be another disaster like at the auction. Otherwise, we are inevitably going to need to house Duke Sauber’s entourage and the cats of Ulthar.
I don't think that's going to happen, because IIRC I'm pretty sure we saw the sea of red before we got the apples, with Momma Fireswamp and Bleeder.

Re: the Megaliths, what I'm thinking about the options is that it's about the Lords and about their Eidolons. With the Lords+Eidolons+Hell End/Holy End, that would be 16. Maybe.

What's interesting is that IIRC there was a 'Final Megalith' represented previously, which would presumably be Mega_Fi. Which wouldn't be the Hell OR Holy End megalith.

It also seems to be...paired, with the Hell Megalith? Our Holy End megalith is bolded, and at the bottom after the unidenitifed we've got what looks to be the four megaliths we know of-Bloody, Solar, Ocean, Paradise-in a group and then the last two.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Um, BA....

So I'm making progress on the archive, but I've started coming across broken image links. Not sure how I should handle it in my archive, as well as figuring out how to let you know which ones?

So far, I'm only seeing them in these posts:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944412&userid=42645&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post514520994
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944412&userid=42645&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post514556636

I think right now, what I'm going to do is add a sorta-hidden tag like my section breaks -- since gdocs added the "continuous" view mode, it's been perfect for this, even if I'm jury-rigging section breaks/definitions using the headings system by making them "invisible" in the texts, but visible in the outline bar.

H1 are "Chapters"
H2 are major sections within those chapters
H3 is a further subdivision
H4 is for Maps/OST Links

And I can probably use H5 for broken images so I can navigate to those areas quickly.

Already starting to think I need to break the first trip to the Cultpartments into its own "Chapter".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BqsKKyFAbQ1Y25tvOlZUcrHVVLlkFxGWobKVyOW8UT4/edit?usp=sharing

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
What was the deal with "I promise" three times? I know that was part of how a onerunner got through the Bleeder fight with him alive because he broke down crying instead, but I don't remember if hints were dropped on why that worked. The third self repeated that phrase here, so it seems like it holds a significance we're aware of in this state. Does it trigger a shared memory among the lords? Is it related to the Eighth Lord, much like the ҉ Sign and tourmaline are?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

taiyoko posted:

Um, BA....

So I'm making progress on the archive, but I've started coming across broken image links. Not sure how I should handle it in my archive, as well as figuring out how to let you know which ones?

So far, I'm only seeing them in these posts:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944412&userid=42645&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post514520994
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944412&userid=42645&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post514556636

lol, you done did gone get got
the 'broken image' image IS the image :v:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

OneWingedDevil posted:

What was the deal with "I promise" three times? I know that was part of how a onerunner got through the Bleeder fight with him alive because he broke down crying instead, but I don't remember if hints were dropped on why that worked. The third self repeated that phrase here, so it seems like it holds a significance we're aware of in this state. Does it trigger a shared memory among the lords? Is it related to the Eighth Lord, much like the ҉ Sign and tourmaline are?

It seems to have a significance before then, even. At the end of Camp, when we were torn from the 'happy ending', we promise that we meant what we told Blue 3 times

quote:

You beg through the gross of your tears. You take out the skull of Mr. West, and rest it at the bottom of the loudspeaker. Please. Please. The scar was still on your hand. The shroud was still on your shoulders. The photo- it was there there there in your breast pocket! THERE! It was real, right? It wasn't a lie, RIGHT? You know you had been tempted to lie just one little tiny second of [Fingers Crossed] behind your back when you told her that but you really meant it YOU SWEAR YOU MEANT IT LET ME BACK!

You're clawing at the metal. I promise. I promise. I promise. Please let me back. Please believe me. Please.

And that we love Kwiat

quote:

You swallow once, and wave to Kwiat. You promise her, you promise her three times-

I love you.
I love you.
I love you.

There may be more, the Kwiat one I remembered, searched my archive to find the other there. The archive is now only just up to the end of the MC&D containment, with the Tyrant Walking.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

OneWingedDevil posted:

For what it's worth, things being repeated three times is A Thing in old religious texts. It may have something to do with how the repetition helped memorization for texts transmitted orally, that's why old sutras are often so repetitive. The number three is also one of great significance in the bible and in buddhism, for example. Dunno if that's what the story is going for, but yeah.

Grond fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 6, 2022

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Black August posted:

Could you upload it again? Something's gone wrong :downs: :thejoke:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Black August posted:

Lol okay. Did seem strange that none of the rest were broken.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

taiyoko posted:

Lol okay. Did seem strange that none of the rest were broken.

Thank you again for enjoying this enough to transcribe it for others and archive. I’m not sure if Let’s Play is unregistered-visible, but I hope it is for anyone who’d like a quick peek.

I wish multiforum-visible threads were possible, it’d be cool if this could still coexist in Paranormal, and maybe a few other forums at the same time too.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Black August posted:

Thank you again for enjoying this enough to transcribe it for others and archive. I’m not sure if Let’s Play is unregistered-visible, but I hope it is for anyone who’d like a quick peek.

I wish multiforum-visible threads were possible, it’d be cool if this could still coexist in Paranormal, and maybe a few other forums at the same time too.

Yeah, I also hope that my efforts will be useful at the end of the lp, for lparchive linking and for people without forums archives access, whenever that day may come.

Gives me an excuse to re-read things as well. Like I'd forgotten that one of the loading screens had Blue give our character my favorite nickname for them: moonlight. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Black August posted:

I think it should be serialized on the front page. Jeff can cough up some dough for good content.