Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

In heaven the brown kids are white
:hai:
As God intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

William Bear posted:

police in America are generally against even modest gun control laws and many say they wouldn't enforce them. Cops say they hate starting a shift not knowing if they'll be alive at the end of it, but don't want to policymakers to make the obvious step that would make them safer!

The International Association of Chiefs of Police[/url] is in favor of a semiautomatics ban and restrictions on body armor. Maybe it's a rank-and-file cop thing to oppose gun control.

Banning guns makes it harder for them to shoot their wives.

Hunter Biden
Feb 24, 2022
Biden sucks. Yes. Vote in the primaries, vote in state and local elections.

ALSO protest and do whatever else you think is necessary. You think Trump being in charge made things easier for anyone focused on direct action? The solution will not be found in one single action.

I’m not a huge poster so maybe I just don’t have brain rot, but if nothing matters why bother posting about it? You want everyone else to roll around in poo poo with you?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Hunter Biden posted:

ALSO protest and do whatever else you think is necessary. You think Trump being in charge made things easier for anyone focused on direct action? The solution will not be found in one single action.

I’m not a huge poster so maybe I just don’t have brain rot, but if nothing matters why bother posting about it? You want everyone else to roll around in poo poo with you?

you are posting in a forum called General Bullpoo poo

Hunter Biden
Feb 24, 2022
I’m sorry I can’t poo poo post right now. I’m reading news about a school shooter.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
If an honest analysis of American politics is what it takes to convince even that one guy to move his family out from America while he still has the chance I could very well be helping to save the life of his kid by doing so. Even moving to Canada means that there's almost zero chance that his kid dies in a school shooting.

Also if anyone posting in GBS has better things to do then they shouldn't be posting here, they should be doing those things. I'm off work for two weeks every month so I got nothin better to do lol

tired gay and dead fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 27, 2022

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

A Fancy Hat posted:

I've seen conservatives on Twitter calling this little girl a hero.

That's their takeaway. Not that this is one of the most horrific things imaginable and it happened to an 11 year old girl. But that the girl is a hero for doing this. So if you rightfully say "No, this whole thing is hosed up, nothing like this should ever happen." they can say "Oh, so you think this little girl isn't a hero? So much for the tolerant left."

Reminder these same people thought masks were psychologically damaging to kids

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Hunter Biden posted:

Buddy I'm sure most of the poster complaining do (I certainly do) and were still being held hostage by 50 loving old white men. 90% of the country wants background checks on guns and we can't even get that so gently caress off with the worthless "go vote" poo poo. I do and trump still won, cops still get outrageous budgets, face no consequences and these kids are still dead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

In heaven the brown kids are white

"brown kids don't go to heaven, you silly billy, they arnt pure white maga souls.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

My aunt used to be a teacher in Texas. She quit this year. So happy for her because she's no longer involved in such a high risk activity.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Vote

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Mr. Crow posted:

Buddy I'm sure most of the poster complaining do (I certainly do) and were still being held hostage by 50 loving old white men. 90% of the country wants background checks on guns and we can't even get that so gently caress off with the worthless "go vote" poo poo. I do and trump still won, cops still get outrageous budgets, face no consequences and these kids are still dead.

Kyrsten Sinema isn't really that old and definitely not a man.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

They're silent because they're dead you see.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

"The country is bad , so all I can do is post on the internet about how bad my country is, or leave." is an amazingly American mindset imo.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

satanic splash-back posted:

"The country is bad , so all I can do is post on the internet about how bad my country is, or leave." is an amazingly American mindset imo.

This gives the impression that you don't know much about people in the other wealthy nations and vassal states of the current imperial order tbh

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

If you're still on SA in TYOOL 2022 you're probably too lazy to leave anywhere. Or fix it for that matter.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

"I'm an ideas guy"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I'll make the wiki

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The silent age of majority

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If there were any justice the cops that were on scene would resign.

Of course, they will not, the police union would keep them from being fired, and the right would destroy the lives of anyone who stands up to them, including the parents of those dead kids.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I have to loving register as a Republican every election cycle in my state to try to vote for the least horrible one in the primaries. My vote is still usually worthless because all the stupid fucks here vote for insane people. But I’m trying!!!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I posted earlier itt that in a town that small they all know the cops and where they live. Which is an interesting bit of info to have

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

If there were any justice the cops that were on scene would resign.

Of course, they will not, the police union would keep them from being fired, and the right would destroy the lives of anyone who stands up to them, including the parents of those dead kids.

Is decimation against the constitution still?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Let's keep our focus on the really important thing in Texas: How will the ripples from this tragic event affect high school football?

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Animal-Mother posted:

Let's keep our focus on the really important thing in Texas: How will the ripples from this tragic event affect high school football?

Come to think of it, how come there hasn't been a major shooting at a high school football game? You'd think that the typical incel dude would want to focus on the jock demographic, right?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Borscht posted:

If you're still on SA in TYOOL 2022 you're probably too lazy to leave anywhere. Or fix it for that matter.

Believe me, it's apparent.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

tired gay and dead posted:

Come to think of it, how come there hasn't been a major shooting at a high school football game? You'd think that the typical incel dude would want to focus on the jock demographic, right?

too many cops already there? already got an ambulance there. not a soft target? makes more sense to shoot up a practice.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

drat :rip: that poster

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Crow posted:

Private sales currently mandate self reporting for taxes, which isn't really done. I think it's fair to assume those people wont' voluntarily report for background checks either.

I'm all for closing the private sale exception or even banning them entirely, I just don't think it does much. If that is the only change that occurs, it would feel like a big failure to me.

A couple items that would have an impact & might be achievable:

*30-90 day wait period for under 25 gun purchases. America loves to discriminate against it's younger population. There's a shitload of mass shootings where the gun was purchased within a week of the shooting.

*Expand the conceal carry requirement to include assault rifles, high caliber, and all handgun purchases (or all guns). Conceal carry is state level (though most states do share this data already) that requires more extensive background check, often requires basic gun safety training, & registers you with the gov't. This isn't a radical change that's impossible to implement, it's just an expansion of an existing program that allows some variance between states.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
earlier ITT there was a twitter account claiming his nephew died and the governer had people threaten the guy. Or whatever, I know I quoted it at one point.

Anyway, that guy was revealed as a huge scammer. Read this thread if you want to laugh

https://twitter.com/rachelmillman/status/1529954166663151616?s=20&t=k-OoJi3-7viBs8lLGzNFyA

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Regalingualius posted:

I’m bracing for a bombshell on the level of “cops accidentally killed some of the kids themselves”, at this rate.

They've already stated that the cops didn't shoot and kill any children, which says that they did shoot at least one kid but they survived.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:gas:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

ProperCoochie posted:

earlier ITT there was a twitter account claiming his nephew died and the governer had people threaten the guy. Or whatever, I know I quoted it at one point.

Anyway, that guy was revealed as a huge scammer. Read this thread if you want to laugh

https://twitter.com/rachelmillman/status/1529954166663151616?s=20&t=k-OoJi3-7viBs8lLGzNFyA

My favorite part was when he claimed to have gotten a Purple Heart as a hacker in the Army.

Or it might be the time he said if people didn't donate $12k to him, he'd livestream his suicide.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Bandulu
Aug 25, 2008
If you look at that accounting of all the bullets from the tweet or press conference a few pages back, it sure seems like the shooter killed himself

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I wonder if some eventual gun control comes out of this because cops will somehow loop around to the cops being scared that someone with an ar-15 will merc them very easily , as evidenced by the 17 cops in the hallway scared to go in and confront the shooter

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Crazyweasel posted:

I wonder if some eventual gun control comes out of this because cops will somehow loop around to the cops being scared that someone with an ar-15 will merc them very easily , as evidenced by the 17 cops in the hallway scared to go in and confront the shooter

you and i both know the cops' answer to this will be drones

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Crazyweasel posted:

that means admitting they're a bunch of pussies

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

It was 19 or 20 cops listening to an incel moron torture children and destroy their bodies with a rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

FBI is investigating the biggest cowards anyone has ever seen.

https://twitter.com/JoaquinCastrotx/status/1530258933268496386?t=17E0FcxVHTE_12yWsXFt9w&s=19