Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yes I was referencing the 0-4 record. It was a slight against Rodgers. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MJeff posted:

Yes I was referencing the 0-4 record. It was a slight against Rodgers. :v:

:thumbsup:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Rodgers still has more super bowls than the 49ers since he was drafted despite the 49ers having double the appearances :smug:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Pops Mgee posted:

Rodgers still has more super bowls than the 49ers since he was drafted despite the 49ers having double the appearances :smug:

The 49ers making GBS threads the bed gave us the Richard Sherman wrestling promo and I'll always appreciate them for that.

I wish Rodgers wasn't a piece of poo poo 😕

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

idk what this is, here's the correct one: :smith:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
got this from the OSHA thread. the vikes mascot's ride is sadly appropriate

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1527682554207297538?t=EZDaSXf-5rX0bdp6YjDi2g&s=19

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

ghosthorse posted:

got this from the OSHA thread. the vikes mascot's ride is sadly appropriate

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1527682554207297538?t=EZDaSXf-5rX0bdp6YjDi2g&s=19

Good avatar material right there

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Benny rules

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
So I'm late to the party but I guess I'm finally supporting this stupid franchise that is simultaneously highly successful and a neverending burning garbage can. That's right baby I live in Minnesota, go the Quantum Superpositional Vikings I guess!

It's somehow comforting that we're finally in a position where all four of our sports franchises are showing serious promise and hope for a brighter new tomorrow, while also upholding tradition by massively disappointing us! God help us.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wait the Vikings are one of the 4? I’m lost

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a sexual elk posted:

Wait the Vikings are one of the 4? I’m lost

Jefferson being a super good young player and a new hotshot coach + GM counts I think yeah, despite the Kirk Cousins boat anchor

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Jefferson being a super good young player and a new hotshot coach + GM counts I think yeah, despite the Kirk Cousins boat anchor

Yeah, the change in coaching staff is the big one. Different thinking and scheming could probably get a lot more out of the Vikings' deadly weapons.

As for the others, the Timberwolves have actually made noise for the first time in like a decade, the Wild have some hot new young talent that they can almost certainly hold onto through the impending dead cap squeeze they're going to hit, and the Twins are a Functioning Baseball Team, which is more than enough to top the AL Central, and actually seem like they're having fun and getting good chemistry. I was more enthusiastic about all of these things before the T-wolves and Wild got knocked out within a month of each other, but, that's Minnesota Sports.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Redeye Flight posted:

Yeah, the change in coaching staff is the big one. Different thinking and scheming could probably get a lot more out of the Vikings' deadly weapons.

As for the others, the Timberwolves have actually made noise for the first time in like a decade, the Wild have some hot new young talent that they can almost certainly hold onto through the impending dead cap squeeze they're going to hit, and the Twins are a Functioning Baseball Team, which is more than enough to top the AL Central, and actually seem like they're having fun and getting good chemistry. I was more enthusiastic about all of these things before the T-wolves and Wild got knocked out within a month of each other, but, that's Minnesota Sports.

If the Twins can win a single playoff game it will be a successful season

:smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cognac McCarthy posted:

If the Twins can win a single playoff game it will be a successful season

:smith:

Minnesota sports teams are incredible at beating the odds via futility. Before the draft a couple years ago the Timberwolves had literally never moved up in the NBA draft lottery, only held their spot or moved down, which because of how frequently they were part of said lottery had a lower statistical probability than winning the first pick with the worst odds...twice.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

IcePhoenix posted:

Minnesota sports teams are incredible at beating the odds via futility. Before the draft a couple years ago the Timberwolves had literally never moved up in the NBA draft lottery, only held their spot or moved down, which because of how frequently they were part of said lottery had a lower statistical probability than winning the first pick with the worst odds...twice.

The Twins streak is even worse, if you assume they're so bad that they only had a 25% chance of winning each game then the chances of losing 18 in a row are still 0.5%. If you give them more reasonable odds of 40% to win each game, which is still probably far too low, it's an even more absurd 0.01%

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

blackmongoose posted:

The Twins streak is even worse, if you assume they're so bad that they only had a 25% chance of winning each game then the chances of losing 18 in a row are still 0.5%. If you give them more reasonable odds of 40% to win each game, which is still probably far too low, it's an even more absurd 0.01%

That's actually not worse because 0.5% is the odds of moving up to #1 in the lottery from the bottom once

or at least it was before they changed it, which is when said stat was relevant

Still ridiculous though!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope the twins lose 163 playoff games in a row.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

MJeff posted:

That's really mean, I don't wish bad things on Detroit teams! Lions seem like they're going to be really fun to watch this year too, what with your awesome coach and that offense.

(The Tigers, well, all I can do is hope Chris Illitch gets bored and sells the team.)

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
If Kirk and this D can actually get us to 11 wins I'll be content, but I have heavy doubts.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MoaM posted:

If Kirk and this D can actually get us to 11 wins I'll be content, but I have heavy doubts.

I too believe Kirk has "another level" lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

I hope the twins lose 163 playoff games in a row for the next twenty years.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

MJeff posted:

This is one of those posts that guarantees the Twins will start a twenty year dynasty because when have Lions fans gotten what they hope for.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I think a lot of us hoped for Stafford to win a Superbowl :shobon:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Honestly, I love Stafford, but I wanted the Rams to miss the playoffs so the Lions could have a better draft pick from LA.

But thanks to the Minnesota Vikings, the Lions were able to have two top 12 picks in this draft, so everything worked out.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

SirPablo posted:

I too believe Kirk has "another level" lol

It's Waiting for Godot with that dude.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

MoaM posted:

It's Waiting for Godot with that dude.

Hell, have you seen him in the pocket? It's Waiting for the Throw

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Turtle-Kirk is coming

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wish nothing but the best for the Vikings, Timberwolves and Wild.

I demand that the Twins see nothing but horrible suffering for all eternity.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Local jock sniffer who buys time on on Chicago Sports radio for his own vanity shows seems to be elder abusing da coach

https://twitter.com/spadaonsports/status/1530258572495540226

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ditka lookin rough.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Holy poo poo that's the roughest endorsement I've ever seen.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Holy poo poo.

That's presidental.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

KDdidit posted:

Local jock sniffer who buys time on on Chicago Sports radio for his own vanity shows seems to be elder abusing da coach

Is Ditka on his deathbed? They couldn't comb his hair or change his shirt before filming that? He's not able to stand?

I never liked Ditka but that is actually so uncomfortable to watch, what the gently caress.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
"If ya got nothin' better to do, vote for him"

Excellent endorsement. Also, is that a survey prism to his left?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

MJeff posted:

I wish nothing but the best for the Vikings, Timberwolves and Wild.

I demand that the Twins see nothing but horrible suffering for all eternity.

The Tigers mean absolutely nothing to me.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.twincities.com/2022/05/30/former-viking-jeff-gladney-dies-at-25-in-car-crash/

What the gently caress!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Being a first round pick for the Vikings starting to become cursed.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Being a first round pick for the Vikings starting to become cursed.

I was going to say "good thing the Vikings traded out of the first round this year," but nope, Lewis Cine was pick #32.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

surf rock posted:

Is Ditka on his deathbed? They couldn't comb his hair or change his shirt before filming that? He's not able to stand?

I never liked Ditka but that is actually so uncomfortable to watch, what the gently caress.

It was recorded after about 3 bottles of red wine, so it was 10am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Driving at high speed at 2:30 in the morning, clipped another car and lost control. Killed himself and the woman with him.