Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Fetterman you’re not supposed to do that anymore

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Blue wavers are holding shapiro up as a bulwark for and last hope of american democracy

hes gonna lose so hard

Shapiro isn’t some hero of democracy he’s just the embodiment of poo poo libs but to his credit he has so (so far) done a good job of winning elections.

I think the liberal idea of winning elections off the back of identity politics and giving inspiring speeches (like if the west wing were real life) instead of addressing material concerns is godawful…but Shapiro represents the best that it can do. Which I think will be enough to bring him and Fetterman across the finish line…even if only barely.

As governor, Shapiros only job for 4 years will be to prevent whatever abortion ban the GOP has ready to go if it ever should make it to Governor Chud Mastrianos desk

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Stating basic facts seems to incense a lot of people here, I find that odd. I didn't say anything about the high road, or decorum, or liberalism, or any other question of principle. But people seem to be having trouble with it, so I'll break it down:

Fact 1: Come this November, the two candidates (with any chance of winning) on the ballot for Senator from PA will be Fetterman or whoever wins the Republican primary (probably Oz).

Fact 2: At that point you have 3 options regarding the election itself. You can vote for Fetterman, you can vote for Oz, or you can just not vote.

Fact 3: If you do not vote, you will have no effect on the outcome of the election.

That's all I said, if you don't vote then you have no influence. I'm not wrong, but if you think that not voting makes the worker's revolution more likely or something then have fun with that.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

thekeeshman posted:

voting makes the worker's revolution more likely

everyone is saying this, actually

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Didnt read but

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Fact the fourth: your gay

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Fetterman is a Human Shrek because he'll have a donkey riding his coattails to success :haw:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

i like people posting this kinda thing because i vaguely remember when it was commonly posted like 15 years ago and i reminds me that everyone on this forum is old as gently caress and will be dead soon

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Drunkboxer posted:

i like people posting this kinda thing because i vaguely remember when it was commonly posted like 15 years ago and i reminds me that everyone on this forum is old as gently caress and will be dead soon

remember the pillowpants obamarama threads

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Drunkboxer posted:

the fact that we are all old has nothing to do with the fact that we will all be dead soon

e: i registered my first account on this godforsaken poo poo forum in the 7th grade, and i just did the math, and i've been here literally 20 years. oh my loving god i have wasted my life

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

platzapS posted:

it's gonna take canvassing and cash, too. Who's willing to match me with a $100 donation? I can skip weed this month

because Gritty isn't on the ballot

Just spend that money on weed or something that makes you happy instead of giving it to someone you know won't.

Baykin
Feb 11, 2008
me not voting has the same ultimate outcome as you voting either way, except i get the benefit of not actually following along with any this dumb poo poo and spending my time doing things that i can at least enjoy instead

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Baykin posted:

me not voting has the same ultimate outcome as you voting either way, except i get the benefit of not actually following along with any this dumb poo poo and spending my time doing things that i can at least enjoy instead

Then why are you following this thread?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

thekeeshman posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh no you've triggered a lawsuit

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Self reflection is the first step on the path to personal growth. I worry that SomethingAwful.com forums user "Baykin" is spending too much time following this dumb poo poo and not enough time doing things he can enjoy. For his own sake, he should be banned. Mods please do the needful.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it’s funny to see y’all still posting here when I just got back from the gym.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

i''m fine with justifying electoralism and ghoulishly resigning myself to the inevitable march of american-backed genocide in the middle east, but posting far side is where i draw the line

larson is cool, dude, why you doin larson like that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

i have two phones strapped to my big crossfit tire and i've been flipping it up and down the mat since before you woke up

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

i am intrigued. continue

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

i am intrigued. continue

It's impressive how the begging manages to get more shameless and pathetic every election cycle

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The large man lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your donations. But you're not donating.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

The large man lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your donations. But you're not donating.

:D

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fets just going to hire all the terrible dnc people isn't he

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Fets just going to hire all the terrible dnc people isn't he

Based on the texts, he already has.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

is the big man still in a coma or w/e

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

platzapS posted:

is the big man still in a coma or w/e

at this point, it actually seems pretty irrelevant to his campaign, or how he would govern

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

I just got back from the bank

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

paul_soccer12 posted:

I just got back from the bank

😂

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

james fatterman

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

jake and the unbearable heaviness of being the fatman

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I need 212 gifts in the next hour.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

i am intrigued. continue

they shoulda gone for the bladerunner script at least, would've got more donations

"we could flip this seat blue, but you aren't donating. why aren't you donating?"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Oglethorpe posted:

they shoulda gone for the bladerunner script at least, would've got more donations

"we could flip this seat blue, but you aren't donating. why aren't you donating?"

great joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baykin
Feb 11, 2008

thekeeshman posted:

i dont know that id say im following this thread closely, but after seeing the guy's comments about covid and masking a couple weeks back (not to mention the whole chasing a black man down thing) he became another one of the obvious coward liars that only care about getting into power. and then id see this thread bumped near the top fairly often and i got to wondering if people are still actually supporting him in cspam. then i found my answer and made a couple posts. then every couple days or so i remember that i made posts and figure i should perhaps check to see if people were responding to me. and then i press the reply button and typed some words. i hope this helps you come to a better understanding of the forum browsing/posting process.