Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The best part of the chicken is the little tail bit you get when you roast one whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
PHUO: Don't care for this ongoing discussion about about eating chicken parts in the PHUOT

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nuggies are processed slime that come frozen.

All choices are good :colbert:

I wanna slightly return to this. Nuggies and tenders are good too, you just eat them, comfort food. It's not a production, you don't have to spit out bones or watch out not to smear grease or sauce.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Some food is better than other food

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
There are not a lot of foods which I'll turn my nose up at but Chicken Thighs are on that list

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wish there was more people rejecting the allure of the thighs. They're losing their competitive advantage of being cheap as hell cause all the zoomers jumping on the discount meat train.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

There are not a lot of foods which I'll turn my nose up at but Chicken Thighs are on that list

They are unequivocally the best part of the chicken, Jesus Christ.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

I wanna slightly return to this. Nuggies and tenders are good too, you just eat them, comfort food. It's not a production, you don't have to spit out bones or watch out not to smear grease or sauce.

they will pry my KD with ketchup from my cold, dead hands

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Captain Monkey posted:

The best part of the chicken is the little tail bit you get when you roast one whole.

That's called the Pope's Nose and it rules.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Chicken thighs are the thinking man's chicken wings

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Robobot posted:

That's called the Pope's Nose and it rules.

I just knew it had a weirdly specific and hilarious name.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Take the littl' golden nuglets, put a few drops of worcestershire each, wrap in slices of cold maasdam. Shove them in your mouth until finished. Go take a nap.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I don't understand the hate for chicken nuggets or patties. It's just ground up chicken.

It's only "pink slime" after grinding because poultry is basically protein jello.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Guyver posted:

I don't understand the hate for chicken nuggets or patties. It's just ground up chicken.

It's only "pink slime" after grinding because poultry is basically protein jello.

It's because chicken nuggets = fast food and fast food = poor people and/or US americans. Hahaha those people eat trash for babies.

gently caress it, smother your nuggets in barbecue sauce and ranch both, then shovel them into your face. Food elitism is the dumbest of all elitisms. (especially from western Europe cuz bro there are not enough american tourists to fund your tons upon tons of McDonalds and in fact the most prosperous McDonalds in history was the one recently closed located in Red Square)

Why do they not simply make a ham and split pea soup in their slow cooker once a week and exclusively eat that??

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 16:41 on May 28, 2022

doverhog
May 31, 2013

McDonalds, like nuggets, is good for what it is and I enjoyed their cheeseburgers at 3 AM several times, before covid. They even have relatively good labour practices, compared to other fast food chains.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Captain Monkey posted:

This is the real answer. Y'all need to go to a good yakitori place and eat all the chicken parts you didn't know existed that are delicious.

e: also the neck

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's because chicken nuggets = fast food and fast food = poor people and/or US americans. Hahaha those people eat trash for babies.

gently caress it, smother your nuggets in barbecue sauce and ranch both, then shovel them into your face. Food elitism is the dumbest of all elitisms. (especially from western Europe cuz bro there are not enough american tourists to fund your tons upon tons of McDonalds and in fact the most prosperous McDonalds in history was the one recently closed located in Red Square)

Why do they not simply make a ham and split pea soup in their slow cooker once a week and exclusively eat that??

Sorry but are you saying that people outside of the US do not eat McDonalds?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

alexandriao posted:

Sorry but are you saying that people outside of the US do not eat McDonalds?

No I'm saying the exact opposite
I loving literally hold a french passport and lived there for years. I'm married to a russian. Maybe just maybe that's why the Red Square McDonalds comes to mind.

but I've seen enough of your posts to get why you'd think that

also good lord

if an opinion exists and it can be kinda sorta geolocated to near the the united states in amurikkka, it can only be from a right-wing absolute trash opinion haver not like me a very smart leftist opinion haver no stop saying you are on the left i'm left you suck

That opinion sucks, PHUO? Like my leftism kinda encourages me to not judge people based on their language or where they are born or what countries they know but some people Online get their own opinions and yikes

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:41 on May 28, 2022

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish McDonald's would bring in some of their international stuff on a rotating basis to the US. I want to try a Maharaja Mac, Taro Pie, and Shrimp Burger but I don't really want to fly somewhere to do it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Every part of a chicken can be really good or bad depending on who cooked it.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

No I'm saying the exact opposite
I loving literally hold a french passport and lived there for years. I'm married to a russian. Maybe just maybe that's why the Red Square McDonalds comes to mind.

but I've seen enough of your posts to get why you'd think that

also good lord

if an opinion exists and it can be kinda sorta geolocated to near the the united states in amurikkka, it can only be from a right-wing absolute trash opinion haver not like me a very smart leftist opinion haver no stop saying you are on the left i'm left you suck

That opinion sucks, PHUO? Like my leftism kinda encourages me to not judge people based on their language or where they are born or what countries they know but some people Online get their own opinions and yikes

What? This feels unnecessarily vitriolic when I was genuinely asking if I had misunderstood your post or not.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

especially from western Europe cuz bro there are not enough american tourists to fund your tons upon tons of McDonalds

Was the bit I was confused about. I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm, or whether I was misreading, or something else.

I agree totally with your post about food elitism so I'm just more confused than I started about where this has come from tbh.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Green tea Kit Kat should come to American stores beyond just specialty Asian grocery stores

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're owned by separate companies in and out of the US. The imports are already a grey area

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Caufman posted:

Green tea Kit Kat should come to American stores beyond just specialty Asian grocery stores

This but the hojicha version

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Tiggum posted:

I like to crunch the bones.

Excellent post-av combo!

Caufman posted:

:yeah: I love matcha-flavored candy and pastries.

Probably unpopular opinion: I like some fake-meat products, such as impossible burgers, better than comparable real meat products.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
While this is generally popular, my guess is this sentiment is unpopular here:

Shoplifters suck a lot. I work at a popular bookstore and we’ve had to start keeping vinyl records in the back room and put spiders (essentially alarm systems) on any product over forty dollars. We’re constantly reporting that certain manga volumes can’t be found because a customer can’t find it on out shelves despite our website saying we have it in stock. One sixth of our last shipment of Chainsaw Man volume one, a book that is flat out our bestseller when we can get it in stock, had to be reported as lost. That’s ten books that would have gone to people who would be willing to buy it if it was available. Plus, the manga’s pretty much available for free online already! If you can’t afford the physical books you still have access to the digital version!

Shoplifting is deeply inconsiderate to the store’s employees and the customers of the store. People who do it are just jerks

Caufman
May 7, 2007

ScienceSeagull posted:

Probably unpopular opinion: I like some fake-meat products, such as impossible burgers, better than comparable real meat products.

Some are getting pretty tasty for sure. The price premium, on the other hand.... Surely it cannot be more expensive to produce plant-based meat than it is to produce animal products.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Caufman posted:

Some are getting pretty tasty for sure. The price premium, on the other hand.... Surely it cannot be more expensive to produce plant-based meat than it is to produce animal products.

Also a lot of them are incredibly unhealthy and its annoying because I'd totally switch if it made sense price/health-wise, I'm not a big fan of the meat industry.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Caufman posted:

Economies of scale, when they become more prolific the price will fall. That said there's already plant based proteins to eat they just aren't so embarrassed that they need to pretend to be meat

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Also I’m pretty sure the beef people get hella subsidies so they can sell it for cheaper than the plant people

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

christmas boots posted:

Also I’m pretty sure the beef people get hella subsidies so they can sell it for cheaper than the plant people

The corn people also get hella subsidies though

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The fact that published articles all sound like Cracked articles is the second most pressing concern in popular culture.

https://www.avclub.com/dear-god-no-morbius-2-has-not-been-greenlit-1848990634

Why would you make that the title, why would you write it like that, why is the editor not firing this person, why did we need an "ironic" article about Morbius that makes fun of how people ironically like Morbius?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

The corn people also get hella subsidies though

Corn is not used for plant based protein things. More "obscure" plants like beans, oats, etc. are needed and are not subsidized in the same way in the US. Corn lobby is a big thing there. There's also costs with actually making the end product, marketing, etc.

That said, it's hosed up that meat is cheaper, in Finland too. I'd eat more plant protein if it was cheaper, or even roughly the same price, instead of double the price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

The fact that published articles all sound like Cracked articles is the second most pressing concern in popular culture.

https://www.avclub.com/dear-god-no-morbius-2-has-not-been-greenlit-1848990634

Why would you make that the title, why would you write it like that, why is the editor not firing this person, why did we need an "ironic" article about Morbius that makes fun of how people ironically like Morbius?

The Onion and the AV Club are pretty much total garbage now. It's a shame.

To answer your question it's probably all clicks. I think people just click on stupid, unprofessional headlines more. As a certified moron, I can say I fall for stupid headlines regularly. I always feel guilty about clicking on them though because I know they don't deserve it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I don't think that there is anything about oneself that is truly immutable, beyond obvious things like genetic conditions. Our internal worlds and our own personalities may take a lot of effort to change, but they are, or should be, worth changing.

I hate thinking that things are fixed or that things like archetypes are real. Or even that we cannot cure things. I would just really like it if we can change things.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Whether there is some immutable core or not is a philosophical question that can't really be answered, but you can always change your actions, what you actually do.

A lot of life is just showing up, and doing the thing, regardless of how you may feel about it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was a kinda funny prank for the first couple of decades, but it's been 569 years now. We gotta stop joking around and bring back Rome

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

It was a kinda funny prank for the first couple of decades, but it's been 569 years now. We gotta stop joking around and bring back Rome

Rome exists. Do not bring back the Roman Empire. It never really went away and we are still suffering the consequences of its existence.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Everlasting darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Byzantine posted:

Everlasting darkness.

Was caused by the Roman Empire, I agree!

Not being 100% serious here just to let you know!