Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

greetings

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Luigi's Mansion 3

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

Luigi's Mansion 3

nice work

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dark cloud

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

New Super Lucky's Tale

A pretty good 3d platformer. Even though mascot platformers tend to be pretty easy I like to blaze through them now and then for some nice nostalgia.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life (x2 successful playthroughs)

oops! I accidentally forgot about this thread - although my lack of finished games this year has probably contributed to that, as I haven't finished much this year. So yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm only up to #4 at the moment (Well, unless you count X4 expansions/plotlines, but eh)

A Legionary's Life was pretty good. It's a roguelike, so dying is pretty easy, generally speaking. I got super lucky on my second playthrough though, and managed to survive to the end, albeit with a pretty low score. Some more playthroughs later and I decided to play very daringly, jumping into every fight I could get into. I got lucky throughout the whole game too, but by the last 1/4 I was pretty much unstoppable due to my high combat skills and lucky stat rolls at the start of the game.

Onto Armoured Commander II (another roguelike, but controlling a WW2 tank commander) and Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts 2 next! Hopefully my recent roguelike luck carries over to AC2 :D

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sensorium

Cool short little puzzle game

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[23] Dark Cloud (PS2) 5/24/22
Review:
A great game, until it wasn't. The back half is ... not so great. The last dungeon and boss are some of the worst I've ever seen in a JRPG. Imagine having to pause and switch an item property every second to even land a hit. Thats the last boss. Also the enemies in the last dungeon, which is 25 loving floors for some reason, and like the worst designed enemies of all time (Playing cards?!!?!?). The best part of this game is the town building requests and the music.

6/10

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Dark Cloud. The last boss is poo poo, and all the story is dumped on you at the very end. But if you just want to grind weapon levels, this is the game for you.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

1. Rift Wizard
2. Grand Cross Renovation
3. Doom 64
4. Elden Ring
5. Rolling Gunner Overpower
6. Sekiro
7. Blazing Chrome
8. Contra Hard Corps

SNES had a lot of good games, but it didn't have Hard Corps.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • UAC Ultra (2010, 11 maps for Doom II, No Save Pistol Start UV-Max). Somewhat rote, linear techbase style level pack that definitely should have been half the size. But its the first time I've ever been able to nosave an entire wad so I probably stuck with it for that reason, which made some of the longer levels heartshattering affairs. Watching 2 cyberdemons and 10 arachnotrons spawn in to a room 30 minutes into a level got me more excited than the levels were really worth, but hey, it was spicy. 3/5

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
xenoblade definitive edition. went out of my way to do mostly everything. still great a decade later. gonna wrap back around and do future connected after im done with xeno2 replay and torna

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3
11. Wario World

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

13. Wario World (100%).

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

King's Quest VI - Best ending, max score

Other than the stupid copy protection crap I also used a map to get through the catacombs. Everything else was done by memory.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

Other than the stupid copy protection crap I also used a map to get through the catacombs. Everything else was done by memory.

wow

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Good work King Alexander.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kongming posted:

incredible

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Wario World

It's probably the second best 6th gen platformer, but that's incredibly faint praise.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

Wario World

It's probably the second best 6th gen platformer, but that's incredibly faint praise.

Congrats to Toejam & Earl III: Mission to Earth for remaining king.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Wario World

I just finished it too and uh lets see here

There's Sunshine, the two sonic adventure games, the ratchet and clank series, the jak series, psychonauts, ape escape 2+3. Then there's a handful of wildcard options like Blinx, Sly, Billy Hatcher, Rayman, Klonoa.

It's not terrible, but I don't think it cracks top 10 gen 6 platformers.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

There's Sunshine, the two sonic adventure games, the ratchet and clank series, the jak series, psychonauts, ape escape 2+3. Then there's a handful of wildcard options like Blinx, Sly, Billy Hatcher, Rayman, Klonoa.

george bush voice: uh you forgot Kao the Kangaroo

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

I forgot about ape escape when I said that but I don't like most of those games

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
ape escape is a v underrated series

For games beat: Yakuza 5. A lot better than 4. shinada is a way better character than tanimura, saejimas section was not total poo poo this time, the haruka rhythm stuff was fun. Even if the plot was still kind of a mess the setpieces and big battles were way better.

still gonna play for a bit as I've barely touched the taxi and hunting side stories. Would be nice if akiyama had his own thing too but the game is hardly hurting for content.

sad that I've only got two more of these left to play (unless the judgments escape stadia)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Golf Peaks 100%

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Superhot: Mind Control Delete

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

8. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

definitively my favorite out of the OG trilogy. no real weak points from start to finish, and the last case has to be my favorite i've experienced so far, even with the bizarre body pendulum aspect. Godot ftw forever

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

symbolic posted:

Godot ftw forever

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
18. Super Mario Land