Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Yeah that's... a very standard battlepass? Like I only ever see entirely free battlepasses(Deep rock galactic, warframe), or that type.

Though I really hope they're not locking non cosmetics behind the time limited paid version like it sounds like from that post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The character perks aren't from the battle pass. You unlock perks by leveling up the characters, which you do just by using them.

Still lovely for competitive and tournament play though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Why? If you're playing competitive, you're going to use your main who you've, presumably, been unlocking things for by using them because that's your main.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Because if you're going to a tournament everyone's going to be playing off fresh accounts and that will cause problems if there are unlockables that actually affect gameplay.

There a reason why most fighting games have moved away from things like single-player unlockable secret characters.

Of course this all can be fixed with a Tournament Mode where all characters are unlocked and no modifiers are allowed, but we don't know if Multiversus will have any of that.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 25, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Of course this all can be fixed with a Tournament Mode where all characters are unlocked and no modifiers are allowed, but we don't know if Multiversus will have any of that.

They probably will because they have a huge money 2v2 thing and it makes no logistical sense for people to log in their account and grind at an irl event.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Doesn't Smash Ultimate have a code that allows you to unlock everyone in the base game for multiplayer, but you still have to play single player for permanent unlocks?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Doesn't Smash Ultimate have a code that allows you to unlock everyone in the base game for multiplayer, but you still have to play single player for permanent unlocks?

I think you're thinking of Shovel Knight Showdown.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dabir posted:

I think you're thinking of Shovel Knight Showdown.

Ah, that's it, thanks

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think ultimate just had everyone unlocked from the get go?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ultimate simplifies unlocking by dropping all the crazy conditions, but on a fresh save with no DLC all you have is the original 8 from SSB64.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rody One Half posted:

Why? If you're playing competitive, you're going to use your main who you've, presumably, been unlocking things for by using them because that's your main.

What if I decide I want to switch mains? Now all of a sudden I'm stuck fighting people who have all their perks unlocked while I'm using someone I don't have them unlocked on, so now I've got to deal with a grind to get on equal footing with those players.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You have to do that anyway, it's just you normally call that grind "labbing"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

:rolleyes:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY5dq5xOK_s
The Former Best Friends Thread: Woolie, Reggie, Pat and Matt

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

idgi

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I'm guessing they're saying we can just take Liam out of the thread title now and replace him with Reggie?

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Shut up Grouchio.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RevolverDivider posted:

Shut up Grouchio.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

which best friend will get a restraining order on grouchio first

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Started watching some of the Mass Effect stream. Reggie completely missing Sovereign was hilarious. For parts like that, where the game wants you to see certain things, Woolie should just straight up tell him to look at the thing. I know he tried, but he was pretty passive about it... which is understandable given his history of LPs

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah and him intentionally not breaking a smile at how silly and funny something like that is was VERY funny.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

a cartoon duck posted:

which best friend will get a restraining order on grouchio first

Given his insane posting in ADTRW lately I feel like Liam might want to watch his back

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the mass effect LPs are going to be all-timers I can see it already

learning a LOT about reggie from this first stream, and woolie has multiple thousand-yard-stare "what have I wrought" moments at the camera

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Invictus posted:

the mass effect LPs are going to be all-timers I can see it already

learning a LOT about reggie from this first stream, and woolie has multiple thousand-yard-stare "what have I wrought" moments at the camera

"What's a cool future name? Red."

slow zoom on woolie as curb your enthusiasm music plays

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
reggie hits on an asari "so baby when will you be a matron? wait, am I grooming?"

woolie:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

"What's a cool future name? Red."

slow zoom on woolie as curb your enthusiasm music plays

idgi

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
reggie is a huge dork

he also planned to make the character's skin color red, because his name is red

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

the joke is red is absolutely not a cool future name, and woolie is incredulous that he went with it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
mass effect has an extremely well known red/blue morality system and visual motif

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hi guys, I'm Jedi hero Bloodrage

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

RareAcumen posted:

Hi guys, I'm Jedi hero Bloodrage
Grymm Darkfyre

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
ragna the bloodedge

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

scary ghost dog posted:

mass effect has an extremely well known red/blue morality system and visual motif

Reggie did not know that going in he just really thinks "Red Shepard" is the coolest poo poo

it's great

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
The Mass Effect LP is demonstrating that Reggie must be in control for 2 and 3, as well. The grooming comment is just... wow. This is amazing

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"Treat Element Zero Like A Stand Arrow" god drat it woolie that is so lame

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 31, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

1hr8min is the timestamp in which commander shepard leaves the first room that the game starts in

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
No matter how meandering Reggie might be in wandering around, I appreciate his quickness in picking dialogue options most the time instead of sitting there mulling over them at each choice like some older LPs. :shobon:

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
It is nice that 90% of ME's inconsequential dialogue is on the left side of the wheel, and what is consequential is color-coded.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

More like rear end effect lmao gottem send post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dabir posted:

More like rear end effect lmao gottem send post

Diabetus, I didn't know you still posted on here, I thought you kept those bangers limited to twitter once every 7 and half weeks