Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

There's a million reasons why he wants to move on and it's not really anyone's business but his own. Unless it's revealed something lovely happened to him or god forbid he did something lovely, it's nothing for the listeners to worry about.

This is facts, I just hope everything is alright. Someone I know did something like this and they HAD done something horrible so I'm majorly projecting here but I won't lie, I'm a little :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Too many tall glasses of water on the job (I kid, I kid).

Btw if there are any Walsh tier people (who are the only ones to really get the full effect of the joke) not following Steve on twitter, you missed a cornucopia of mingo photoshop retweets over the last week and they were all great.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Zore posted:

The weirdest thing is that he tweeted about it but with no real explanation?

IDK, maybe I just don't get Twitter culture but he could have just... not tweeted and literally no one would know or bug him/get weird about it?

He's very much tapped into Film Twitter, both from his former job and his podcast. It's as much a LinkedIn post as it is a message to we normies.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Burns theater had enough of Andrew indulging in $35 Taco Bell dinner nights. The office the next day has to be fumigated. The bills were just too much.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The new management are very anti-Dadfernoon.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m kinda surprised anyone would work for a theater for 16 years unless you owned it.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Invalid Validation posted:

I’m kinda surprised anyone would work for a theater for 16 years unless you owned it.

what's your job?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m a journalist for a local Newspaper. I too know what it’s like to work in a dying industry.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
ha yeah i feel ya. i always wanted to work at a bookstore but i also want to pay rent so..

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

June Dispatch is out!

Episode 614 — City Slickers

Episode 615 — Expendables 2

Episode 616 — Cats & Dogs

Episode 617 — Despicable Me

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Jurassic Park

Animation Damnation — Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child: "Henny Penny" (s3, e6)*

The Nexus: TOS: "Is There No Truth No Beauty?" (s3 e5) TNG: "Deja Q" (s3, e13)

Gleep Glossary: Davin Felth (the "Look sir! Droids!" Sand Trooper)

Melr0210: 90210: "My Desperate Valentine" (s2, e16) Melrose Place: "Revenge" (s2, e3)

Once in a Lifetime: Babynapped aka Born and Missing

Obi-Pod Kenobi: Episode 1 - Episode 5, which covers the WHOLE SERIES!

That WLM!!! :swoon:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Lmao that Gleep Glossary may be peak "THEY have a full backstory!?!?"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Melrose Place is expiring from Hulu on 13 days :ohdear:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Iron Crowned posted:

Melrose Place is expiring from Hulu on 13 days :ohdear:

It’s a Paramount show. Their content is slowly disappearing elsewhere as deals expire. It’s on Paramount Plus.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rageaholic posted:

June Dispatch is out!

Theme to the WLM already playing in my head

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

That’s mostly an amazing list, and the first two WHM choices could be all timers. But Despicable Me is an odd choice, I think. It’s a perfectly fine kid’s movie, and I don’t think there’s a ton to mine for comedy there. But I’m perfectly willing to see how wrong I am.

I’m mostly hoping it’s more than, “Aren’t Minions obnoxious?”

Probably some, “So he’s loving those things, right?”

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, Despicable Me stood out a bit. Its a pretty good movie and since it was before they really pushed the Minions you don't even have them being super obnoxious in it.

On the other hand they may be doing it just to get it out of the way before doing the sequels and spinoff, most of which are absolutely WHM material.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Zore posted:

Yeah, Despicable Me stood out a bit. Its a pretty good movie and since it was before they really pushed the Minions you don't even have them being super obnoxious in it.

On the other hand they may be doing it just to get it out of the way before doing the sequels and spinoff, most of which are absolutely WHM material.

Yeah, the sequels get progressively worse, and the Minions spinoff is straight up garbage filth. So you may be right.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Despicable Me is one of those movies I never thought I'd watch, but of course it's the WHM gang that's going to get me to do it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, the sequels get progressively worse, and the Minions spinoff is straight up garbage filth. So you may be right.

There is another new Minions movie coming up. They have stopped any illusion of it being a "Despicable Me" franchise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minions:_The_Rise_of_Gru

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

There is another new Minions movie coming up. They have stopped any illusion of it being a "Despicable Me" franchise

Oh I know. And I’m sure it will be terrible.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Are they going to talk about loving the minions again?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They better

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Hockles posted:

Wow, that never actually came out? I remember seeing all the licensed toys and crackers and whatever a long time ago, but I guess that's what happens when you push a movie's release back two years

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
JP is going to make me sub for June. And have they said what they're going to do with the Nexus when they finish TOS?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Andorra posted:

Wow, that never actually came out? I remember seeing all the licensed toys and crackers and whatever a long time ago, but I guess that's what happens when you push a movie's release back two years

It keeps missing dates, I think the latest wave of tie-in snacks puts it as the crown of rescheduled marketing disasters over Wonder Woman 1984.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GrandpaPants posted:

Are they going to talk about loving the minions again?

You want the minions to gently caress her?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

holy gently caress I have wanted Cats and Dogs forever, the guys really need to get into that late 90s-early 00’s kid blockbuster genre

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Looking forward to Cats & Dogs. I saw that when I was a teenager or just about. It's surprisingly raunchy. I'd rather them do the sequel though because Nick Nolte plays Butch in the sequel.

Zore posted:

Back in the day, WHM would do that. They never did the original Maniac Cop. They went right into the third one.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

GoutPatrol posted:

You want the minions to gently caress her?

See that Minion in the window up there?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Here's what Jupin had to say about his leaving the Burns (from his website):

"Things were (more or less) gravy right up until the pandemic. On March 20, 2020, the film center shuttered for what turned out to be over a year, the great albatross around my neck known as Virtual Cinema was born, a poo poo load of my friends and colleagues lost their jobs, and so began an endless cyclone of repetitive strategy and policy meetings regarding the film center, all because of this loving virus.

Thankfully, the theater was finally able to re-open in May of 2021 and it was a truly heartening affair. My home of nearly two decades had made it through to the other side of the shut down and survived! Not all cinemas were so lucky. But, we were screening films again! And for a while, it was okay. Things seemed possible. A change was indeed on the horizon, but boy, I had no idea what kind.

Now here we are, just about June 2022, and I’m a ghost to that place. I’m not going to get into the specifics of what went down. However, I will say that leaving the JBFC was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make in my life. It’s not one I came to lightly either, but sometimes life tosses a challenge at you and you’ll need to decide just how important your personal values and morals are to you, and what you’re willing to sacrifice to stand by them. And it’s possible that the decision you know you have to make in order to stay true to yourself will be the most gutting thing you may ever do. "

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

They’re only going to be screening Marvel movies from now on.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

They’re going to sell whole fish at the concession stand

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

They’re going to sell whole fish at the concession stand

This got me good.

Sadly though, this reads to me like they're being lovely about pandemic safety or something.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Huge props to Andrew (who has a website? Didn’t know) for sticking to his beliefs despite it breaking his heart. That takes chutzpah

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, not clear what the change was since I live nowhere near the place or anything but clearly it was something that genuinely bothered him and I've picked up enough by osmosis to know that place is something special in the area. Good on him being able to stick to his principles there. For all the jokes about these guys being nasty lil poo poo boys who want to watch Zoo and Star Wars forever the guys clearly share a very real passion for movies and the artform involved in them so I hope he's able to find a way to keep doing things like screenings.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Time to become a movie blogger.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You have a minion living in your apartment building!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Tomorrow we open YouTube and are greeted by "I'M ANDREW JUPIN AND WELCOME TO "WE HATE PLOTHOLES" *aooga horn*"

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Fezz posted:

JP is going to make me sub for June. And have they said what they're going to do with the Nexus when they finish TOS?

I want to say they half-heartedly said they'd do DS9? But I may be making that up. I don't think they ever thought it would get this far. I think they're almost halfway done with TNG, which is just insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Kneecaps posted:

I want to say they half-heartedly said they'd do DS9? But I may be making that up. I don't think they ever thought it would get this far. I think they're almost halfway done with TNG, which is just insane.

The chaos option is cover the last 4 seasons of TNG with another 4-season Trek series as compliment... Enterprise.