Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kerrzhe posted:

i didn't get too far in FFX (because i ran from every encounter and was too underleveled to fight Seymour the first time) but i did win at blitzball

That's the thing, even if you have fought every battle in the game to that point Seymour is *still* probably going to loving destroy you if you don't look up a guide first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

sassassin posted:

They need to add a new magical dps class because I don't like any of the current options and want to do all the role quests.

If you just want to do the role quests, level a Scholar and put up with playing a Summoner for the tiny amount of combat you have to do in role quests

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

FFX is actually kinda hard for an FF game if you don't grind/unlock a few ultimate weapons/go into every boss fight with pre-filled limit breaks on all your dudes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

blitzball is awful. why do people keep asking for it. did they completely forget how bad it was in ffx.

this mf lost to the luca goers 🤣🤣🤣

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Blitzball, in X-2 is horrible.

Blitzball in X is fun....but really flawed. The locked camera angles are a big issue, and learning skills was way to annoying. However, the actual game was pretty fun.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thundarr posted:

That's the thing, even if you have fought every battle in the game to that point Seymour is *still* probably going to loving destroy you if you don't look up a guide first.

his hair gives him too much power

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Madmarker posted:

Blitzball, in X-2 is horrible.

equivalent exchange for the dressphere system being amazing

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

bagrada posted:

That's pretty close to red mage. Unless that's the joke.

I want a non-ninja rogue who takes inspiration from the SWTOR Smuggler. Story based games like these with smug and snotty bosses like sith lords or ascians are infinitely improved when you can throw dirt in their eye then kick them in the groin the second combat starts.

Nah it's not really that, red mage is magic = ranged, physical = melee, and either can be aoe or single target. Kind of a slight difference I know but with as many classes as there are, I think slight differences is mostly what we're getting from now on.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Tanks gotta tank, healers gotta heal, Magical DPS have to manage mana on top of personal class mechanics, ranged usually have more support options so they've gotta focus on that as well.

And then there's MCH

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

How is Melee DPS the least complicated style? Keeping your uptime going on bosses that move around a bunch is one of the most stressful things to learn how to do well, in my experience.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Magical DPS have to manage mana on top of personal class mechanics

This means "hit Lucid Dreaming whenever you get to ~6000 or so".

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
keeping uptime is only hard if you intend to live through the uptime,

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My favorite uptime strats are the ones that if they go wrong kill everybody. Like going for flank/rear attacks on P1S chains before sprinting to your assigned spot.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ah, yes, as Ranged DPS I have to remember to press my support skill once every couple minutes when AoE happens. This is difficult and takes up all of my time and is totally equivalent to melee having to hit positionals and worry about uptime.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
since new summoner got made into easier red mage NIN is the only class that makes me feel alive

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Ah, yes, as Ranged DPS I have to remember to press my support skill once every couple minutes when AoE happens. This is difficult and takes up all of my time and is totally equivalent to melee having to hit positionals and worry about uptime.

Troubador's what wins fights, and the melee need to be given higher dps to compensate for their hurt feelings.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Alxprit posted:

How is Melee DPS the least complicated style? Keeping your uptime going on bosses that move around a bunch is one of the most stressful things to learn how to do well, in my experience.

Everyone has to do that. Everyone has other poo poo to think about outside of that usually. Melee are just the ones entirely focused on doing that and that alone. It's why their kits tend to be more mechanically dense than other roles.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BEASTMASTER UNLOCKED

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I don't remember that scene in FF8? Was the remake the crazy?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zil posted:

I don't remember that scene in FF8? Was the remake the crazy?

It's from a mobile game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RIuVpyrQ6E

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qVl5CRyCEE

Edit: drat it that video was not in this post when I first saw it :mad:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Heavesnward LP cordially invites you to its final chapter. Thank you all for coming with me on this ride.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

BEASTMASTER UNLOCKED

I distinctly remember firing the dog plenty of times in the original.

and oooooffffff I think I'm gonna take a break from CC until they fix BLM. this doesn't feel fun anymore

ok OK it's criminal that you didn't link the Shantotto limit break
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qVl5CRyCEE&t=105s

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 28, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Electric Phantasm posted:

BEASTMASTER UNLOCKED

that is a majestic Angelo

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

hazardousmouse posted:

and oooooffffff I think I'm gonna take a break from CC until they fix BLM. this doesn't feel fun anymore

Yeah I think I’m done as well. It’s loving stupid how much cc and damage they have. I don’t know what they were thinking.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I had a good CC match today: we were losing 98%, good match farewells were starting… but the last man standing on our side got off their Sam LB at the last second and wiped the entire enemy team who were clustered on the crystal whaling on him. We ressed, ran the field back and won in overtime.

But yeah, BLM is stupid broken. I’m using PVP right now to level it because I no longer need to be good, I just need to hit ice > paradox > superflare and run the hell away until my LB comes up and I become destroyer of any group on the point.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Just saying Svarbhanu has to be the most messed up looking dungeon boss yet. Something strange about a multi mouthed furry worm dragon.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

coolusername posted:

I had a good CC match today: we were losing 98%, good match farewells were starting… but the last man standing on our side got off their Sam LB at the last second and wiped the entire enemy team who were clustered on the crystal whaling on him. We ressed, ran the field back and won in overtime.

But yeah, BLM is stupid broken. I’m using PVP right now to level it because I no longer need to be good, I just need to hit ice > paradox > superflare and run the hell away until my LB comes up and I become destroyer of any group on the point.

I played a bunch last night because I had nothing else to do and it keeps me awake (i didn’t want to fall asleep super early)

I’m def done with CC until patch. Because matches have basically become “can you kill the enemy Black Mage quick enough.” Because if you get targeted by one it’s “okay gonna attack. Oh I’m frozen, ok I’m out gonna. Oh now I’m stunned. Oh gonna, oh now I’m asleep. If I’m not dead they now get to repeat the combo until I am dead.”

I know they said they really didn’t do much testing with it and threw it out the door but I’d l think they didn’t do any because holy cow is PvP just so bad with them in it. Good thing I’ve done all I need to do in it for now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en/status/1530564609827954688?s=21&t=cc2rLQfWIhdAkszfdW9iLA

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

BLM is finally top dog :smug:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The trick to enjoying CC BLM meta is to play it yourself, instantly develop a heartfelt animosity against the enemy BLM (there will always be one), and wizard duel to the death across the map the instant your LBs both 100% :kingsley:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm happy I waited to bid on a plot for a few days. The place I wanted has 48 bids and another perfectly good small 'only' has 15. Wonder how many people are doing it last day too though...

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I'm happy I waited to bid on a plot for a few days. The place I wanted has 48 bids and another perfectly good small 'only' has 15. Wonder how many people are doing it last day too though...

The only reason not to do it on the last day is if you can't log on that day, so I imagine a lot of people are going to wait.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

WrightOfWay posted:

The only reason not to do it on the last day is if you can't log on that day, so I imagine a lot of people are going to wait.

Yup. You're still likely to get statistically better odds if you can afford to be there a bit before it closes compared to just throwing your ticket in a low participant plot early and hoping for the best. I already went around and mapped the lowest participant plots, so I'm just gonna scan through them an hour before and go with whatever's got the best odds.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
My little fc of friends went in on one of the large lots in the goblet near the windmills and managed to get 4 bids, but still less than a coin flip odds :smith:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"This fight syncs everyone down to 565, better require 595 ilevel in the party finder."

I hate this part of a gear cycle, where people who put time into the limited tomestone assume everyone else has as well on any job they might bring.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Sure is good to see CC’s MMR still sucks rear end, already gone 0-10 as BRD tonight

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Regalingualius posted:

Sure is good to see CC’s MMR still sucks rear end, already gone 0-10 as BRD tonight

Do not bother with CC until 6.15. It’s exceptionally bad because of the Black Mage buff.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vermain posted:

Yup. You're still likely to get statistically better odds if you can afford to be there a bit before it closes compared to just throwing your ticket in a low participant plot early and hoping for the best. I already went around and mapped the lowest participant plots, so I'm just gonna scan through them an hour before and go with whatever's got the best odds.

I'm cataloging tomorrow night. Good luck!

I lost my house from the year I didn't play, so I'm really really hopeful!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Seriously, I’m just trying to kill two birds with one stone by leveling my last few jobs while grinding for Garo gear, I don’t need it to be a goddamn Sisyphean nightmare in casual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Streaks happen. Your own headspace is more of an effect than any OP job.