Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Forest chase scene was so bad
https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1530712746001432576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like that they preserved Kenobi’s casual droid bigotry.

“Is that thing going to make any noise?”

“No, it’s hurt.”

“GOOD.”

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

For all we know that alien species is deathly allergic to trees

And this is why every show should be set on Tatooine, where there are no trees to awkwardly bump into :smug:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It doesn't look quite as bad as Mando Season 2 where Din and Boba were fighting storm troopers in SoCal a few feet off the 5, but it did not look great.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Muppet Baby Leia absolutely torpedoes this show. Every moment this cringecreature is on screen it's just flat out unwatchable. Made it like 70% through Ep2 then just couldn't anymore.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

AcidCat posted:

Muppet Baby Leia absolutely torpedoes this show. Every moment this cringecreature is on screen it's just flat out unwatchable. Made it like 70% through Ep2 then just couldn't anymore.

To each their own. I actually found her wit and initial suspicion of Obi-Wan pretty good writing.

But I do concur the forest chase was terrible. I mean, just stun her and save the cliches.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I thought young Leia was fine aside from the complete inability for her to run and their constant insistence that she run away from people

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I can’t tell if the lady playing Reva is a bad actress or her dialogue is just dumb as hell or both. Every time her team dunks on her for being an rear end in a top hat she just responds with some variation of “No you!” In a way that’s trying to sound badass but just makes her seem like a moron.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

For all we know that alien species is deathly allergic to trees

And this is why every show should be set on Tatooine, where there are no trees to awkwardly bump into :smug:

That dude is a Falleen, the same species as Prince Xizor from Shadows of the Empire. Their #1 racial characteristic is unfathomable stupidity. So this doof getting clotheslined by a branch he saw coming a mile away and still willfully ran neck-first into is completely in keeping.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

Some of that extended Mando footage

https://streamable.com/m0t1xv

I feel more and more disconnected from the Star Wars fanbase with each passing day. Watching everyone lose their minds at a nothing character from a terrible movie is the epitome of the "Hey, remember??" school of fanservice working like gangbusters for people who have no interest in good storytelling. And now they're the only ones that these stories are being made for.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

AcidCat posted:

I loving hate children but I still adored her. Like my tolerance for child actors is basically zero, how are these folks hating her? I don't get the backlash against this show, aside from the dumb child chases, I was fully invested in both episodes. This was a good Star War.

A talking coyote posted:

I can’t tell if the lady playing Reva is a bad actress or her dialogue is just dumb as hell or both. Every time her team dunks on her for being an rear end in a top hat she just responds with some variation of “No you!” In a way that’s trying to sound badass but just makes her seem like a moron.

Her dialogue is awesome, it's almost totally action movie one liners and super cheesy, I love her.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

To each their own. I actually found her wit and initial suspicion of Obi-Wan pretty good writing.

But I do concur the forest chase was terrible. I mean, just stun her and save the cliches.

Ah man, they could've used the blue-ringed stun setting too, would've been :krad:.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Flea makes a surprisingly good sci-if show mini-boss.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nine-gear crow posted:

That dude is a Falleen, the same species as Prince Xizor from Shadows of the Empire. Their #1 racial characteristic is unfathomable stupidity. So this doof getting clotheslined by a branch he saw coming a mile away and still willfully ran neck-first into is completely in keeping.

Look if the rest of the show is any indication all of these people can't see past cameraman two feet in front of them. Otherwise Leia would have seen Fleia when she ran directly at him.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
George Lucas loving ruined Star Wars when he made Star Wars. I am that much of a purist.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Adventures of Luke Starkiller was so much better

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AcidCat posted:

The pedo hollywood execs will never again allow a Star War that doesn't indulge their fantasy of earning a vulnerable child's trust

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Soonmot posted:

I loving hate children but I still adored her. Like my tolerance for child actors is basically zero, how are these folks hating her? I don't get the backlash against this show, aside from the dumb child chases, I was fully invested in both episodes. This was a good Star War.

I have long since resigned myself to the internet being forever mad about Star Wars from every possible angle, legitimate criticism and unhinged grievance alike. So I'm just gonna continue doing my thing of liking it when I think it's good, laughing at it when I think it's bad, and resuming my search for a coping mechanism to deal with the fact that I once actually watched The Rise of Skywalker.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

A talking coyote posted:

Again, I'd like to think this is intentional. The Inquistors are meant to be little more than force-attuned bullies and deputized serial killers. Even their lightsabers are kitchy and meant to augment their intentional lack of skill.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Again, I'd like to think this is intentional. The Inquistors are meant to be little more than force-attuned bullies and deputized serial killers. Even their lightsabers are kitchy and meant to augment their intentional lack of skill.

Yeah, it seems like the intentional read on Reva so far is "mildly creative and incredibly dangerous idiot".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Marsupial Ape posted:

Flea makes a surprisingly good sci-if show mini-boss.

He needs to be in something post-apocalyptic, he's got a hosed energy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

He reminded me a little of Axel, from Alien: Isolation, but far more psychotic.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Axel_Fielding

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, it seems like the intentional read on Reva so far is "mildly creative and incredibly dangerous idiot".

I'm expecting Vader to ice her the moment she brings Obi Wan into close contact. Or the show could cheap out and have her remember being a Jedi and sacrifice herself facing Vader.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Brawnfire posted:

He was great in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

getting scolded by my bosses at the child murder factory for being too cruel and ruthless

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
The Inquisitor are union boys trying to keep a steady flow of jedi work and Reva is disrupting their sweet travelling gig around the outer rims

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

jisforjosh posted:

The mismatched lighting here jumped out like crazy

The green screen stuff in this show is giving me a little bit of vertigo wtf

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Jabronie posted:

The Inquisitor are union boys trying to keep a steady flow of jedi work and Reva is disrupting their sweet travelling gig around the outer rims

Hmmm yeah, she's that super motivated noob and the clockpunchers are like, get with the program, the harder you work the more they gonna expect every day. Workin this galaxy hard enough as is.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Piell posted:

Forest chase scene was so bad

That entire sequence was made-for-tv Lifetime movie bad and it stood out in a big bad way from the rest of the show. Maybe they only had a couple takes and had to work with what they had? Idk.

Aside from that, I enjoyed the episodes. Ewan is amazing. It looks pretty. I found nothing particularly wrong with Leia or the young actress that portrays her. I'm probably at a point where I don't really care about little kid acting chops nor do I fault them for what must be an immense task at that age.

My brain is still wrecked from a season of Picard though, so this looks like a sci-fi masterpiece in comparison. Gotta grade on a curve here.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Funniest thing about this tweet is that it made Brandon Bird lose his mind in the replies

Yes, THAT Brandon Bird

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Funniest thing about this tweet is that it made Brandon Bird lose his mind in the replies

Yes, THAT Brandon Bird

Who's THAT Brandon Bird?

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
How does the third sister know Anakin Skywalker is Lord vader?

She says as much. Lord vaders origin of supposed to be a secret.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mental Hospitality posted:

Ewan is amazing.

Eh I came in with this attitude too, dude is a legend, but honestly before the end of ep2 I had to face the fact he's just phoning this one in.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

AcidCat posted:

Eh I came in with this attitude too, dude is a legend, but honestly before the end of ep2 I had to face the fact he's just phoning this one in.

I can respect that. I'll reserve final judgement until the entirety of the season has played out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AcidCat posted:

I can respect that. I'll reserve final judgement until the entirety of the season has played out.

Right from the start this has always been a matter of, regardless of whether it ultimately holds any weight as a piece of artwork, Disney paying Ewan McGregor enough money to make him get over his resentment of Star Wars and come back to play Obi-Wan Kenobi again.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Yeah, mayhap I'm rushing to judgement, if they resolve Baby Leia's storyline soon I could give further episodes a chance.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes, THAT Brandon Bird

Lose his mind is an absolute stretch.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Brandon Bird?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

Lose his mind is an absolute stretch.

Yeah I think Bird has a point and would know a little something about this.

His problem was engaging on Twitter in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I love Bird and have some of his artwork, but all parties involved in that are insufferable and I blame Twitter because it loving sucks and makes people stupid.