Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

LastInLine posted:

I watched an awful lot of the 73 win regular season and I found that team to have a much better flow and ball movement than any of the Durant years where they didn't care at all until the second half if at all. I'd like to know what the assist ratio was on the teams with versus without Durant because when he was there I felt like every fourth possession was just him dribbling into a jumpshot without passing. Most of the time it was just obvious that they were head and shoulders above any other team in the league that the only question going into a game was would they bother to try. By the second Durant year I felt like they were doing something stuff like sitting people just to stave off boredom and make games more interesting and were openly talking in the media about how the biggest challenge was remembering to play basketball when every team on the schedule was inadequate competition to hold their interest.

My favorite part about the 73-win Warriors season was when the Cavaliers won the Finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Suns fans not coping well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

My favorite part about the 73-win Warriors season was when the Cavaliers won the Finals.

possibly the greatest moment in nba history

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Suns fans not coping well

this is plausible

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

possibly the greatest moment in nba history

what really saved lebron was that draymond suspension and curry playing hurt.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Dasar posted:

Dasar posted:

they were better than all those teams they beat. sorry that your fav team sucks

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
warriors fans hitting everyone with the ‘lol deal with it’ only to pull out the coveted ‘draymond suspension’ card when cornered. you’re the lowest of the low

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skipmyseashells posted:

warriors fans hitting everyone with the ‘lol deal with it’ only to pull out the coveted ‘draymond suspension’ card when cornered. you’re the lowest of the low

your whataboutism falls flat because the warriors were better than the cavs and the cavs just lucked out. better luck next time

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Dasar posted:

your whataboutism falls flat because the warriors were better than the cavs and the cavs just lucked out. better luck next time

you stink, warriors are gonna choke again without durant and you’re gonna instantly fall back to your ‘3 rings’ delusions.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

skipmyseashells posted:

don't group me in with these people

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skipmyseashells posted:

you stink, warriors are gonna choke again without durant and you’re gonna instantly fall back to your ‘3 rings’ delusions.

unlikely, so start coping now

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Dasar posted:

unlikely, so start coping now

no need when I can rewatch the 2016 finals

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

no need when I can rewatch the 2016 finals

That's cool, I'll be watching this year's finals in a big bed with my wife

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

That's cool, I'll be watching this year's finals in a big bed with my wife

no wonder you don’t know poo poo about hoops

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
go cavs. They will save us from the continued warrior presence in 2023

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
lol warriors had the worse record in the league 2 years ago

2 years ago, and they fought through adversity and fought back to the top and it makes people mad

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

ugh god it started raining and my dog got wet and he reeks

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
edit: too much hate in my heart

skipmyseashells fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 29, 2022

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

you warriors fans sure like bragging about your wives

Don't you have some tapes to watch?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
that was mean and I’m publicly apologizing, the hate should stay on the court

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dasar posted:

lebron baited him into it, that's just using everything at your disposal to win. I was pulling for the dubs that year too but I'll give credit where it's due.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

all I know is I love basketball and it is one of the few things I find joy in anymore

So I'm going to watch the games and enjoy them win or lose and just have a good time

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

LastInLine posted:

lebron baited him into it, that's just using everything at your disposal to win. I was pulling for the dubs that year too but I'll give credit where it's due.

it's exactly the type of maneuver draymond would make too if situation was mirrored. getting suspended is a skill issue.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

all I know is I love basketball and it is one of the few things I find joy in anymore

So I'm going to watch the games and enjoy them win or lose and just have a good time

Right with you.

Except I find joy in lots of stuff, usually, except basketball, which I only find joy in when my team is winning. And when they're losing I get mad as hell!!!

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Right with you.

Except I find joy in lots of stuff, usually, except basketball, which I only find joy in when my team is winning. And when they're losing I get mad as hell!!!

well I was scratching my dogs head and he groaned and got up and moved to where I couldn't reach him just now.
because I guess I was bugging him, lmao

gently caress you dog

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This Heat game is going to be empty lol. There's huge thunderstorms and rain and the roads all around the arena are going to be crazy flooded and people would rather drive and get stuck in a flood instead of taking public transit.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Here's to the Celtics in keeping the Finals alive :keke:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Here we goooooo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Let's go heat

E: they don't got it tonight :rip:

net work error fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 30, 2022

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

yeah this is not... ideal so far

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

My theory is that any time a series is just blowouts one way then the other it's usually because both teams are frauds. This isn't providing any evidence to the contrary.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

LastInLine posted:

My theory is that any time a series is just blowouts one way then the other it's usually because both teams are frauds. This isn't providing any evidence to the contrary.

It's always the favorites coming away with it. Probably should have random seeding and scheduling like NFL :sigh:

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Heats sorry.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Both of these teams look terrible

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Feels like Celtics should be up about 15

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ive been working so i haven’t been able to watch but im gonna die just looking at the score

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

ive been working so i haven’t been able to watch but im gonna die just looking at the score

You're missing out on a LOT of incredibly bad reffing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vox Nihili posted:

You're missing out on a LOT of incredibly bad reffing

i just started watching. im always up for some bad officiating

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

LMAO great three pointer there, james

Adbot