Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Buy a force staff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
drat if only there were some way that ur pos3 could stop the enemy pos5 from snowballing super hard and getting a really early blink dagger

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

causticBeet posted:

drat if only there were some way that ur pos3 could stop the enemy pos5 from snowballing super hard and getting a really early blink dagger

I think you misread him.

He as the pos3 has the blink, initiates, then gets all shamans spells cast on him getting trapped inside the wards.

The easiest solution as already said is a force staff.

Solution 2 is hit one ward twice and leave.

Solution 3 is initiate on the shaman as he's more than likely the most dangerous hero on the enemy at the start of every fight. Dude has like 7 seconds of disables that you can't purge.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I don't know why you guys are acting like Shadow Shaman doesn't have 8+ seconds of hard CC.

How do you expect someone to force staff themself out of Shackle/Hex?

He shackles you, wards spawn because he probably has Shard, shackle wears off, he hexes you. Enjoy getting spit on.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Lotus orb, phase boots can walk you out of them. Also you may not be able to initiate on a good shaman without some picks or a smoke.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
It's a tough example to grapple with because the original scenario was "I blink in and do my thing and then BKB wears off and I get CCed" and that's just kinda how Dota works, yeah.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

True, yea, if we're already assuming you have BKB.... Well, pick your initiations better.

It's kinda like the Silencers who throw Global because they're about to die and don't want to Not Use It. Sometimes its better to just hold it / not Blink in.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Maybe play an easier hero for a bit and focus on game sense? Like teach yourself to keep track of where the enemies are and who has/hasn't shown recently. It sounds like you're picking bad targets because you don't realize there's going to be a whole team waiting for you to initiate.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Corla Plankun posted:

Maybe play an easier hero for a bit and focus on game sense? Like teach yourself to keep track of where the enemies are and who has/hasn't shown recently. It sounds like you're picking bad targets because you don't realize there's going to be a whole team waiting for you to initiate.

this is wrong. slam pick your poo poo and flame your team, or else you're a p*ssy

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Sab669 posted:

I don't know why you guys are acting like Shadow Shaman doesn't have 8+ seconds of hard CC.

How do you expect someone to force staff themself out of Shackle/Hex?

He shackles you, wards spawn because he probably has Shard, shackle wears off, he hexes you. Enjoy getting spit on.

That would be problematic except SS is a 270 base movespeed squishy support who's long disable is a channeled ability. Where's the other 4 members of your team who can either stun or right click the SS to make him stop, unless your just afk pushing a lane or something and he jumps you and in that case its fair game IMO.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Depending on the actual situation it might even be desirable to force the enemy support to drop every single spell they have into you, because it means hopefully someone else on your team is free to act and get more in return. It's always a dicey proposition to hope someone else wants to slay, tho.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

I wish there was a way to queue up AGI power treads on purpose. Feels like I waste so much time manually picking out the agi item every game.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

I wish there was a way to queue up AGI power treads on purpose. Feels like I waste so much time manually picking out the agi item every game.

You can switch between the three power tread stats freely after you buy them though? Don't need to buy the "agi version" specifically...

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

bovis posted:

You can switch between the three power tread stats freely after you buy them though? Don't need to buy the "agi version" specifically...

Sometimes it's better to build up with the agi item though.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah they specifically mean just queuing it up in quickbuy with the agi item instead of the str item, which I thought they addressed in the spring cleaning update but I must be mistaken

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Yeah! Queuing it up in quick buy and also having the shop understand that i don't need to buy the belt if i already have the band. I've been only playing weaver lately to try to learn more gamesense and I almost never prefer hp over damage in the laning stage.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Man I like neutral items but I really wish people wouldn't make it such a federal issue if you don't want to use the one they think you should be using

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I still forget to equip a neutral item a lot because they were added during a period where I wasn't playing. Seems to happen more when we're winning because I'm so busy doing poo poo trying to make sure we keep winning.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Geight posted:

Man I like neutral items but I really wish people wouldn't make it such a federal issue if you don't want to use the one they think you should be using

same unless the item you're not taking is flicker because that item is too good

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Flicker is too good but if you gotta twist somebody's arm to make em take it they're probably not gonna use the active anyways

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Tier 5 has some real goofy but cool items, but I'm still bitter that the necro book is out and the book of the dead is a tier 5.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

its weird to me that they removed necrobook presumably for being the main balancing factor for the 4 zoo heroes in the game but then blink dagger exists and is required to make like half the strength heroes work at all

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Necro was too powerful. I remember winning a shitload with Sniper 4 by just rushing Necro and using it to both dominate lane and farm.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

With the Major concluded and TI locale announced we are officially in the Battle Pass waiting room phase of Dota

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Aren't we still waiting on hats from last year's BP?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I see a lot of requests for Faceless Void's arcana but they seem to have moved away from arcanas that you can just buy individually and instead put them all as battle pass rewards, which is another point of contention with the community.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
battle pass is cringe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Durrrr love my horse armror and mini game. Grow up

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Without a number going up or a bar to fill, is it even gaming?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Okay but have you considered funny hats?

I'm still salty I missed naked Axe

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Smythe posted:

Durrrr love my horse armror and mini game. Grow up

ty 4 you're wisdom Mike "Bubbles" Smythe

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
it's not horse armor if it turns your hero's horse into a dog or tiger or chicken though

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the best skin is ogre's jakiro costume

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

the best skin is ogre's jakiro costume

Followed closely by the ogre beach set.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
so i tried to hop back in this nightmare but sat in queue for 10 minutes before loving off and doing something else

us w/e, peru and english/spanish were selected wtf is that queue time normal now?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
What mode? Ranked is usually pretty fast unless you queue safelane only. I don’t really know about other modes, but I imagine NA unranked (nonturbo) is pretty slow.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Goast posted:

so i tried to hop back in this nightmare but sat in queue for 10 minutes before loving off and doing something else

us w/e, peru and english/spanish were selected wtf is that queue time normal now?

Do you have a terrible behavior score?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Goast posted:

2 minute queue for me right now, both US regions but English only for Unranked.

Did you queue when you posted this morning, or was that last night? I'd expect super early Sunday morning to be longer. Especially for a holiday weekend too

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

My queue times are usually pretty short whether it's ranked or not (USW/USE) but I've noticed when I have games where one or more players are straight-up sociopaths it's one where the post-game screen says highly-varied behavior score and that at least one person was waiting 10-15 minutes in queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'd kill for some kind of ability to dodge Highly Varied games. Like lock it behind DOTA+ I don't care, I'll pay it lol