Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Am I missing something here? Why do people keep referring to the act of hanging a swastika flag on your house as 'sly'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

crispix posted:

or really likes the idea of being in a hot, cramped container under the sea with sweaty, muscly german seamen
dont threaten me with a good time

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Given the way things are going, because at least they're not hanging a partisan on their house.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Guavanaut posted:

Given the way things are going, because at least they're not hanging a partisan on their house.

No but Jakabite is right, hanging a literal WW2 German flag is well past brazen and accelerating towards “gently caress you”.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If I had any money that wasn't being spent on energy bills, I would bet that it's a milhist wonk who is hoping someone knocks on his door so he can 'well actually' his way to owning them with facts and logic.

Or they're away for the week and their 4chan edgelord teenager has done it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
how flammable are flags generally, we talking something that could go up from a lighter or would it take something more heavy-duty

just asking questions

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Who knew? The Jammeister has an older brother who isn't Piers!
Apparently he has 4 brothers.

David used to be a Concorde engineer.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
My grandfather worked on concorde, but from clearing out the house he seems to have spent most of that time stealing aluminium.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Angepain posted:

how flammable are flags generally, we talking something that could go up from a lighter or would it take something more heavy-duty

just asking questions

Well-made flags are very hard to burn for safety reasons.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I bet the house it's attached to is flammable though

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

endlessmonotony posted:

Well-made flags are very hard to burn for safety reasons.

Never Forget

https://twitter.com/iampetmutton/status/1508189473317732360

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

fuctifino posted:

We're going to have to change all the signpost distances from km to miles.

That'll put a dent in the unemployment figures.

Though of course it'll be farmed out to some rich Tory benefactor's shell company with the actual work done by poor sods on zero-hours contracts who have to change 72 signs per hour to avoid financial penalties.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It'll be done by slaves of whoever the UK has an extant trade relationship with, so ... North Korea?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Oates27/status/1530808645394567169

He's removed all references to honesty, integrity, transparency & accountability.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jakabite posted:

Am I missing something here? Why do people keep referring to the act of hanging a swastika flag on your house as 'sly'?

Good point. It's definitely way more blatant than the 88/Celtic Cross/Runes/Lions + Union Jack stuff. I suppose it's 'sly' in the sense that you can predict that they're leaving themselves the deniability of "It's just symbolising the sinking of the Bismarck...you lot see Nazis everywhere [has a literal Nazi battle flag outside their house]".

Of course the question would be why are they marking the sinking of the Bismarck, not the Battle of the Denmark Straight a few days before when Hood was lost with virtually all hands? :magemage:

Although the modern British fascist often seem to the weird sort to proudly fly a White Ensign and Support The Troops and be obsessed with WW2 and British naval history while also wanting to fly a Kreigsmarine flag and supporting the ideology that Britain was fighting against.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hitler saluting a Churchill statue to own the wokes.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Did he actually have to bother changing the ministerial code to Avoid Consequences? Seems to me he could have just ignored the code anyway?

Unless he plans to take questions from the press and go "uhm actually the code, if you take a look at it, heh, means we don't have to resign if we lie so everything's good"

Surely better to just insist "I didn't lie, THE MATTER IS SETTLED" every time, no?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

He's thinking about next time.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jakabite posted:

Hanging a WW1 flag is the actual common sly move. 'Oh dear me I thought this was a WW1 flag and didn't know what the swastika implied, my bad' is what I personally was thinking of as sly here, which is dumb as rocks but well a lot of Nazis are dumb as rocks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Did he actually have to bother changing the ministerial code to Avoid Consequences? Seems to me he could have just ignored the code anyway?

Unless he plans to take questions from the press and go "uhm actually the code, if you take a look at it, heh, means we don't have to resign if we lie so everything's good"

Surely better to just insist "I didn't lie, THE MATTER IS SETTLED" every time, no?

He doesn't plan to take questions from the press. Or from anyone else. As was, there was an obligation to at least go through the motions of investigation when he did something criminal, even if we all knew that the verdict would be that no action would be taken. Now, there isn't. He can do what he wants, when he wants, and if anyone asks about it he can tell them to gently caress off or even arrest them for prying into private government business.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1530816496825409536

He also denied that Boris has watered down the ministerial code.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

i see the theme for twitters garbage fire today, and will be going for a walk instead

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

i see the theme for twitters garbage fire today, and will be going for a walk instead

There are nuggets of gold in there. CWS has been punching hard lately

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1530850403918786560

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

josh04 posted:

He's thinking about next time.
https://twitter.com/HarryYorke1/status/1530804555096768513?t=YhTWNk4Ibxm5Fff_dZ-Hsw&s=19
(Whole thread is worth reading)

Corrupt you say? And what about the independent inquiry?

Corrupt you say?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/schneiderhome/status/1529162414616354821?s=20&t=I1Dv7jjgKYiJ4eyrwuadBA

But we must show wage restraint.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
God it's like opposite-world V for Vendetta. (R for Regina?)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fuctifino posted:

He's removed all references to honesty, integrity, transparency & accountability.

Which paradoxically makes him the most honest politician.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

This is a practice run for when she carks it.

We will see horrors hitherto unknown.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Have a rather better jubbly use of those weird celeb masks.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/HarryYorke1/status/1530804558909390848?t=SUA3w7w86nkR_wfPq_ne4g&s=19

"Specific term" for 2 male friends.....

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Spit roast?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lungboy posted:

"the most dangerous game is upstairs"

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it was said somewhere before that she calls her clique of male friends 'the gays'

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Honourable members

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Lungboy posted:

Ant and Dec :catstare:

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Barry and Paul, and that's how she got a ladder in her tights.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Bulls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Isomermaid posted:

Barry and Paul, and that's how she got a ladder in her tights.

Gives a whole new meaning for "to me, to you"