Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I NEED to see the Salamanders rules....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Buschmaki posted:

the legion rules are being previewed in legion number order so Salamanders will be Tuesday next week (provided they don't skip monday due to the holiday)

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Hell yeah

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
as an aside I really like how the (playtest) rules for loyalist Alpha Legion are very clearly not.

you get bonus vp for getting your loyalist allied detachment killed

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Der Waffle Mous posted:

as an aside I really like how the (playtest) rules for loyalist Alpha Legion are very clearly not.

you get bonus vp for getting your loyalist allied detachment killed

I think all the characters can be used by either traitors or loyalists too. Hydra Dominatus.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buschmaki posted:

Since you asked nicely

https://imgur.io/a/rOTjbG2

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Thousand Sons
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/26/legions-of-the-horus-heresy-the-thousand-sons-know-more-than-you/

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm still undecided as to which legion to start with. Part of it is determining what playstyle I want, and part of it is that I'm undecided as to which side. Why?

gently caress the Emperor, and

gently caress the Chaos Gods. Seriously, these are our options?

Come play Night Lords m’lerd. Their legion trait is pretty good but we still haven’t seen the final legion reaction.

They’re extremely traitorous; the first captain Sevatar coined the battle cry Death to the False Emperor. They never formally worshipped or followed chaos.
The color scheme and fluff own (we’re disgusting cowards) and the Night Lord trilogy written by ADB is some of the best Warhammer fiction in existence.

Hixson fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 26, 2022

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Hixson posted:

the Night Lord trilogy written by ADB is some of the best Warhammer fiction in existence.

Now that I recently decided on Night Lords, I think I have to get those books.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Agree that the Night Lords trilogy is great, even if the principal characters start increasingly telling anyone and everyone to stop whining as the series goes on.

By the third book it felt like every 1st Claw member said "spare me your whining" every third or fourth page.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Night lords whine a lot, huh weird

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
All this whining inspired me so I drew my favorite members of first claw

Do we have any idea on if little boxes are going to be released alongside the new big box? I'd want to do a kill team of Mk 6s but I don't think I want a whole army of them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nancy posted:

All this whining inspired me so I drew my favorite members of first claw

Do we have any idea on if little boxes are going to be released alongside the new big box? I'd want to do a kill team of Mk 6s but I don't think I want a whole army of them.

Knowing GW's release schedules probably a little later after the initial box.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Nancy posted:

I'm worried that the transfer sheets and new upgrade kits will release the same time as the box set. Which means I will be able to pick up the box set on release day and wait for the transfers and shoulders to arrive from GW later. :(

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Yeah, I mean I have to buy the main set and leave the heads and pads off until some dude on Ali Express makes the legion specific ones cheap

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
What's a good cape color for DG? I did mine in green because I was real dumb a few years ago, apparently, and I'm not happy.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

What's a good cape color for DG? I did mine in green because I was real dumb a few years ago, apparently, and I'm not happy.

Purple, Crimson, Black (not true black), in no particular order.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Now for the stars of the whole show, the Sons of Horus
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/27/legions-of-the-horus-heresy-the-sons-of-horus-are-the-real-first-legion/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Probably a dumb question since there's no real "meta" or anything for this game, but do any of the forgeworld vehicles stand out as particularly good or bad? They're all so expensive that I really don't want to waste my money.

The Sabre Strike Tank looks cool, and I also like some of the Sicaran variants, but dropping that much money on a single model that's not, like, a centerpiece of my army makes me cautious.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Wait for the final version of the rules if you want to be safe

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mango Polo posted:

Wait for the final version of the rules if you want to be safe

I mean, they're out, pages got posted a few posts ago.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

JcDent posted:

Depends on the armor color but I did mine with red contrast.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I mean, they're out, pages got posted a few posts ago.

Those are play test rules. The final ones are slowly leaking and there’s still things changing.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Does anyone have a suggestion on what a good color will be for that somewhat maroon Word Bearer red? All of my test models keep coming out just a bit too red and not maroon enough.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

goodness posted:

Depends on the armor color but I did mine with red contrast.

Mine are more white, but yeah, thanks for the input, goons.

Also, weird how the SoH LA is... get hurt less for the turn you charged/got charged? Not very ganger wolfpack of them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone have a suggestion on what a good color will be for that somewhat maroon Word Bearer red? All of my test models keep coming out just a bit too red and not maroon enough.

Had a look on my desk and Blood Red from Scale75 might be good, and Burnt Red or Hull Red from Vallejo but the vallejo colours might be leaning too far into brown though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
If you want Citadel stuff, Barak Nar Burgundy and Gal Vorbak Red are great colors, the former being darker/a tad more purple than the latter.

There’s also Word Bearers Red, but it’s brighter.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

ijyt posted:

Had a look on my desk and Blood Red from Scale75 might be good, and Burnt Red or Hull Red from Vallejo but the vallejo colours might be leaning too far into brown though.

Hull Red or Black Red from Vallejo make a really great first coat to build Citadel’s Khorne Red on top of, makes it really rich

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've continued to whittle down my list of potential starting Legions. It is currently:

White Scars
World Eaters
Thousand Suns
Word Bearers
Salamanders
Alpha Legion

And a potential "The Loyalist Side of Istvaan" soup list, but that may be later.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Play, World Eaters

Anyway here’s all the legion rules

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Pinwiz11 posted:

I've continued to whittle down my list of potential starting Legions. It is currently:

White Scars
World Eaters
Thousand Suns
Word Bearers
Salamanders
Alpha Legion

And a potential "The Loyalist Side of Istvaan" soup list, but that may be later.

Oh hey that's kind of similar to mine, but only remove World Eaters & Word Bearers and add Space Wolves. That's partially because I got a Burning of Prospero box set a while back.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh hey that's kind of similar to mine, but only remove World Eaters & Word Bearers and add Space Wolves. That's partially because I got a Burning of Prospero box set a while back.

Space Wolves look to be very good, if you can get over the requisite shame of being a furry.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Looks like they added a new section to the GW webstore

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

AnEdgelord posted:

Looks like they added a new section to the GW webstore

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy

I'm betting, they will announce tomorrow that the box will be up for pre-order on the 4th.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I'm kind of interested in this; while I've never dabbled in 30k/HH-era stuff before, after seeing some of the unboxing and preview videos for the new boxed set, it's definitely piqued my interest.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I'm betting, they will announce tomorrow that the box will be up for pre-order on the 4th.

Yup. Up for preorder on the 4th; two-week preorder period, launch on the 18th.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
3 weeks

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
oh sweet, they're releasing the IF and SoH upgrade kits right away, rumors had them coming out in september

Now I don't have to choose between getting the army out faster or looking cooler

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Wow, I'm impressed with just HOW many things will be up for pre-order. Glad to see the Mk III come in 20 man boxes + dice? Shiiiiit. That's gonna be an expensive weekend FML

Has anyone been able to confirm the price of the main box?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Wow, I'm impressed with just HOW many things will be up for pre-order. Glad to see the Mk III come in 20 man boxes + dice? Shiiiiit. That's gonna be an expensive weekend FML

Has anyone been able to confirm the price of the main box?

Nothing I've heard.

I still think it'll be at the same price point as Ash Wastes. It's a huge box and they said "Under $300 USD" an Ash Wastes is $299.