Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Any idea when the VOD from this will go up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

the escape goat posted:

doesn’t make it less scary when it does happen, fucksake

that wasn't my point at all but ok??

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Lamuella posted:

Any idea when the VOD from this will go up?

It's up now!
https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1530853390246461442?s=20&t=LNWEvWe6Zp1Fommz1dfaww

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
https://twitter.com/EarlySteel/status/1530970005415743488?s=20&t=iCygbJXppS2-fQfrvWjCmw

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

how was the GCW show i was too tired to watch it?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wesofficialtv/status/1531627121793290240?s=21&t=D7b2XLDVPu-5fm80oKihag

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Some talent have already pulled out and one is telling people to get a refund.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Pylons posted:

Some talent have already pulled out and one is telling people to get a refund.

Adam is controlling his narrative once again

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

lmao what they were supposed to have Overeem do a match?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well the story of it was that she decided to stay out late to avoid the alcoholic guy who lives on their property who she's annoyed with because of their weird interaction the other day. stays out after work and misses the last train. she walks home and there are some weirdos looking at her and it gets tense. then she hears beer bottles rattling around in a bag behind her like always happens down that road. they don't have to walk together or say anything but some of the fear and tension is eased enough that they can continue on like that down the road home. it's a fine scene

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1531645912338006017

loving incredible

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1532816908642287616

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Seriously? That’s Dante Martin, Daniel Garcia, and Lee Moriarty all on the same card. None of them fighting jobbers, either. Spoil me, why don’t you, DEFY.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I... might have to start driving down to Seattle for Defy shows. :stare:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Defy seems like a new and better PWG

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

They’ve got a solid core with a couple of really good wrestlers in it, plus good relations with NJPW and AEW so most shows have someone exciting on the card. Also a really hot crowd. The long term storytelling suffers a bit because it’s not like Mox or Cobb is gonna lose, but the shows are always a ton of fun.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

KungFu Grip posted:

No it doesn't, it doesn't take 3-6 months for their shows to come out, impossible to be the new PWG without that.

(Also despite not having much hype on here, what little I've seen of PWG since the return has been as good as US indie wrestling gets in TYOOL 2021)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
How was the Tournament of Survival?

I won't be able to watch it for a few days but just looking at how it was overall

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
between progress sss 16, nxt ppv, and gcw tournament of survival and a cage match show back to back, it is a stacked weekend of no one giving a flying gently caress about what used to be some of the hottest promotions in the world

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

between progress sss 16, nxt ppv, and gcw tournament of survival and a cage match show back to back, it is a stacked weekend of no one giving a flying gently caress about what used to be some of the hottest promotions in the world

That's a good point.

I'm not sad about Progress and NXT being irrelevant now, but I am disappointed at how GCW became boring following the end of the 44OH and Nick Gage feud.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SalTheBard posted:

How was the Tournament of Survival?

I won't be able to watch it for a few days but just looking at how it was overall
Excellent. All of the tournament matches were strong without being samey/repetitive or overstaying their welcomes. If you've been into GCW death match stuff lately, then it's well worth going out of your way to watch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want you to take the mantle of big dave but it's going to be hard if you only post this often and with this much vigor.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

PROGRESS is a 20 minute journey from my house and had Morrison vs Jack Evans and I still couldn’t find anyone to go with me. They’ve burned through all their good will

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's a shame, especially since they announced last night that Takeshita was doing a show for them soon. I remember the Will Ospreay vs Jimmy Havoc (feat. Paul Robinson) feud (which holy poo poo started 8 years ago) to be great even if Jimmy couldn't back up his character work with ring work

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iig3WbPUSf0

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
^removed, whatever it was

here, have a surfboard precariously perched between two ladders:

https://twitter.com/withjohners_pod/status/1533110175330144258?s=20&t=2c4O6ElG-bFLed1o6mTzkg

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

ToS was the most fun GCW show I've ever been to, an absolute blast.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

For the record, this was Itoh vs. Yamashita.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Big Dave posted:

ToS was the most fun GCW show I've ever been to, an absolute blast.

I watched the first 4 tournament matches and GODDAMN what a show. Radrick vs Parker might be one of my favorite matches period. It was so good!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/takesoup/status/1534009037095944193?s=21&t=a57afDzerugn9kxBysfwrA

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

davidbix posted:

Excellent. All of the tournament matches were strong without being samey/repetitive or overstaying their welcomes. If you've been into GCW death match stuff lately, then it's well worth going out of your way to watch.

Holy poo poo you were not kidding.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

That's what happens when you book your promotion into oblivion and try to ignore the growing number of accusations against your roster.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just got sick of paying money and hoping I got a good GCW show instead of 30 minutes of "no signal from venue". I just go check out whatever people recommend now instead of trying to keep up.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Miyu vs Maki at Prestige got re-uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMHArgxniAY

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

It's FTR being managed by Bret Hart day! :woop: :woop:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/wrestleprestige/status/1536841539254509568?s=21&t=B9wKHl_els9vagme8dWPog

Soup Boy making his way to Cascadia, hell yeah

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
lmao apparently nZo lost a trademark battle because MLW bleeped every reference to his name this week and now he's just called "Real1".

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Man my local group is putting on a banger next week. They just announced Akira vs Gary Jay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

lmao apparently nZo lost a trademark battle because MLW bleeped every reference to his name this week and now he's just called "Real1".

Genuinely surprised that enough people watch MLW for them to have to give a gently caress about anyones copyrights