Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I made 'oh God what's in the fridge better use it before it goes bad' fried rice.

Peas, cherry tomatoes, some pork breakfast sausage and chicken drumsticks. Half a stick of butter and a half carton of chicken broth. Didn't have day old rice so I had to make it fresh and freeze it for a bit on a sheet pan.

Came out nice and crispy. I felt like I was on Chopped. I haven't really cooked in awhile I forgot how fun it can really be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

EightFlyingCars posted:

Threw together a red lentil dal, it's kinda wild how quickly it comes together in a pressure cooker. nothing special with the spices, just some curry spice blend, a blend of ground peppers, and some chicken bouillon powder. ezpz

MMmmmm. Lentils.

I made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUUuJJRgUmM

Spanish lentil stew. Easy, cheap, filling and healthy. Might add some meat next time but I think a fried egg on top would work just as well.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I ordered a pizza from what I thought was my favorite place. I rarely get them because they're more expensive. My friend came over which is rare and it's his birthday in 3 days so eh, let's go all out. I got their specialty "White" pizza. Alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, garlic, fresh mushrooms, fresh spinach, mozzarella cheese. 8 hot wings and some cheesy bread. After a 20% tip and delivery fee it was loving $70.

The pizza was terrible. Chicken way overcooked and stringy, mushrooms and spinach were dried out, the sauce was ok but a bit grainy. One thing they got right was the crust. It's usually really floppy which is another reason I don't get it often but this time it was pretty solid. It was very lukewarm. The wings were pretty bad which I wasn't expecting. They made their own sauce and it had some heat but no flavor and it was kind of like a tomato paste consistency. The cheesy bread was pretty good though.

I'm not satisfied with this. :colbert:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Red beans and rice except I had no andouille so I used bacon. And I was almost out of red beans so I used black and white as well.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I ate spaggetios.
:negative:

I am weak.

The spouse came home with it, they had a cursed hankering.

I must flaggellate and rub the finest spices in my wounds to atone.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

DicktheCat posted:

I ate spaggetios.
:negative:

I am weak.

The spouse came home with it, they had a cursed hankering.

I must flaggellate and rub the finest spices in my wounds to atone.

The spouse shared spaghettios with you. You are loved, if perhaps by a person who doesn't cook. Rejoice.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had Spaghettio's a few nights ago.

It happens to the best of us.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Just made risotto. Turned out pretty good.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I made carrot fritters in my air fryer and ate them with some roasted garlic onion jam and they were great

Oh, and a sausage

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

oh yeah

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

shakshuka, harissa-style chicken breast (no skewers, obviously), and a flatbread

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Cheesy fajita tacos with pork and brisket tacos. They were both good but the pork won hands down. With a side of esquites and a helles lager.

“Spouse Like a House” ice cream in a dipped waffle cone for dessert.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
A bunch of random vegetables from the fridge were pan fried in olive oil while I baked some freezer spring rolls.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I made Lasagna Soup after seeing it mentioned in the thread but I used real italian sausage and just found a similar recipe online. It was good but it wasn't like amazing.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Hollismason posted:

I made Lasagna Soup after seeing it mentioned in the thread but I used real italian sausage and just found a similar recipe online. It was good but it wasn't like amazing.

I take offense to this post

Edit: I brought it up. Idk probably has a lot to do with my eating a lot of frozen lasagna dinners as a child. At least it was good!

nexous fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 30, 2022

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That avatar should have the occasional shock-flash to her mugshot

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

nexous posted:

I take offense to this post

It was good , but it wasn't amazing the recipe I used was fairly simple , but It didn't call for enough liquid and it was more like Lasagna Stew. If I make it again I'd probably add more fluid.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Vegetable curry made from just whatever stuff I already had in my house. I sprinkled some sesame seeds on it because I'm fancy.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Tonkatsu, rice and air fried okra

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Got some spinach/aged gouda/chicken sausage from the bucher gonna have those on some pasta tossed in oil and vinegar with some roast broc on the side yee

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Nooner posted:

Got some spinach/aged gouda/chicken sausage from the bucher gonna have those on some pasta tossed in oil and vinegar with some roast broc on the side yee

:getin:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

buffalo chicken pete. that's blue cheese dressing

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

Big mac and I poured a bunch of honey mustard onto it cause I'm a bad bad boi.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

drat that’s some good eatin’ :hai:

Justa Dandelion posted:

Big mac and I poured a bunch of honey mustard onto it cause I'm a bad bad boi.

This is not

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The classic Big Mac is still probably my favorite fast food item.

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

Imo whopper w/ cheese takes that. But also McChickens with sweet and sour sauce are p delightful.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

last night i made some fish in a coconut curry sauce and it kicked rear end

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Justa Dandelion posted:

Imo whopper w/ cheese takes that. But also McChickens with sweet and sour sauce are p delightful.

It's rare when I get something at McDonald's and don't get a McChicken on the side.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It was a Wingstop and beer night

runchild
May 26, 2010

Bacon, eggs, cheese, and homemade chipotle cream cheese on a bagel.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Had a salad and then I made some Buffalo wings. The sauce could have been a bit more vinegary, but otherwise good. And there's leftovers for tomorrow.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Left over lasagna which I think personally Left over lasagna tastes better than freshly made lasagna. I had enough to have some left over for tomorrow as well so I'mma eat that as well.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Porkchop (not doug's dog!!!!) with roast carrots and parsnips

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.
Stir fried miso pork, miso soup, rice, and broccoli.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Dairy Queen cookie dough shake, medium size (watching my figure!)

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
7 spinach and mozzarella raviolis from costco with some pesto

tomorrow i'm coaching a track meet so I'm gonna have snack bar burgers made by some kid's dad. some parents are good cooks. The best Italian food I've ever had in my life was at a high school wrestling tournament in Staten Island.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

7 spinach and mozzarella raviolis from costco with some pesto

tomorrow i'm coaching a track meet so I'm gonna have snack bar burgers made by some kid's dad. some parents are good cooks. The best Italian food I've ever had in my life was at a high school wrestling tournament in Staten Island.

Is it weird that I remember you posting about the wrestling meat Italian food from another thread?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Beastie posted:

Is it weird that I remember you posting about the wrestling meat Italian food from another thread?

Nah its a weird place to find the best Italian food.

Also they do not really make burgers at high school sport things as much these days cuz a box of patties is like 50 bucks. They get subs and resell them.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Nah its a weird place to find the best Italian food.

Also they do not really make burgers at high school sport things as much these days cuz a box of patties is like 50 bucks. They get subs and resell them.

Truly the golden age is past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

Found a place near me that does a California burrito (last week’s was while I was on vacation in the titular state).

Mmmmm carbs.