Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thanks Ants posted:

They pitted Leclerc twice - once really late to put him on inters at which point Red Bull had made the undercut work and put Perez in the lead. Then they had to pit him again five minutes later when it became obvious slicks were the way to go. Sainz stayed out on full wets and went straight to slicks.

It was very funny when Sainz's engineer tried to put him on inters and he had to explain that they'd left it to late and they needed to put him straight onto slicks. Ferrari drivers have to be better strategists than their own team to have any hope.

e: it is amazing that they have two of the best drivers, probably the best car, but keep loving up because no one at ferrari has apparently watched an F1 race and understood how tyres work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It was very funny when Sainz's engineer tried to put him on inters and he had to explain that they'd left it to late and they needed to put him straight onto slicks. Ferrari drivers have to be better strategists than their own team to have any hope.

e: it is amazing that they have two of the best drivers, probably the best car, but keep loving up because no one at ferrari has apparently watched an F1 race and understood how tyres work.

Its called Italian Passion 🤌

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Deltasquid posted:

Didn't have time to watch the race. For sure thought Charles had this one in the bag, barring a DNF. how the gently caress did he drop to 4th place while Sainz stayed 2nd? Pit stop chicanery, I am sure, but *how* ?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Ferrari are dumber than Martin Brundle

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol scudiarrhea ferrari

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Dirk Pitt posted:

The fix is in against Perez

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
If Red Bull has to win then at least it was Checo, but god drat, Ferrari. How the hell do you turn a 1-2 into a 2-4 with the guy on pole in fourth? Other than apparently planning your race strategy using a ZX Spectrum F1 management game from 1983.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Payndz posted:

If Red Bull has to win then at least it was Checo, but god drat, Ferrari. How the hell do you turn a 1-2 into a 2-4 with the guy on pole in fourth? Other than apparently planning your race strategy using a ZX Spectrum F1 management game from 1983.

The only reason it wasn't worse is that Sainz refused to let the pit clowns screw him over and made his own call.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Does he have an onlyfans?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Deltasquid posted:

Didn't have time to watch the race. For sure thought Charles had this one in the bag, barring a DNF. how the gently caress did he drop to 4th place while Sainz stayed 2nd? Pit stop chicanery, I am sure, but *how* ?

Not so much pit stop chicanery as it was pit stop buffoonery.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGJhAyoF9-I

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Loling at Nando causing a colossal train and dragging his rear end to a 40 second deficit on Lando. Hamilton's radio really didn't want to tell him just how hosed the grid was at that point.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Payndz posted:

The 2nd revision of the ZX Spectrum Next is due sometime halfway through 2023 now, thanks to covid and XILINX, so they had to work with what they had :v:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Loling at Nando causing a colossal train and dragging his rear end to a 40 second deficit on Lando. Hamilton's radio really didn't want to tell him just how hosed the grid was at that point.

Nando back looked like a W Series race

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Remember that time Latifi drove straight into the barrier

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

On the formation lap.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Remember that time Lance Stroll drove straight into the barrier

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

lol scudiarrhea ferrari

New thread title.

This Lando fellow deserves a better car than that papaya turd. Smart racer, doesn’t need engineer whispering everything in his ear.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dAjcdkg1dY

Bit late with this, unless it was already posted.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

marshalljim posted:

I agree. And when they inevitably go completely to poo poo and hand the championship to Max, I will enjoy screaming "I KNEW IT".

I looked up was essere means in Italian and I think I finally get what it means to be a Ferrari fan. And they somehow are in on it.

#essereFerrari

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Checo rulez

also bring back the drat PLC so I at least have good odds of seeing the action happen even if it’s on a smaller box to the side

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Custard Undies posted:

this is phenomenal work

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

spaceblancmange posted:

lol scudiarrhea ferrari

Failrari*

Custard Undies posted:

Just make the whole next season of Drive to Survive this guy recapping every race.

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 30, 2022

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Ferrari are dumber than Martin Brundle

lets not say things we regret by the next grid-walk... he is one dumb motherfucker

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I had the worst food poisoning of my life today. Shittin and puking all over the place. Where do I submit my resume to be the new strategy guy for Ferrari?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Peak Ferrari strategy. They Ferrari’s themselves out of a win.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it's funny that the team has hosed shartlechair directly out of winning at his home Grand Prix two times in a row now lol

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

it's funny that the team has hosed shartlechair directly out of winning at his home Grand Prix two times in a row now lol

I thought last year was peak ferrari

"Oh, you mean we should have checked the gear box that just received a massive side-ways hit. We thought we just needed to check the tires"

but this year is loving fantastic...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Russian Bear posted:

New thread title.

This Lando fellow deserves a better car than that papaya turd. Smart racer, doesn’t need engineer whispering everything in his ear.

Excuse me, McLaren own

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I want to drive for a race winning Formula 1 team

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMDpPJC5mIg

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Just caught up with the thread after yesterdays awesome Monaco race and there has been some quality posting let me say.

Hey guys, more like LeCrap if you know what I mean fellas :smug:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Just caught up with the thread after yesterdays awesome Monaco race and there has been some quality posting let me say.

Hey guys, more like LeCrap if you know what I mean fellas :smug:

To be fair, this was 100% Ferarri and 0% Charles

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
My statement still stands

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

LochNessMonster posted:

To be fair, this was 100% Ferarri and 0% Charles

Yeah it's funny because Charles did nothing wrong all race.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I wonder if Sharl will start making more of his own tire calls now like Sainz does.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

marshalljim posted:

I wonder if Sharl will start making more of his own tire calls now like Sainz does.

He's got nothing to lose

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I had a brief moment of "Sainz you idiot what are you doing, the team can see more than you, why are you making tyre calls" but then I quickly remembered that he drives for Ferrari and listening to your team only applies to non-Ferrari drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Mercedes: we are the kings of loving up strategies

Ferrari: hold my beer