Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Yeah, he's saying the true hero is the Traditional Mother who is Protecting the Children.

The Traditional Mother will destroy all forms of degeneration with purifying violence. This is good and right. Let the image of this unblemished, pure, righteous, (white, cis, christian, conservative) mother guide your decisions.

It's fascism, which is first and foremost an aesthetic.

"I am Iron Pill", one might say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

He also let us not forget never ever draws a woman of different body shape, Traditional Mother better not let any weight go to her thighs if she knows what's good for her.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

By popular demand posted:

He also let us not forget never ever draws a woman of different body shape, Traditional Mother better not let any weight go to her thighs if she knows what's good for her.

What? He has such varied cast, like the kindly old grandma, and all of the preschool girls who represent what he thinks women think.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Reading that twitlonger about Sinfest and seeing the whole thing compressed like that is something else. The sexbots went from poor and exploited sexworkers that need to be saved to "well they're woke now so gently caress them"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

god help her if she ever gets a piercing or a slightly unconventional haircut

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1530695981578309634

And with bonus horny twitter:

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1530959324742397952

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

This might actually be the only cartoon to depict sensible letter choices in a game of wordle! He starts with the most common letters (k being a bit of an outlier, mind), then mixes up the position of the yellows while also guessing new letters and not repeating duds. Not exactly the choices I'd go for but still commendable.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

JELLYFISH HAVE MORE OF A BACKBONE THAN BIDEN

After the massacre in Uvalde, Joe immediately and despicably called for common sense gun control. What does ‘common sense’ mean in this case? Anything the Democrats want it to mean. We know the globalists who pull Joe’s strings want to see American citizens disarmed.

There are plenty of suspicious evidence behind nearly all the mass shootings. Sandy Hook included. Did the FBI have knowledge in advance? Could there have been CIA mind control? Funny how there are always more mass shooting events under Democrat leadership.

Regardless, Joe does not want to let a good crisis go to waste. He wants to use such events to seize even more of our freedom. He’d rather give $40 billion to a corrupt leader in Ukraine than spend that money fortifying public schools.

Joe talked about how we needed to grow a backbone and stand up the gun lobby and the NRA. In other words, people from the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave need to get more brave and take away freedom. Of course, ’take Putin out’ Joe shows no backbone whatsoever when it comes to standing up against war and its funding by means of endless billions of taxpayer dollars. That kind of mass killing from guns is certainly A-OK with ol’ backbone Joe.

The popular online philosopher Stefan Molyneux once talked about gun control and made this excellent point:

“If you are for gun control, then you are not against guns, because guns will be needed to disarm people. So it’s not that you are anti-gun. You’ll need the police’s guns to take away other people’s guns. So you’re very pro-gun—you just believe that only the government (which is, of course, so reliable, honest, moral and virtuous) should be allowed to have guns. There is no such thing as gun control. There is only centralizing gun ownership into the hands of a small political elite and their minions.”

We all need to grow a backbone and stand up to Joe’s big government tyranny.

— Ben Garrison

CIA mind control

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

CIA mind control

MKUltra coming back in a big way. Also, it can't be the CIA since mass shooters actually accomplish something

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I mean it's not like horny Twitter is wrong.

Also, that's a very on point cartoon. No one does grotesque caricatures like Eli.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

His biden really scares me, like a cenobite with nothing but thousands of tiny slits like gills for eyes

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“Hrrrrnnggh parents, I'm trying to sneak inside but I'm dummy thicc and the clap from my rear end cheeks keeps alerting the shooter”

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol Garrison

Biden doesn't stand up to the gun lobby either

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's a fantastic Biden. Holy poo poo, it's so good.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Brawnfire posted:

His biden really scares me, like a cenobite with nothing but thousands of tiny slits like gills for eyes
I agree, it's a bit to photo realistic. Should try to stylize it some

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

After their election defeat the Liberals are almost certainly going to go with Peter Dutton as leader, with Sussan Ley as deputy and Angus Taylor as shadow treasurer (and presumably hope everyone forgets what they did over the last decade). The Nationals are having a leadership contest between Barnaby Joyce, David Littleproud and Darren Chester as they argue over whether Barnaby saved all their seats or cost the Liberals a whole bunch of theirs.

Lethbridge:

Everyone is waiting to see what tone Peter Dutton attempts to take as Liberal leader before inevitably returning to the form he's always had.

Herbert:

Knight 1:

Darren Chester challenging Baa-naby.

Knight 2:

Warren Brown:

Broelman:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Steve Breen

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Kevin Necessary

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Tom Sitglich

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I can't tell if I should be offended by this.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

drat Ramirez, if only something happened in the intervening years...

https://twitter.com/harikunzru/status/1530327437464281089?s=20&t=Qwdj9AvcyTbgHu2sQ12Z7A

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

What's the point of this poo poo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I used to love Values reading time

Learned so many fuckin values from it

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I can only assume that this is about the shooting, so all I can say is

Kellies nomination: Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

God they're still hung up on Hillary.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ajkalan posted:

What's the point of this poo poo

dogwhistle for christian dominionism

like that's all it is. when they say things like "children are being taught wokeness instead of values" and poo poo what they mean is "not being indoctrinated into white protestantism".

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Brawnfire posted:

I used to love Values reading time

Learned so many fuckin values from it

3, 4, even Pi. In my day they called it math[s] though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Murdstone posted:

God they're still hung up on Hillary.

I find it more confusing that they insist there was a hoax, when the evidence still doesn't lend itself to that reality.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Why would you teach children anything, they're just gonna get shot

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Which is why my headcanon is that Traditional Mom and Mom of 2021 Who Probably Never Got a Name Either are the exact same person, because all that's missing is a hat. There was also some dude who looked exactly like Tex weeks back, to the point I did wonder if they were meant to be the same people.

Edit:

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Oh, look, it's the exact same loving cartoon he did last time.

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 30, 2022

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: All-Purpose Post-Mass Shooting Cartoon

Ted Rall posted:

Very few news events are quite as scripted as the aftermath of a mass shooting. Politicians on both sides of the aisle send thoughts and prayers. Democrats call for gun control. Republicans say something should be done about mental illness. The media speaks in hushed tones. Piles of stuffed animals and flowers appear at the massacre site. It’s always the same.

First Dog on the Moon: Congratulations to the Greens political party, they have finally done something useful! FINALLY! YEAH!

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Quite the coincidence, it must be because of the values we teach our kids though.

Just ignore that unrestricted access to guns also plays a part in shaping those values. Never blame guns for society's gun problems.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Discendo Vox posted:

I can't tell if I should be offended by this.

I thought it was a school shooting thing, but I think it’s actually a Memorial Day thing? Either way, it's not very good.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Unkempt posted:

I thought it was a school shooting thing, but I think it’s actually a Memorial Day thing? Either way, it's not very good.

just change the "memorial day" flag to say "2md amendment" and it can become about the second amendment. Write the word "kids" on all the grave sails for bonus too many label points.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Ah yes, culture sure is the problem. I mean, the rise in racism and anti-Semitism in the US can certainly be linked to multiple shootings, even blatantly by the manifestos of the shoo-

wait, what's that? You mean the culture of treating minorities as people and not like a pest to be exterminated? Of course you do

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mordaedil posted:

I find it more confusing that they insist there was a hoax, when the evidence still doesn't lend itself to that reality.

You're confused by that? Why?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Despera posted:

Hillary two shoes? Get this poo poo out of here!

Forget it, D. It's Tinatoon.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

kartikeya posted:

Which is why my headcanon is that Traditional Mom and Mom of 2021 Who Probably Never Got a Name Either are the exact same person, because all that's missing is a hat. There was also some dude who looked exactly like Tex weeks back, to the point I did wonder if they were meant to be the same people.

Finally, a crisis actor theory I can believe in.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/happyroadkill/status/1531268231960436737?t=P0F_t8gz-LAzgOxly_BHNg&s=19

https://twitter.com/happyroadkill/status/1531269995652599808?t=pRa_ZHXA88BoMjpZC7deoA&s=19

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Today's Prickly City is a rerun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

It's an...oddly specific name to use, so...

The only Eugene Gawlak who seemed to match fom a cursory googling died in 1945 in belgium (which would match the army part), but he wasn't born in, nor died in, June. There's no one by that name buried in any military cemeteries overseen by the NCA.

https://www.geni.com/people/Eugene-Gawlak/6000000176357983950

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: All-Purpose Post-Mass Shooting Cartoon

A good Rall, but poorly executed of course.

If I were a political cartoonist I'd just draw a bunch of gunshot kids and a little tally on the top, then add to the tally every shooting. Easy, poignant, and I get to take an extra day off every week because what the gently caress.