Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dubs in five

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

LastInLine posted:

Dubs in five

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

LastInLine posted:

Dubs in five

this, probably

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

im feeling pretty good the celtics made the finals. even if they get blown out

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
as I dubs fan I would have probably preferred the Heat winning since the matchups would be better

but gently caress it

It is the finals lets do it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

You're missing out on a LOT of incredibly bad reffing

Scott Foster the WOAT. Makes Tim Donaghy look like a legitimate ref

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

fart simpson posted:

im feeling pretty good the celtics made the finals. even if they get blown out

Celtics in 4

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Sickening

LastInLine posted:

Dubs in five

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 30, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ive already bet money on it

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
yeah the warriors had a better chance against the heat

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

All I know is.... we are playing some basketball fuckers

woohoo lets go and have fun

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

jimmy was by far the best player in this series. but nobody else on the heat actually showed up really, except for maybe 1 game each

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Bam showed up for like 3-4 out of the 7 games. Otherwise Robert Williams shut him down when he was healthy

I can't think of two more different teams than GSW and Boston so it should be fun and interesting

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bam had 1 monster game, 2-3 decent games, and the rest of the series he looked like me

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

and the rest of the series he looked like me

I doubt you are that attractive

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

Bam showed up for like 3-4 out of the 7 games. Otherwise Robert Williams shut him down when he was healthy

I can't think of two more different teams than GSW and Boston so it should be fun and interesting

I honestly don't know if GS can shut Boston down, and boston is the team that scared me
so I guess we find out

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's the Warriors' series to lose. Rest advantage and home court. If GPII comes back they'll have everything they need really.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I bet it goes to seven games lmao

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

this is going to be fun

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the 7th game is on my birthday. would be cool to see the celtics win it in game 7 imo

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I'm excited as hell for this

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I'm not posting stats or other poo poo, this is just gonna be fun

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

lets loving gooooooooo

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
In the spirit of CSPAM, you are obligated to root for a billionaire to lose some money

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1531117125095636992

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

538 has the Celtics as an 83% favorite to beat the Warriors. Their model has always loved the Celtics even at their worst and the Warriors even at their best. So actually you're all obligated to root for the Warriors in order to make Nate Silver melt down and explain away why his models weren't actually wrong

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

538 has the Celtics as an 83% favorite to beat the Warriors. Their model has always loved the Celtics even at their worst and the Warriors even at their best. So actually you're all obligated to root for the Warriors in order to make Nate Silver melt down and explain away why his models weren't actually wrong

lol he won't acknowledge it at all. That said, it is legit impressive he called the Celtics as favorites to make the finals out of the east before the regular season was over.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Jeff Van Gundy definitely has covid right?

I liked his announcing tonight with lower energy and the stuffed nose, but that simply cannot be safe, courtside in Florida, especially just before the Finals (on ABC). After the Butler three point attempt to take the lead in the fourth quarter he said if you want to live by that shot you have to be willing to die by that shot and in my own ears I could feel the unsaid weight of, "is that a metaphor, Jeff? Or...?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

warriors haven’t played anyone so it’s tough to say how good they are .

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
The East had far more frauds than the West, pretty much the entire field except the Bucks and Celtics. The Celtics barely made it out of a complete dogshit conference.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the cs were the best team in the league for months

Milwaukee has a legit mvp . the heat are total Ref catnip . it was a slog for Boston

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I totally forgot Boston swept Brooklyn. Brooklyn would have won the west

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

The Heat had to play the Hawks and 76ers to get to the conf finals, and you're accusing the Warriors of having a cakewalk

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Lol the Nets wouldn't have been in the playoffs at all in the west.

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steph Curry is the only Unanimous Regular Season Most Valuable Player AND the only Unanimous Conference Finals Most Valuable Player. Soon, he might add a finals mvp. We love it, don't we folks!?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

conference finals what ??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

conference finals what ??

jayson tatum has won around half of all conference mvp trophies ever awarded and he’s only in his 5th season. that’s even better than mj or jokic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

due to Phoenix imploding (I’d like to get the story behind this?) any playoff east team could have won the West .

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Congrats to Tatum on winning the Larry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is a conference finals mvp ? is that new ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

what is a conference finals mvp ? is that new ?

this old man just doesn't watch basketball, but we already knew that