Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

DACK FAYDEN posted:

just ginormous gahonkalahoobs

I know, he must have inherited them from his mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
My child will drink the SA forumlas

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

true haha

Starpluck has a new favorite as of 02:30 on May 30, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*cloudflare 502 error* oh no it's a forumla shortage

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

This guy is a hell of a Kind of Guy.

https://twitter.com/AlpacaAurelius/status/1531000452581576711

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

maple syrup is good on meat, but lmao at thinking its anything but flavored sugar

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I thought the pyongyang hotel was built before north korea was the way it is now?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"easily digestible carbs" as opposed to hard to digest carbs?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

OwlFancier posted:

I thought the pyongyang hotel was built before north korea was the way it is now?

quote:

Construction began in 1987 but was halted in 1992 as North Korea entered a period of economic crisis after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. After 1992, the building stood topped out, but without any windows or interior fittings. In 2008, construction resumed, and the exterior was completed in 2011. The hotel was planned to open in 2012, the centenary of Kim Il-sung's birth. A partial opening was announced for 2013, but this was cancelled. In 2018, an LED display was fitted to one side, which is used to show propaganda animations and film scenes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Why do I read comments

https://twitter.com/tatemotivation/status/1531017690432741376?t=RuSakoWVmakmEYGhCoVcWg&s=19

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Starpluck posted:

Ancient Egypt is cited as the greatest or one of the greatest societies of all time.

Where?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hey, they had MULTIPLE Bass Pro Shops Pyramids. You gonna argue with that?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hey, they had MULTIPLE Bass Pro Shops Pyramids. You gonna argue with that?

Tutankhamun sucked me off?!?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Andy I think it is common knowledge that your genetics only spread with romanian women you kidnapped.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

In Egypt, I presume

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This guy, who's job is supposedly being a motivational speaker or something on twitter, has no responses or likes to his posts. None. How is that even possible.

Just whinging into the void.

Edit: I scrolled a bit further, some tweets had a like so I checked out who they were...another Andrew Tate account.

Roblo has a new favorite as of 08:15 on May 30, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Heath posted:

"easily digestible carbs" as opposed to hard to digest carbs?

Well, there is fiber...

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
There's this whole differentiation between fast digestible carbs (sugar = bad) and slow digestible carbs (starch = good) which is a thing in diet speak, that's probably what they were talking about. I guess the basic idea is that your body needs to break down the starch into glucose before you can use it and sugar is already glucose / saccharose? And the sugar gives you energy faster and the starch gives you energy over the day? Pretty sure this doesn't work that way, starch is already broken down as you eat and long-term energy storage is fat, not starch, but you know, diet stuff. It's probably some half-truths blown way out of proportion.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You know my genetics is superior because if I consume anything more complex than literal sugar water, my digestive system shuts down and I die in agony as poo poo and piss erupt of every one of my orifices

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

steinrokkan posted:

You know my genetics is superior because if I consume anything more complex than literal sugar water, my digestive system shuts down and I die in agony as poo poo and piss erupt of every one of my orifices
I am the poopermensch

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Roblo posted:

This guy, who's job is supposedly being a motivational speaker or something on twitter, has no responses or likes to his posts. None. How is that even possible.

Just whinging into the void.

Edit: I scrolled a bit further, some tweets had a like so I checked out who they were...another Andrew Tate account.

He's selling "hustlers university" in his pins which is apparently a $49/month course run by him on how to get rich for free by trading stock options and crypto?

The webpage blatantly lies and claims he has 17,000 subscribers, lmao

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

There's this whole differentiation between fast digestible carbs (sugar = bad) and slow digestible carbs (starch = good) which is a thing in diet speak, that's probably what they were talking about. I guess the basic idea is that your body needs to break down the starch into glucose before you can use it and sugar is already glucose / saccharose? And the sugar gives you energy faster and the starch gives you energy over the day? Pretty sure this doesn't work that way, starch is already broken down as you eat and long-term energy storage is fat, not starch, but you know, diet stuff. It's probably some half-truths blown way out of proportion.

It's true that it's not as simple as sugar vs. starch, and potatoes will jam your blood full of sugar right away, but the basic idea is very true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycemic_index

No idea if the guy was referring to that. His wording sounds more like he's worried about overworking his gut or something.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
There are also carbs like wood pulp that are entirely undigestible unless you happen to be a termite.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

He's selling "hustlers university" in his pins which is apparently a $49/month course run by him on how to get rich for free by trading stock options and crypto?

The webpage blatantly lies and claims he has 17,000 subscribers, lmao

49$/subscriber/month to sell them bullshit tips sounds like a good hustle tbh

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The problem is that after a month of following your finance tips they usually can't afford to renew their membership

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

That guy is just peak :preacher:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serperoth posted:

yea it feels like if he was funny he'd just have one lesson that was 'make a product that appeals to stupid people with poor money choices, like a crypto or NFT thing, or maybe a fifty dollar a month class on 'hustle'.'

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is he also the guy that Jordan Peterson's daughter left her husband for?

Which I guess tracks, if you're a eugenicist you're not gonna find a whiter family.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

steinrokkan posted:

I live entirely on sugar water and if I ever had sex my dick would blow off and kill me. I am a bee

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is he also the guy that Jordan Peterson's daughter left her husband for?

Which I guess tracks, if you're a eugenicist you're not gonna find a whiter family.

yeah that's cobra tate but he wasn't the one she got wedded to recently, it's some boring as gently caress white dude who's probably a cryptobro

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I wish I could be around future archeologists when they unearth the pyramid Bass Pro Shops

"This monument... To.. Bass... Pro... Shop... Fascinating! We found them in multiple locations. They must have been highly regarded in this culture."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I wish I could be around future archeologists when they unearth the pyramid Bass Pro Shops

"This monument... To.. Bass... Pro... Shop... Fascinating! We found them in multiple locations. They must have been highly regarded in this culture."
"ritual purposes" gonna have to do a lot of heavy lifting

wonder if they'll translate Bass as fish or as music

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The skull at the top of the pyramid is definitely gone by now so any future archeologists will correctly say "this was obviously a monument to capitalism"

When I lived in Memphis I went to the Pyramid a couple of times both before and after the Bass Pro conversion -- it's more interesting now that you can just wait to take an elevator to the top

Also it's got an enormous fish tank and no musical instruments

stringless has a new favorite as of 13:40 on May 30, 2022

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

FFT posted:

The skull at the top of the pyramid is definitely gone by now so any future archeologists will correctly say "this was obviously a monument to capitalism"

When I lived in Memphis I went to the Pyramid a couple of times both before and after the Bass Pro conversion -- it's more interesting now that you can just wait to take an elevator to the top

Also it's got an enormous fish tank and no musical instruments

This is the first time I'm learning about the Bass Pro Pyramid, and I don't know if it's more or less weird that they bought and converted an existing pyramid building into a Bass Pro Shop rather than literally setting out to build a Bass Pro Shop pyramid.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Starpluck posted:

Perhaps in North Korea.

Ancient Egypt is cited as the greatest or one of the greatest societies of all time. If they operated North Korean-style like you said above, there would be no ancient Egypt. If there was, it would never be great.

Ancient Egypt's pyramids were built by employed labor hired by an inbred god-king...?

Like it was literally one of the examples I was thinking of

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We don’t really have much info on most of the pharaohs to make such comments on them

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tutankhamun had some pretty gnarly genetic indicators, and sure the pyramid-building was on the decline by then but he still built one, and I think it's pretty well-documented that power was maintained through sister-marrying quite often, which seems like it'd make inbreeding pretty hard to avoid.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It's a bit reckless to try to sum up a civilization that lasted for 3000 years, but Egypt was pretty much the best place to live as a commoner that we know of for pretty much that whole time, especially if you're a woman.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I rember first seeing the Memphis pyramid in The Firm. I think you see it in the background as Tom Cruise runs around Mud Island. Even as a kid I was all "Why is there a fuckin' pyramid in Memphis?!"

Oblivious to the name connection with Memphis, Egypt at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Serperoth posted:

i know a guy who runs his own “financial advice” consulting business on the side. there’s no way i’m taking advice from a dude who’s been a software eng level 2 (level 1 to level 2 is you have a brain and worked there for a year but have basically zero autonomy)

he also got his house on the cheap because he bought it for about 60% market value because his parents sold it to him. as you can imagine, he’s one of those who believes in pulling oneself up by the bootstraps.

can’t imagine it’s going super well, all his posts on socials are inspirational garbage quotes.