Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Mine was a Soul Sacrifice/Delta machine. I think I had like twice the hours in that game I did in P4A

And the the day they goofed up the whitelist happened, and I managed to sneak Phantasy Star Portable 2 on there as well.

Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

They were on PS4 also (in the west)

Didnt own one, doesnt affect me

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Um, i do realize i was probably one of two people in the world who had a vita over a ps4 but disregard that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
lmao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

It was also a digimon cyber sleuth machine!...until the switch happened

Fun thing I found out about the switch ports by accident is that the in game timer keeps running while the console is asleep, so I opened it up after a week or two of not playing to find that everything left in my farm was at max level and I could just take them out now and use them to break the game over my knee without even planning for it, ruining all challenge.

Vita never did me dirty like that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Um, i do realize i was probably one of two people in the world who had a vita over a ps4 but disregard that

It was the better console

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

It me, I've always preferred handhelds

Remote Play is fuckin sweet though, even if it feels a little weird to play RDR2 on the Vita screen when a big hidef TV is in the next room

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really wish they continued remote play for the ps5

I don’t even have one but I’m sure I will some day and I’ll definitely still have my vita too

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
If you want to stream from PS5 to a handheld, you can use your phone + a wired controller (like the Razer Kishi) with that 3rd party streaming app, PS Play. It's worked for me, to the point I play FFXIV more with that than on the big screen.

But I can only imagine, one day, someone will figure out a way to run PSPlay on the Vita. Like, there's gotta be some method, c'mon! VITA MEANS LIFE

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why not just use the regular remote play app if you’re already using a phone?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Maybe someone will port the android remote play app to vita

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

IIRC there's some restrictions, like it won't let you use it with 4/5G data, only on wifi.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remember the 3G Model Vita, brought to you by AT&T.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In Training posted:

Remember the 3G Model Vita, brought to you by AT&T.

Still have my day 1 purchased, lmao.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Midjack posted:

Still have my day 1 purchased, lmao.

Same lol.

I bought mine because they rumored to have Diablo 3 for it.

Lol @ me

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
The vita owns. I play it daily.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lately I've been doing a second playthrough of Rogue Legacy on mine while watching Cheers and it's ace. That Vita D-pad is just the best in the world.

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy

The official Playstation Remote Play app is pretty spotty on Android, compared to the 3rd party one, just in terms of latency. I couldn't get it to play smoothly or acknowledge my Razer Kishi - it only seemed interested in the official controllers via bluetooth. And the touchscreen controls are wonky for PS5. It's kinda crazy how bad it is!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
what the :stare: https://twitter.com/crait/status/1509619311891353600?t=3TDKC6QjWvdkbpgOxZZ9Jw&s=19

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Now what are some good android games lmao

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Now what are some good android games lmao

See now I think it's an early April fool. apologies if so, I was taken https://twitter.com/crait/status/1509621994756907008?t=powlhkABI7p74LQc0jQjeA&s=19

edit: I hate April fool's, and being an idiot

Manky fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 31, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Posting poo poo the day before should be grounds for imprisonment or at least a hearty fine

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, what? I got excited for a stupid prank when it's not even April Fools yet? Bah.

And, like, this isn't even out of the left field. The Vita should in theory be able to run old Android versions with a CFW and someone bothering to port it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

You guys do know there are timezones, such as Korea where the guy's Twitter account profile says he is, where it has been April 1 for like six hours right

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What would you do with Android on the Vita? Play games obviously, but I'd rather see more Android games ported like we got with Max Payne and Bully.

Speaking of, has anyone tried out the Crazy Taxi port? I'm curious to try it out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You could finally turn the PSTV from a microconsole which could play PS1 games into one of the other ones that Amazon made that could mainly play Crossy Road

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Walla posted:

What would you do with Android on the Vita? Play games obviously, but I'd rather see more Android games ported like we got with Max Payne and Bully.

Speaking of, has anyone tried out the Crazy Taxi port? I'm curious to try it out.

Browse the web with a more modern browser and have access to modern streaming apps. Even with the TLS plugin the Vita browser is old af, and Netflix takes forever and a half just to start

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Android on the vita. Instead of War of the Lions and an outdated version of Stardew Valley, why I could play War of the Lions and a different outdated version of Stardew Valley!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Walla posted:

Google Maps lol

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Does anyone still have playstation mobile games on their Vita?

I've been trying to preserve them from becoming lost media.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Radical_R/status/1518390350905233408

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Are there a bunch missing from NPS?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Yeah, try 400. The only way to preserve them is to derive a generic key from a purchased game on an PSM activated Vita.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Are there a bunch missing from NPS?

Yes.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
That's why I'm hoping some of y'all still have them. If anything, can you RT that if you got Twitter?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

woah, good luck. I had no idea Playstation Mobile was even a thing, let alone that there was so much still needing preserving

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those are different from minis right? I think I have one or two of those downloaded on the ps3

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Minis are separate yeah, those are just small PSP programs (on PS3 they run in the PSP emulator), PSM is Unity

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Playstation Mobile used a unique SDK to, in theory, let developers make and/or port games from other mobile platforms to the Vita. It barely had anything noteworthy (though I would never oppose to its preservation) and was quietly (and quickly) shutdown hard by Sony like they do to everything that isn't a blockbuster success.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
2 more PSM games preserved.

Ice Crystal and Delta Strike : First Assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

RadicalR posted:

2 more PSM games preserved.

Ice Crystal and Delta Strike : First Assault.

Nice! Glad this project is taking off. What's the current total?