Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Wow, Thriller's sold out at VinSyn. Probably one of the fastest titles I've seen go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

VoodooXT posted:

Wow, Thriller's sold out at VinSyn. Probably one of the fastest titles I've seen go.

I believe they’ve said that the “They Call her One Eye” cut is exclusive to this set, so if you want it, get it now. Or you could pay $120 later for it on eBay.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The warriors being 53 bucks and including a copy of the movie I don't want sucks rear end

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I’m super stoked on the Steckler box set, but for anyone on the fence it’s definitely not one I’d recommend as a blind buy.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

The warriors being 53 bucks and including a copy of the movie I don't want sucks rear end

edit: I recognize the irony of this double post

PinkoBastard fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 28, 2022

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Liar Lyre posted:

I believe they’ve said that the “They Call her One Eye” cut is exclusive to this set, so if you want it, get it now. Or you could pay $120 later for it on eBay.
Indie retailers they've partnered with (Diabolik, Grindhouse, etc) will be getting copies of the set in about a week according to the sales page.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

The universe has been cruelly mocking me ever since I foolishly sold my theatrical cut dvd right before that god awful cartoon cut was released.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I paid $100 for the wicker man so 50 for warriors isn't bad :V

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

dorium posted:

Because I’m a pervert :agesilaus:

What the heck is Shatter Dead doing on blu ray?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

CPL593H posted:

Is anyone going to release the Warriors as a single disc thing without the lovely version? I don't even want to own that and I'm not interested in paying over 50 bucks for a movie.

I really want to see the unused opening sequence.

:smug:

That AT LP120 tho

I can't buy Tammy from VS because no more slip and I was gonna buy the luscious 101 release until the seller jacked the price up $7.50 overnight, gently caress that and gently caress you A2Z I have lived my life perfectly without it and I can continue to live it tyvm.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

pwn posted:

That AT LP120 tho

I can't buy Tammy from VS because no more slip and I was gonna buy the luscious 101 release until the seller jacked the price up $7.50 overnight, gently caress that and gently caress you A2Z I have lived my life perfectly without it and I can continue to live it tyvm.

I actually got that blu-ray as a gift from Machete Zombie right when it came out because I willed it into existence by spending like two or three years going "Boycott Vinegar Syndrome until they release Tammy and the T-Rex on blu-ray." in this thread. Machete Zombie is a cool guy.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Boinks posted:

What the heck is Shatter Dead doing on blu ray?

No idea but it’s coming home with me

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I did not order The Warriors even though it’s a favorite of mine because I’m holding out for 4K…. Having serious fomo.

Also check out The Wanderers if you want another 1979 NYC gang movie. Very different films but some similar vibes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1530539489688375296?s=20&t=2gefjAu0l497deEIYJoULQ

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
poo poo yeah I used to watch my VHS copy of this all the time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1530696213762396161

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

CPL593H posted:

I actually got that blu-ray as a gift from Machete Zombie right when it came out because I willed it into existence by spending like two or three years going "Boycott Vinegar Syndrome until they release Tammy and the T-Rex on blu-ray." in this thread. Machete Zombie is a cool guy.

Cheers to Machete Zombie

The seller put it back down to $35.14, so I grabbed it. This is the second blind buy you're responsible for.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1530927656887373825?s=20&t=fplCijEeVeD7SkBeR39URA

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Well I'm really happy the MGM sale to Amazon hasn't messed up the physical releases. It seems like every boutique label has been releasing 4Ks of their back catalog now.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
UHF UHD when?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

dorium posted:

No idea but it’s coming home with me

I got drunk last night and ordered it at 1am along with Hobgoblins and Demon Wind.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boinks posted:

I got drunk last night and ordered it at 1am along with Hobgoblins and Demon Wind.

Excellent selections

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
With Vinegar Syndrome releasing more HK films it's giving me hope whoever ended up with the American distribution of John Woo films (I imagine Weinstein had to sell them) will give them a somewhat decent release since I don't feel like buying a region free player for the 88 Films back catalog.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Any opinions on the VS Televised Terror boxset? I suddenly found myself wanting to spend a little more money this weekend.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Any thoughts on Nightmare Weekend? The slip probably isn't gonna last past the sale and I've been on the fence for how many months now.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

VoodooXT posted:

Any thoughts on Nightmare Weekend? The slip probably isn't gonna last past the sale and I've been on the fence for how many months now.

It’s very stupid and pretty fun! I’d say worth the pick up, and the mirrored slip is super cool.

From Justin LaLiberty’s Letterboxd review:

quote:

“Some French people came to America, got a bunch of women to get naked, found the scariest loving puppet they could, took something resembling a script, shot it and called it Nightmare Weekend. This defies all logic and transgresses all boundaries of genre/class/reality. Maybe it's a masterpiece. But right now I'm too dumbfounded to try and justify it as one.”

PinkoBastard fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 29, 2022

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I went back...

still a pervert.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The laughing dead is a hoot. Really enjoyed how weird it got and how it used tons of effects.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

It really looked cool. It was between that and The Bees, but I have a gut feeling The Bees wont be as cool as I think it might've been.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Trauma is an Argento I haven't seen and I've been meaning to grab the rest of his filmography. Finally got around to owning Tammy and the T-Rex, New York Ninja got enough decent reviews that it seemed like a decent blind buy, Flesh for Frankenstein rules and now I have to go suck up Blood for Dracula from Severin I guess. The McPherson Tapes seems like a goer from y'all too, so I'm keen.

Hopefully it won't take me six months to get around to watching these like I did for the last sale haul.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

threw on two more blindbuys

ngl if that Linnea Quigley boner comedy trilogy had been in stock I probably would've gotten that too.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Gripweed posted:

threw on two more blindbuys

ngl if that Linnea Quigley boner comedy trilogy had been in stock I probably would've gotten that too.

Vice Academy? That’s been sold out for a long time. Looks like VS partner Pulse Video put out a region free version in France. Looks to be the same version with different packaging.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
And now I bought two Ted V. Mikels blu-rays. I think this might be the most I've spent on a VinSyn order at once, like $430 if you count the pre-order from a while back.

drat you, PayPal! And your payment plan!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I ended up getting myself the Miami Connection 4K, and a couple of Rudy Ray Moores - Human Tornado and Petey Wheatstraw.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
My totally reasonable order has gone completely off the rails, as I had a few beers and added the Camille Keaton box, Expect No Mercy (I remember renting this one back in the day, it is awful!), Fortress of Amerikkka and Orgy of the Dead. Unless they release another Wishman box in June I’ll likely skip buying anything that month, because I’m 100% in for Shriek of the Mutilated and the Jess Franco films in July.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Anyone have any suggestions for brd storage?

Something like this is all I need for now as my collection is pretty nascent.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N6WR7PK/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Homeybeef posted:

Any opinions on the VS Televised Terror boxset? I suddenly found myself wanting to spend a little more money this weekend.

Depends on how much you like made for broadcast TV movies, I enjoyed them, but I liked the partner label Fun City Edition set, Primetime Panic better.

Either way I look forward to more, hopefully from both fronts.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Oh… I didn’t use my $5 coupon for the VS sale…

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I guess that means you have to buy more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

dorium posted:

Oh… I didn’t use my $5 coupon for the VS sale…

The coupon only came out in the email today. My assumption would be that this halfway sale didn't do as well as they were expecting so they're trying to entice people to buy more before the sale ends tonight.