Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Forrest on Fire posted:

This is my mental image of General Dog who I definitely assumed was like 70

God it's so unnecessary why would you need more than one gun locker

https://youtu.be/TPDuYXGAuBw

Covers it pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm probably below the thread median in age and number of guns owned.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Digital Jedi posted:

The full pic he had guns on his roof

Not to keep harping on this picture, but whenever I see something like this I wonder how many of these people have actually fired every gun they own post-purchase. I like to imagine there's at least one person/family in each of these "gun nut safari" pieces who secretly thinks "I have too many of these things, I should downsize" the way I do for physical video games and Magic cards.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I guarantee you over half of those guns have never thrown a round.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I can't even imagine spending that much money on guns. If I were their kids, I'd be furious that money wasn't being put in retirement or a college fund.

What a bunch of loving loons.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

C-Euro posted:

Not to keep harping on this picture, but whenever I see something like this I wonder how many of these people have actually fired every gun they own post-purchase. I like to imagine there's at least one person/family in each of these "gun nut safari" pieces who secretly thinks "I have too many of these things, I should downsize" the way I do for physical video games and Magic cards.

My thoughts immediately go to how much they complain about the cost of gas/food/taxes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

forty-four years old, this man is.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
He doesn’t even have any really cool poo poo, just typical :911: :freep: stuff. If you’re gonna go nuts like that, at least get one of like a Thompson or something historically interesting.

Also I just noticed the kid in the back is carrying a P90.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I mainly noticed there is a whole lot of compensating in a lot of those pictures

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

I can't even imagine spending that much money on guns. If I were their kids, I'd be furious that money wasn't being put in retirement or a college fund.

”These are investments! They are your college fund son and daughter!”

And then he never sells any guns because reasons.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
No way that guy is 44. They probably started dating while she was 13 and he was 25 and he has been lying so no one can back-calculate their age when they got together.

Also, saw all the gym equipment advice from a few pages ago, it is an expense report to buy stuff rather than a blank check, and it is fairly limited in what it can be used on. Will probably just go with the bowflex dumbell/curl bar/kettlebell since it is a single receipt that should use up the money.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pain of Mind posted:

Also, saw all the gym equipment advice from a few pages ago, it is an expense report to buy stuff rather than a blank check, and it is fairly limited in what it can be used on. Will probably just go with the bowflex dumbell/curl bar/kettlebell since it is a single receipt that should use up the money.

I didn't see anyone mentioning it but I wasn't following along too close, you can get a pretty nice rowing machine for that and most of them fold up for storage when not in use since space is a factor.

But like everyone else said whatever you'll actually use is the important part, so it's just what you feel like doing.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mr. Nice! posted:

This was how I was introduced to that image:
https://twitter.com/theeyecollector/status/1530146289308033024

Also that "grill" might be the most dangerous thing on that deck

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

pathetic grill setup

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I mean nothing was going to get done anyway but this is absolutely pathetic

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1531273636342030336

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This was how I was introduced to that image:
https://twitter.com/theeyecollector/status/1530146289308033024

Also that "grill" might be the most dangerous thing on that deck

I’m the Frozen pillow or boogie board or whatever that is off the the right.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

fartknocker posted:

He doesn’t even have any really cool poo poo, just typical :911: :freep: stuff. If you’re gonna go nuts like that, at least get one of like a Thompson or something historically interesting.

Also I just noticed the kid in the back is carrying a P90.

The SG1 fan in me requires me to say "at least the P90 is cool..."

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My Brother in Law has a bunch of guns in a big safe in his office to the point that there’s literally just a pile of pistols on the floor of the safe stacked up on each other. Like, why even keep buying them if you’re just gonna take it out of the box and throw it in the bottom of a safe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

So the thread of insane gun nuts that's from has a young couple in a small apartment with way too many guns claiming they spend $2,500 a month on ammo. And I just think "do you have any idea how much square footage you could have if you were paying your current rent plus even half of the $2,500?"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

So the thread of insane gun nuts that's from has a young couple in a small apartment with way too many guns claiming they spend $2,500 a month on ammo. And I just think "do you have any idea how much square footage you could have if you were paying your current rent plus even half of the $2,500?"

My FiL and his cuckoo QAnon wife are like that. Just drums of ammo and guns all over the loving place. It’s wild. Their psyche must be a loving nightmarish funhouse of paranoia.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

My dad has a poo poo ton of guns. He may have as many as the people in the photo, I haven’t been to his house in a few years.

He would also buy a gun and tell me “This is your inheritance.” Like I want that poo poo. He actually had a clause added to his will that a specific gun he has goes to my sister rather than me because he’s afraid if I get it I’ll destroy it and it’s apparently valuable. He’s not wrong but he also doesn’t know my sister very well either.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 30, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Isn’t keeping tons of ammo around a huge safety hazard if you don’t keep it properly stored? Like blowing up on its own kind of hazard?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Gun guy - your dumb cars use so much gas what a waste!

Gun guy - ran $500 of ammo through my guns at the range. It is cheaper than a therapist.

Cliff notes of an actual conversation I have had.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Spending 2500 a month on ammo is insane bet that’s a family of crack marksmen

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BigPaddy posted:

Gun guy - your dumb cars use so much gas what a waste!

Gun guy - ran $500 of ammo through my guns at the range. It is cheaper than a therapist.

Cliff notes of an actual conversation I have had.

That is in fact, NOT cheaper than a therapist.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The "my family is dying" tweet but instead of candles it's AR-15 upkeep.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Something about this summer has awoken the 80s lover in me, maybe it’s the new Top Gun movie. Listening to Pat Benetar and Mister Mister while getting rocked up in my basement gym,

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pron on VHS posted:

Something about this summer has awoken the 80s lover in me, maybe it’s the new Top Gun movie. Listening to Pat Benetar and Mister Mister while getting rocked up in my basement gym,

Binge Miami Vice

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Maybe, my Tv schedule is packed. The summer anthem is Cruel Summer by Bananarama

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Braksgirl posted:

My dad has a poo poo ton of guns. He may have as many as the people in the photo, I haven’t been to his house in a few years.

He would also buy a gun and tell me “This is your inheritance.” Like I want that poo poo. He actually had a clause added to his will that a specific gun he has goes to my sister rather than me because he’s afraid if I get it I’ll destroy it and it’s apparently valuable. He’s not wrong but he also doesn’t know my sister very well either.

One of my neighbor's Dad is the same, but I'm not sure in the same sense of buying a shitload of different guns. Instead, he bought a shitload of one specific gun - specifically early 1900s Springfield rifles. He has over 150.

She's trying to figure out how the gently caress she's going to unload them all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Maybe, my Tv schedule is packed. The summer anthem is Cruel Summer by Bananarama

Miami Vice is great for a lot of reasons, one of them is the shear number of cameos by people who got really famous a little later.

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMCzRj3Syg

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Braksgirl posted:

Aside from a shotgun to kill various waterfowl I could maybe see myself with a little .22 bolt action rifle to shoot at squirrels. I doubt I'd hit many of them but I'd make them run away.

My gun dreams do exist in some small form and they are extremely redneck but they are also very minor compared to JFC everything that goes on in that world. (I obviously do not own a gun and probably never will)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

One of my neighbor's Dad is the same, but I'm not sure in the same sense of buying a shitload of different guns. Instead, he bought a shitload of one specific gun - specifically early 1900s Springfield rifles. He has over 150.

She's trying to figure out how the gently caress she's going to unload them all.

Yeah what my sister and I will do with all the guns when he dies is a legit concern. I’d rather not sell them because I don’t want to be part of the gun problem but I don’t want to keep them either.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Instead of hoarding many small guns you should have one big gun like a howitzer that way you benefit from economy of scale

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Yeah what my sister and I will do with all the guns when he dies is a legit concern. I’d rather not sell them because I don’t want to be part of the gun problem but I don’t want to keep them either.

Melt them down and sell the scrap? Strongly encourage your local police department to have a gun buyback program then make out like a bandit?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1531321410475417600?s=20&t=aFzUkP1aRS0VHh_ZGgeuaQ

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Pron on VHS posted:

Instance number 1000+ of finding out some random song on my spotify playlist is a cover. I have a hole in my music knowledge from 70's to early 80's for pop since my parents were too old to listen to it and I was too young. Only had heard the Beats Antique version of that song previously.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Instance number 1000+ of finding out some random song on my spotify playlist is a cover. I have a hole in my music knowledge from 70's to early 80's for pop since my parents were too old to listen to it and I was too young. Only had heard the Beats Antique version of that song previously.

Don't feel too bad, I thought I'm a Believer was a Smash Mouth original when Shrek first came out.

Of course I was a child when Shrek came out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Man. Poor Jimmy Butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Skwirl posted:

Melt them down and sell the scrap? Strongly encourage your local police department to have a gun buyback program then make out like a bandit?

This, or take some road trips where some are taking place. Assuming that's not like, a federal offense or something...