Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I’m a passenger in a car on a highway and I want to die because I don’t want to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
This weekend and the rest of the summer holidays are when I try to stay off the road as much as possible, especially at night but also during the day because people are driving around drunk as piss all the time.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
:eyepop:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
it would be more fair to compare the USA to one of its peer nations, ie. a third world country

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

just saw a chevy silverado 2500 custom lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

in europe they just have their slaves carry them everywhere

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

heated game moment posted:

This weekend and the rest of the summer holidays are when I try to stay off the road as much as possible, especially at night but also during the day because people are driving around drunk as piss all the time.

pretty much every summer holiday, including football nights, is a drinking and driving holiday. Have fun out there!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

actionjackson posted:

just saw a chevy silverado 2500 custom lmao

that is intended to kill pedestrians

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

that is intended to kill pedestrians

A twelve year old child just got run over and pinned by a truck a county over because she was too short to see from the driver's seat of one of these loving things.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/wes...PARBRPY6ESLNAI/

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

quote:

Police also said that while the driver was going at a low rate of speed, they didn’t see the girl because of the low profile of the hoverboard.

nevermind the low profile of a 12 year old.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Should consider lowering the profile of the driver, maybe with a particular French device

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A twelve year old child just got run over and pinned by a truck a county over because she was too short to see from the driver's seat of one of these loving things.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/wes...PARBRPY6ESLNAI/

I was told that with safety enhancing technology like front-facing cameras such incidents would be impossible!

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

lmao in oregon its legal to right turn on red arrows too

Also, the ridiculous triple load train trucks and other random non-sense, but yeah right turns on red arrows was always an interesting one. Oh yeah and I guess freight trains are now blasting at full speed through east Portland nowadays which I am sure isn't going to be an issue (the areas they go through were once just an industrial district but now have a huge transient population as well as a bunch of street traffic).

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:30 on May 30, 2022

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
low profile of the hoverboard lmao. the kid was 12 years old for ffs. on top of the hoverboard they could be pushing 5' tall.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

leftist heap posted:

low profile of the hoverboard lmao. the kid was 12 years old for ffs. on top of the hoverboard they could be pushing 5' tall.

"Cart buggy attachment" probably means one of these things

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dog Case posted:

"Cart buggy attachment" probably means one of these things

Not going to lie, that looks like fun but I would definitely not trust stupid giant SUVs to be able to see that

Edit: I would love to live in a country where kids could use these things without it being instant death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjxMQXrQNAs

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
some rear end in a top hat left this in a Safeway parking lot and I slipped carrying groceries. who the gently caress leaves motor oil leakinin a Rubbermaid in a parking lot. serves me right for riding in a loving car tbh. wasn’t even wearing my pedestrian helmet.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

mystes posted:

Not going to lie, that looks like fun but I would definitely not trust stupid giant SUVs to be able to see that

Edit: I would love to live in a country where kids could use these things without it being instant death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjxMQXrQNAs

that looks like a ton of fun

too bad that trucks hate fun

Even as a driver I loving hate giant SUV's. The assholes who drive them are always the ones who pull way up to the intersection so if you're trying to turn while they are going straight you can't see past them at all, if you drive a small car like me. And when I inevitably get hit by one it's going to own me because again, small car

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
lol this is what happens to you if a new model ute hits you in a 50kmh area

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

finding a lowe's cart wrangler and screaming at them to fix the fallen plant so I can salute the parking space with dignity

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

finding a lowe's cart wrangler and screaming at them to fix the fallen plant so I can salute the parking space with dignity

the fallen plant is symbolic

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

... of the parking space that we lost to create this display. now where am i going to park

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/adamtranter/status/1531367244386680833?t=9fd4qoPcXKdKzhl5DgNfXA&s=19

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/01/driver-lied-and-said-he-hit-a-deer-when-actually-he-killed-a-teenager-14341511/

Scroll down, read what sentence he got, get very angry

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

What the gently caress

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

the best part of this is, if a driver did this and actually stopped to provide first-aid and then showed remorse they'd probably go to prison lmao

if you just drive off and deny any wrongdoing and there's no witnesses you'll essentially get away with it

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
guy just walked out 3 hours after coming in to work because his wife called him telling him to check the front of his car. apparently his dog was dead in his driveway when she woke up so he probably ran over his own dog in his massive f 350, which he blearily drives to work at 3 am because he lives over an hour away

lmao car brain

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
a truck so large, noisy, and with massive suspension so smooth you won't even realize you murdered your own dog

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
350 is the average number of fatalities it causes per year

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PittTheElder posted:

There was a relatively famous incident in my city a few years ago, filmed from nearby building, where some driver was just leaning on his horn, furious that the person in front of them wasn't turning right on red, and thus preventing them from turning right on red. Queue 30 seconds of continuous horn before the light turns green, and it's revealed that the simple reason the first car wasn't turning is because they intended to go straight! What a world.

Yup. I know the word "deranged" gets thrown around a lot,

Apr 7, 2003

You’d think the part where he lies about killing someone and covers it up would negate the part about good character.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Minera posted:

guy just walked out 3 hours after coming in to work because his wife called him telling him to check the front of his car. apparently his dog was dead in his driveway when she woke up so he probably ran over his own dog in his massive f 350, which he blearily drives to work at 3 am because he lives over an hour away

lmao car brain

the dog didn't deserve that. but the driver definitely does

mystes
May 31, 2006

wow it kind of seems like these trucks have gotten too big

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

wow it kind of seems like these trucks have gotten too big

a big 'what the gently caress' moment for me was looking at a historical picture thing on reddit, a shot of a local shopping center from 1965, and someone commenting "why did they make the parking spots in lots smaller now? look at how much room there is around those cars compared to now!"

The auto industry will lobby to make makes larger before we ever get reasonably-sized cars back.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Minera posted:

lmao car brain

people do this to their own kids all the time. it's basically why backup cams exist and now why front cams are probably gonna become standard

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You’d think the part where he lies about killing someone and covers it up would negate the part about good character.

Also the driving without insurance and a licence part, which suggests his "previous character" was already somewhat indifferent towards his obligations under the law

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
And it was a loving KID! This isn't some spandexed out super cyclist that assholes can mewl about, this was a loving kid doing something that children should be doing. Awful.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

leftist heap posted:

people do this to their own kids all the time. it's basically why backup cams exist and now why front cams are probably gonna become standard

People also run over their dogs while walking them out of the window of their cars more often than you'd think. My mom had to do grief counseling for that a couple of times :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

BeeSeeBee posted:

People also run over their dogs while walking them out of the window of their cars more often than you'd think. My mom had to do grief counseling for that a couple of times :psyduck: