Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I'm 100% sure I've seen callouts of pinkcat for being racist or something before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I'm 100% sure I've seen callouts of pinkcat for being racist or something before

I just assumed

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I mean she's saying Muslims have no culture of their own so all they can do is trace over American comic books. Inventing new racist tropes in the course of trying to come up with a defense of being a poo poo.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Bismuth posted:

I just assumed

yeah now I remember lol:

"The New York Times - How Pink Cat became the Gen Z Garfield posted:

Scrolling through digital artist Saba Moeel’s Pink Cat Daily comics on Instagram is a bit like mainlining meme and hip-hop culture directly into one’s veins.

= the cat is Saba's offensive interpretation of a Black person and she's allowed to say the n-word actually because

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's like a poo poo ton of Muslims creating original art without tracing that are successful. Most of them have probably had setbacks because of that, but they don't loving trace.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Why the gently caress is she talking about Disney? Tank Girl was indie, eventually acquired by DC.
There's another side-by-side I didn't post, showing her tracing a still from The Little Mermaid.

I mean, I am all about the transformative work (TM), but that ain't transformative.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

steinrokkan posted:

I mean she's saying Muslims have no culture of their own so all they can do is trace over American comic books. Inventing new racist tropes in the course of trying to come up with a defense of being a poo poo.

Tank Girl is actually an 80s British comic

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

There was also something about her using the n-word in her (now closed) yoga studio, but I think the screencaps are gone. Her self-promotion page explains that she's working on two albums, one based on "Hindu spirituals" based on her experience in Transcendental Meditation.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It would even be fine to trace and copy under some pseudo-artistic pretense if she wasn't just running a blatant get rich quick scheme

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I try not to post transphobic poo poo unless it's really, really funny, I hope this qualifies.

https://twitter.com/ElleMcIvor/status/1531018820999077895?t=IKO_IY9v7EwB47Z4SzS0tg&s=19

Holy poo poo does this go places...

:nws: :nms:

https://twitter.com/ElleMcIvor/status/1531387667786747909

wash bucket has a new favorite as of 23:07 on May 30, 2022

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Its kind of hilarious that the NFT scammer is acting like she is representing all women and all muslims at the event by saying that she is the only one there meaning she either has no idea who the other guests are or does and just choses to ignore that she isn't the only muslim woman there.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I thought we were supposed to be disgusted with trans women because gender-affirmation surgery is super-gross (because it's, y'know, surgery). Now gross body stuff is really cool I guess.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/1531392195957235718?t=tZUg1ZRACkiJY_7B8XIs9Q&s=19

What the loving gently caress?

People just flat out saying tracing is equally valid as making an original image?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/1531392195957235718?t=tZUg1ZRACkiJY_7B8XIs9Q&s=19

People just flat out saying tracing is equally valid as making an original image?

Ah, she must have gone to the Greg Land School of the Arts

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Ah, she must have gone to the Greg Land School of the Arts
Greg Land does it because it's easy and he's never late on a deadline. When he's asked to draw something he can't trace he's pretty good.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Arsenic Lupin posted:

So, the Toronto Art Comics Festival is a free convention for comics artists,. This year, one of their featured artists is PINKCATNFT, who hawks herself as a comics artist and an NFT producer.
It's really hard to communicate just how massive a shitshow this is. NYT bestseller Ngozi Ukazu, a major get for literally any con, announced she's boycotting the show. Spike Trotman of Iron Circus is on the full warpath, and a wide swath of comic powerhouses are demanding resignations. This all exploded within the past 24 hours.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This tweet is already at 11 thousand quote-tweets lmao.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Poor way of saying it at best.

Also here's a giant IOSM

https://twitter.com/OfficialJoelF/status/1530281038047494145

Lmfao holy poo poo.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Skwirl posted:

Greg Land does it because it's easy and he's never late on a deadline. When he's asked to draw something he can't trace he's pretty good.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

steinrokkan posted:

It would even be fine to trace and copy under some pseudo-artistic pretense if she wasn't just running a blatant get rich quick scheme

It would help if the art wasn’t loving terrible. A competent artist doing metacommentary by tracing some specific iconic work to critique it or some larger social trend would be effective. Being good enough to make it clear that this is a deliberate choice is what’s important for that. This is just “what if other work but my own instead?”

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Data Graham posted:

For the sake of my own sanity and so I can go on about my day I'm going to assume he's combining being one of those people who says "underscores" when he means "understates" with being one of those people who says "understates" when he means "overstates".

Skwirl posted:

I try not to post transphobic poo poo unless it's really, really funny, I hope this qualifies.

https://twitter.com/ElleMcIvor/status/1531018820999077895?t=IKO_IY9v7EwB47Z4SzS0tg&s=19
Oh yeah we're all having a real good time with this one

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Literally

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

It would help if the art wasn’t loving terrible. A competent artist doing metacommentary by tracing some specific iconic work to critique it or some larger social trend would be effective. Being good enough to make it clear that this is a deliberate choice is what’s important for that. This is just “what if other work but my own instead?”
Roy Liechtenstein, for instance.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

yeah now I remember lol:

= the cat is Saba's offensive interpretation of a Black person and she's allowed to say the n-word actually because

https://twitter.com/torontocomics/status/1531316472953421826?s=21&t=v078aCFiLHrBL-4UFjp_4w

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Wow, Frank Frazetta is in the (apparently massive) list of stuff she traced from. I guess when your sources are THAT well known in the industry, your only option is to just double down on "Actually, plagiarism is okay" because drat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Wally Wood encouraged it. (If you couldn't draw it yourself.)

And also just cutting out a picture and pasting it into your comic if it came to that.

E: then again he could also draw

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They seem to have chickened out and hid their account.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

They seem to have chickened out and hid their account.

Did anyone happen to catch a screenshot?

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Something like "I've had three kids and can't jump on a trampoline without peeing myself, does that trigger trans people?"
I think. It was a really idiotic self own that was funny for being a self own.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Lemniscate Blue posted:

https://twitter.com/gothspiderbitch/status/1531384361920126976

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Childbirth is body horror confirmed.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
if you haven't suffered through pregnancy and motherhood are you even a woman really?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Apparently Elon Musk is having a feud with Hard Drive, the gamer The Onion, because he posted screenshots of their tweets with the source cropped, and is now insisting that they were never that funny anyway. Due to wokeness.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Dr Christmas posted:

Apparently Elon Musk is having a feud with Hard Drive, the gamer The Onion, because he posted screenshots of their tweets with the source cropped, and is now insisting that they were never that funny anyway. Due to wokeness.

https://twitter.com/adogondrugs/status/1531340619632762881

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hard Drive Apologizes to Elon Musk for Dunking on Him Too Hard

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That David Axelrod is a very stupid motherfucker it would be weird if he ever had any sort of power or connections.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Dr Christmas posted:

Just love living in this societal nightmare where fuckheads can utter the mystic incantation "I'm anti wokeness" apropos of nothing in order to summon an army of bigotry golems to defend them regardless of what the original conversation was about.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Meltdown May finishing up strong, good lord.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
doesnt Musk's un crediting literally take more effort than lazily posting thing. like it literally requires him to have Enrique edit the creds out. and then post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

PhazonLink posted:

doesnt Musk's un crediting literally take more effort than lazily posting thing. like it literally requires him to have Enrique edit the creds out. and then post.

Yes, but he always thinks he won't get caught and people will assume he came up with whatever he is tweeting out. But every time he gets caught and throws a fit about it.