Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

1glitch0 posted:

"So we're 24 hours away from the PPV..."

"23."

"We're definitely here with Dave Meltzer!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Dave skipping the Eagles concert to talk MJF and relate it to the Mike Goldberg and WWE situation 15 years ago. You love to see it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

81sidewinder posted:

Dave skipping the Eagles concert to talk MJF and relate it to the Mike Goldberg and WWE situation 15 years ago. You love to see it.

And then to fantasy book either Warlow winning the world title or Bill Goldberg showing up as MJF’s replacement

I’m trying to imagine the check necessary to get Bill Goldberg to show up as a one-off where he does the job and my mind boggles

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The amount of money you'd have to pay Bill Goldberg for one night you'd probably be better off just giving Max what he wants.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

no dont say that. tony needs to pay bill $1.5m to show up for one night to spear Darby Allin twice and then leave, to make me happy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
edit: wrong thread

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Alex Riley, Trevor Murdoch and Matt Morgan were guests on the Tyrus podcast yesterday and I have to listen to this poo poo.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
when are we gonna see RAGE in choose your narrative

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
"What's going on~ Dave?"
"You know more than me~~~"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-N3N3pGsfM&t=22s

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dave's firing off like a 12-year-old kid on a sugar rush. He loves this goofy poo poo so much

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is the WOR Q/A worth listening to

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

Dave's firing off like a 12-year-old kid on a sugar rush. He loves this goofy poo poo so much

I love listening to Bryan and Dave after AEW PPVs because you can just hear the joy in their voices as they're recapping.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is the WOR Q/A worth listening to

it's nothing you haven't heard before and the audio quality is terrible

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Alex Riley, Trevor Murdoch and Matt Morgan were guests on the Tyrus podcast yesterday and I have to listen to this poo poo.

The first 15 minutes are basically Tyrus talking about driving drunk back in WWE, realizing he shouldn't have said that, trying to walk it back for a minute or two and then talking about A-Ri buying some art and talking about the art at Waffle House where they got upcharged for egg whites.

It's a 42 minute podcast and Matt Morgan doesn't join until the end so they really go in depth here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

lol I figured as much.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Its Monday where tf is my deadlock, work is hitting too normal need some defiantly not normal dudes to make laugh.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The first 15 minutes are basically Tyrus talking about driving drunk back in WWE, realizing he shouldn't have said that, trying to walk it back for a minute or two and then talking about A-Ri buying some art and talking about the art at Waffle House where they got upcharged for egg whites.

It's a 42 minute podcast and Matt Morgan doesn't join until the end so they really go in depth here.

Did Riley say any of his whackadoo poo poo?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

Its Monday where tf is my deadlock, work is hitting too normal need some defiantly not normal dudes to make laugh.

I'm dying to hear their take on JR throughout this show since he was such a curmudgeon last night.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He spent most of the time talking about how much he loves still being involved in pro wrestling, what commentary were you listening to

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

I'm dying to hear their take on JR throughout this show since he was such a curmudgeon last night.

????

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
JR calling Taz Pete ruled

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The usual stuff Deadlock makes fun of JR for. Weird tangents during matches, complaining about rules in the trios/tag matches, calling out that Anna Jay and Jade were lost, literally calling PVZ green.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dango Bango posted:

The usual stuff Deadlock makes fun of JR for. Weird tangents during matches, complaining about rules in the trios/tag matches, calling out that Anna Jay and Jade were lost, literally calling PVZ green.

I mean PVC is green. You shouldn’t hide that. She’s trained for like 2 months and this is her first match. Sometimes in a match two people look a little lost and you just call it out. He wasn’t insulting them he was just commentating. Much like if a pro athlete looked lost the commentator would call it out. And honestly I always feel like it’s fine for a commentator to question the rules and the ref. That’s their job. It doesn’t effect the match.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

That's weird, you'd think those folks would be in favor of more money being spent on whites. That show sounds absolutely dreadful.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I mean PVC is green. You shouldn’t hide that. She’s trained for like 2 months and this is her first match. Sometimes in a match two people look a little lost and you just call it out. He wasn’t insulting them he was just commentating. Much like if a pro athlete looked lost the commentator would call it out. And honestly I always feel like it’s fine for a commentator to question the rules and the ref. That’s their job. It doesn’t effect the match.

Agreed I like that the commentators aren't blind to the things I see on the tv.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

The audio is awful but I did get a good laugh out of the question about Israel and territorial wrestling:

Dave: They said they'd stop the war for the hour the show was on.... well, that probably didn't happen though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Disputed Territorial Wrestling

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Suplex Liberace posted:

Agreed I like that the commentators aren't blind to the things I see on the tv.

I mean, as long as it's not kayfabe breaking. It feels like JR does that a reasonable amount - points out when things are more real, pointing out when less experienced wrestlers are lost, real names, etc.

There's kayfabe ways to say everything and he doesn't always use those.

And boo not putting Vinny to work, making me wait.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Disputed Territorial Wrestling

Goddamn :lol:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Only this forum could be so high-strung as to scold someone for saying JR says some weird poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that didn't happen

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JR is running like a scolded dog

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I know why Vince's Servant would say JR occasionally says weird things, can't imagine why anyone else would...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone's done it now. they're scolding above me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aw, Deadlock's taking a break from AEW reviews

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

explosivo posted:

Aw, Deadlock's taking a break from AEW reviews

Oh Hell No

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Itll be interesting to see what they do to fill the pod. Just the retro? Interview? Impact reviews?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Whats happening on AEW? Dont know.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

beggar posted:

Whats happening on AEW? Dont know.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU