Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

C'mon Dash do some of that pilot poo poo.

Blindfire at an AT-ST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

painedforever posted:

I enjoy the endless trolling. Crow is always angry. CJacobs is enthusiastic (but easily misled). And Sally is the ringmaster.

2013 Crow: Welcome to Shadows of the Empire, I’m so excited to talk about Star Wars I hope we can all be friends :haw:

2022 Crow: Welcome to Shadows of the Empire, I’m so miserable about Star Wars gently caress all of you :manning:

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
It's probably all those years of flying in the Strangereal Universe.

Dash Rendar be praised.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

painedforever posted:

Dash Rendar be praised.

No, I just hate Star Wars fans now. They ruined Star Wars for me.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

painedforever posted:

Dash Rendar be praised.

Who would Dash be in Strangereal?

I'm guessing PJ.

(Real answer is Count, of course.)

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

There has to be a relation, I think.

"Are you an angel?"

"Go kiss an angel."

Cheesy, angel-related lines. Star Wars and Ace Combat are from the same extended Universe.

It all makes sense now!

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Go dash with the angels mister!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

No, I just hate Star Wars fans now. They ruined Star Wars for me.

At least you don't have a Star Wars-derived name.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren: NEW SOTE PC UPDATE :siren:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

holy gently caress how many frames per second even is this, it's not supposed to run this fast at 60 fps

John Linneman's SotE video shows the PC version running on a 90s PC at 60 fps and it does not look like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznc8dhijTo&t=1153s

(19:13 if the timestamp doesn't work)

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 31, 2022

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Dash's crippling inferiority complex about Han continues as he now alters time and space to always "go faster" just like the kessel run, as you wisely chose not to discuss at the end of the video :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DMorbid posted:

holy gently caress how many frames per second even is this, it's not supposed to run this fast at 60 fps

John Linneman's SotE video shows the PC version running on a 90s PC at 60 fps and it does not look like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznc8dhijTo&t=1153s

(19:13 if the timestamp doesn't work)

Also if you think the game is running like a methamphetamine junkie on fire now, wait till you see the Asteroid Field video...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Clearly Han Solo managed the Kessel run because he's running an RTX 3080 he scalped from ebay and uncapped his framerate

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

CJacobs posted:

Clearly Han Solo managed the Kessel run because he's running an RTX 3080 he scalped from ebay and uncapped his framerate

dash mines bitcoin, prove me wrong

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psion posted:

dash mines bitcoin, prove me wrong

Dash doesn't know what bitcoin even is let alone how to mine it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nine-gear crow posted:

Dash mines bitcoin accidentally thanks to all of those.... websites........ he visits on the holo-internet

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

hmm....a good counteragument, but not knowing what bitcoin is hasn't stopped crypto fools from making bad decisions, so I dunno

Dash not understanding things doesn't really rule out him doing them anyway, is what I'm getting at

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

"Why does it have to be six?"

Buddy you read my mind.

Psion posted:

hmm....a good counteragument, but not knowing what bitcoin is hasn't stopped crypto fools from making bad decisions, so I dunno

Dash not understanding things doesn't really rule out him doing them anyway, is what I'm getting at

Yeah, this is my headcanon.

edit: It's DASH Rendar not Leisurely Strolldar.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Warmachine posted:

"Why does it have to be six?"

Buddy you read my mind.

Especially since they are all in the same small room. Like, if they were spread out throughout the level I could understand, but why not just make it one button?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

nine-gear crow posted:

2013 Crow: Welcome to Shadows of the Empire, I’m so excited to talk about Star Wars I hope we can all be friends :haw:

2022 Crow: Welcome to Shadows of the Empire, I’m so miserable about Star Wars gently caress all of you :manning:

2013 Crow: Wow! Dash Rendar! :D

2022 Crow: Wow...Dash Rendar :effort: least they haven't ruined him specifically yet

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

wait till you see the Asteroid Field video...

okay, I'm waiting

because it sounds hilarious

also I forgot to mention this earlier but your mention of Solo reminded me -- it was such a bad movie I couldn't even finish it, and I was watching on someone else's streaming account so it was literally only the cost of my time and that was too high a cost to bear

what a garbage pile

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

The controls for PC sound horrible. Moving the mouse to move forward and backward? Was that a George Lucas idea?

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

he do be dashin tho

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

painedforever posted:

The controls for PC sound horrible. Moving the mouse to move forward and backward? Was that a George Lucas idea?

Meant to be played with a trackball mouse you see.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

The Sonic jokes are extra amusing since the late 90s PC port of Sonic 3 had the exact same uncapped frame rate issue as this game, making it nigh-unplayable on hardware from a few years later.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
still working on the Special Edition of Echo Base, but we wound up working on the PC videos with increasing velocity, so here's the PC Asteroid Belt level!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
this is the EXACT OPPOSITE of posting small dash!!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dash at any size

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

that intro :allears:

cjacobs is an essential component of this team

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
That's weird. Description says it was recorded at 50% and sped up, but it sounds least painful at 75%.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ablative posted:

That's weird. Description says it was recorded at 50% and sped up, but it sounds least painful at 75%.

No. Watch it at full speed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Watch it at 2x, I've got places to be.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Watch it at 2x, I've got places to be.

I love how the only comprehensible part of the video at 2x speed is just THIS IS WHAT DEATHSTICKS DO TO YOU! Very appropriate.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

that and the space potato part made me laugh, deathsticks especially

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

nine-gear crow posted:

No. Watch it at full speed.

Oh, I did, I just got curious after I read that.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

space meth does things man why are these rocks red i dunno must be the drugs

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

I was watching the other Star Wars LP, and LazyFire was complaining that Cal can't crouch-jump.

You know who can crouch-jump?

Dash Rendar

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

painedforever posted:

I was watching the other Star Wars LP, and LazyFire was complaining that Cal can't crouch-jump.

You know who can crouch-jump?

Dash Rendar

Look, Dash Rendar is a perfect physical specimen. He was produced in a lab over decades of trial and error as some of the finest scientists in the galaxy created, grafted and rejected countless DNA varieties to a root stock composed of the second most perfect human: cool Palpatine.

Eventually, there was success. Like Duncan Idaho in later Dune books the lab generated the most capable person ever. Not only could he crouch and jump, he could crouch-jump. It was easier to discover FTL travel than the genetic makeup for such a man.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Dash Rendar be praised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

Look, Dash Rendar is a perfect physical specimen. He was produced in a lab over decades of trial and error as some of the finest scientists in the galaxy created, grafted and rejected countless DNA varieties to a root stock composed of the second most perfect human: cool Palpatine.

Eventually, there was success. Like Duncan Idaho in later Dune books the lab generated the most capable person ever. Not only could he crouch and jump, he could crouch-jump. It was easier to discover FTL travel than the genetic makeup for such a man.

That's the only thing that makes me hope that the Dune sequel is profitable enough for them to start adapting the later batshit books in the series. I want to see 8 different Jason Momoas fighting each other at the same time. Like Old Jason Momoa, Kid Jason Momoa, Girl Jason Momoa, Cyborg Jasom Momoa, Shaved Jason Momoa, Beard Jason Momoa, a Patrick Stewart Duncan Idaho slipped in there from the 80s movie, Khal Drogo, Stargate: Atlantis Jason Momoa. Give me the whole platter!

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 7, 2022