Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Computer. Pussy. Sloppy.

Damnit this is the wrestling twitter thread, not the Star Trek Picard S3 spoiler thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lamuella posted:

What you need is wrestling journalists who aren't connected to wrestling at all.

I appreciated Seymour Hersh's expose on the bombing of Vince's limo

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Lie

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingMemes/status/1531029982226616320

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what a cool way to kill the heat of wardlow, mjf AND a debuting Cesaro all at the same time!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

https://twitter.com/maxwellboards/status/1531039830695718912?s=21&t=b4lbNZoQ4Lodyn_tzg_w1w

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please show this to the goons in the AEW thread

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1531084107651891201?s=20&t=_4VvO3ieOp7cBsDoffryJA

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
MJ noooo

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Just to be clear have CYN run like any shows at all yet

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yes they have

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Maxwell Lord posted:

They had a dark match with the lights literally off

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Edit: wrong thread

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

2.0 interrupt Kingston eating cake >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever the gently caress thus is

you're right, this is a bad take

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Edit: wrong thread

No, I don’t think it was.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I was just saying that one small event that didn't seem like much eventually led to GLORIOUS AWESOME VIOLENCE

That's really not a take, it's a thing that happened

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I was just saying that one small event that didn't seem like much eventually led to GLORIOUS AWESOME VIOLENCE

That's really not a take, it's a thing that happened

people thought you were using the >>>>>>>>>>>>>> as greater than signs, indicating that you thought the cake bit was better than the match

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They were arrows in this context but I can understand that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/bigyettisd/status/1531138167910416384?t=w0Eqenkf5Lod3Szn7Dkp0g&s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/JulianW85/status/1531068649032675329?t=DcvGky3sXLEwBEyMZZJA5g&s=19

I will be ignoring that this was the plan clearly for weeks if not months before the drama because I am very smart.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/YerOlDad/status/1531126509548646400

not a troll, i checked

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
for the people who've forgotten, here's how wikipedia summarizes big e's reign

quote:

On September 13, 2021, Big E declared on Twitter that he would be cashing in his Money in the Bank contract for a WWE Championship match on that night's episode of Raw, which already had a WWE Championship match scheduled between champion Bobby Lashley and challenger Randy Orton.[120] Once Lashley defeated Orton in a 13-minute match, Big E duly cashed in for an immediate title match and pinned Lashley, winning the WWE Championship for the first time in his career, and celebrating with the rest of the New Day.[121] On the September 20 Raw, Big E lost two matches, first in a trios match pitting New Day against Roman Reigns (the Universal Champion) and the Usos, then the second in a triple threat match against Reigns and Lashley.[122] On the September 27 Raw, Big E defeated Lashley in a cage match for the WWE Championship.[123]

During the first night of the 2021 WWE Draft on the October 1 episode of SmackDown, Big E was officially drafted to Raw, while Kingston and Woods were drafted to SmackDown.[124] The new rosters were set to officially go into effect on October 22, the night after Crown Jewel,[125] where Big E successfully defended the WWE Championship against Drew McIntyre.[126] At Survivor Series, Big E faced WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns in a non-title match, where he suffered a clean loss to Reigns.[127] On the November 22 episode of Raw, Big E had a successful title defense against Austin Theory.[128]

Big E was originally scheduled to defend his WWE Championship at the WWE Day 1 event against Seth Rollins. On the November 29 Raw, Big E lost to Kevin Owens in a non-title match via disqualification after Rollins interfered, so Owens was added to Big E's Day One title match.[129] On the December 13 Raw, Big E was pinned by Bobby Lashley in a non-title no disqualification match after Rollins, Owens and MVP interfered, so Lashley was added to Big E's title match.[130] Hours before Day 1, due to WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns contracting COVID-19, Reigns' scheduled opponent Brock Lesnar was also added to Big E's title match.[131] In the fatal five-way match on January 1, 2022, Big E lost his title when he was cleanly pinned by Lesnar, ending Big E's reign at 110 days.[132][133] On the January 3 Raw, Big E wrestled Lashley, Owens and Rollins for a WWE Championship shot against Lesnar, but Lashley won.[134] One week later on Raw, Big E challenged Rollins to an immediate match and suffered a clean loss.[135]

In an interview published in March 2022, Ewen gave his views on his WWE Championship reign, stating that if it were up to him, he would choose a "longer" reign so that he could "do some more dynamic things". Ewen further stated that it was "difficult [for people] to really latch onto a new champion" when "within their first month, [the champion has] multiple losses on TV".[136][137] Ewen then compared his world title reign and how it ended to Kofi Kingston's, suggesting that both of them had a "falling off of a cliff feeling at the hands of one Brock Lesnar and then suddenly, it feels like you woke up a year prior and you're back to doing what you were doing before."[137]

i was just gonna post the 'big e won the belt and then immediately lost twice on the following raw' but i forgot about that last quote

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

These same people were saying stuff like Big E's 2021 "was one of the greatest individual years in pro wrestling history," and that being nerfed to Brock at Day 1 was the start of a huge comeback storyline where he'd "go for the gold," so it's striking to see them admit that yeah actually that reign sucked.

quote:

At Survivor Series, Big E faced WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns in a non-title match, where he suffered a clean loss to Reigns.

Clean as a whistle, no Uso run-ins, off one finishing move! I don't think Roman beat anyone else that easily. 'Cept Goldberg I guess

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lid posted:

They had a dark match with the lights literally off

The video for that is so great because the mics picked up people in the crowd just constantly dunking on CYN and someone yelling "THIS IS STUPID".

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Was Big E having non stop 4 star plus bangers for 6 months?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Forgot that part where Big E beat everyone clean in amazing matches and only lost the title to Brock due to self sabotage

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ELPlethora/status/1531319115272560642

(Dave never reported that and basically no one is saying the whole situation is a work.)

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
who is the person being villanized, mjf?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tony Khan is a weird, hosed up, wrestling obsessed little man and so I would agree that he's more relatable to the average wrestling fan (including me) than most billionaires

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

where's the bad take

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The botches were a work.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/HeelMox/status/1530959408150196224

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Cheddar should not be green.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tholzerman/status/1531685103138746369

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The bit only "works" if you use other wrestlers, not random right-wingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

D.N. Nation posted:

The bit only "works" if you use other wrestlers, not random right-wingers

No you see he's doing it because everyone is talking about her being right wing, so he's going to do this bizarre objectifying thing.