Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

feelin real discouraged and exhausted this morning, and the weekend just ended

cool :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs work just makes me wanna gently caress around in my daw all day

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cjs: first 3 hours of my day are back to back meetings

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: it's tuesday, drat it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ARealCutie_/status/1531232536516513796

jonny must find this mirror world jonny and kill him to restore balance

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

cjs: I have today off and am gonna do a bunch of work on my car's diesel injectors. Well I'm going to do tests on them to see how much work they need, hopefully not much. Almost done cleaning the throttle linkages if things go well I might have everything back together and running by the end of the day :toot:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bump_fn posted:

https://twitter.com/ARealCutie_/status/1531232536516513796

jonny must find this mirror world jonny and kill him to restore balance

ugh

this fucker

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
do you need a moody rainy night and a big construction site and a sword to fight the evil jonny

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

ugh

this fucker

I had a coworker when I was starting out who bought a condo and renovated it with funds from his parents, then kept it to rent out. He's done this like 10 times lol. The only way to get into real estate investing is to have rich parents who will give you money.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I used to think about borrowing money from the parents to become a landlord but it seemed morally dubious so I didn't.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've never thought about doing that because my parents don't have an extra house of money to give me and also I hate landlords

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If my parents gave me enough gh money to buy a house I would simply live in it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

PokeJoe posted:

bbbbbbbbbbut passive income job security everyone will always need a place to live what happens when you get old or when tech collapses????? how do I know you won’t go homeless and broke when I die????

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

I've never thought about doing that because my parents don't have an extra house of money to give me

i mean ive thought about it, in the same way ive thought about how it'd be cool to find a briefcase full of hundreds in the woods

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

you know it's gonna be a grim day when you've been up one hour and are already completely fed up with yourself (and work, too)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

you know it's gonna be a grim day when you've been up one hour and are already completely fed up with yourself (and work, too)

this is literally every day what are you talking about

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

almost done with meetings for the day, at least. fish remain untouched, this displeases the jade emperor

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

I just bought my house with my own money.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

poo poo i should probably get started on that lifetime ISA huh

you can only withdraw from it when you turn 60 or buy your first house

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Had a dream where I posted something about work but it got mangled into me bitching about the 'the the the the' operator not being a thing and then there were several pages of me getting dunked on for not knowing about the 'the the the the' operator and how important it is for any programming task.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: The "lessons learned" meeting invitation for an application outage a while ago finally came in. The meeting is on June 16.

The outage was on March 20 lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

nothing was learned, right?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

little jones is at school so i was able to see what poodle jones thinks of the boy's rc car (if i played with it indoors while LJ was home he'd want to do that _all the time_)

he is _terrified_ of it lol. poor pup

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gonna buy a m1 mba for my wife

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a wise buy

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lol at not knowing about the 'the the the the' operator

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what kinda loving amateur doesn't know about the "the the the the" operator just lmfao Jesus Christ what a moron

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

dioxazine posted:

nothing was learned, right?

My point in the meeting is that nothing should be learned, because the application is deprecated and its replacement is in beta, but we'll see how far I get with that. (My other points are going to be that a three-month delay between outage and lessons is absurd and that the original outage wasn't worth having anybody work on the weekend anyway.)

Edit: not getting sucked into yet another derail about the "the the the the" operator, goddamn

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Fool posted:

when running I would constantly look at ultra runners whose per mile pace in a 100 mile race was 2x faster than my pace in a 10k

i guess masochism is a kink, i won’t shame

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

CPColin posted:

Edit: not getting sucked into yet another derail about the "the the the the" operator, goddamn

this would also be a nothing was learned situation

it is kind of bizarre that there was a three month delay for the retro on a prod outage, but i've also had that happen and also had a prod outage never talked about after it was jerry rigged without a true fix

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

i guess masochism is a kink, i won’t shame

are you talking about running in general, or the comparing myself to professional athletes and self-flagellating when I don't measure up

it's probably both

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

loling that go refuses to add the “the the the the” operator

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Fool posted:

are you talking about running in general, or the comparing myself to professional athletes and self-flagellating when I don't measure up

it's probably both

the latter, primarily

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this weekend was super refreshing and I was expecting to come back to work ready to dig into a few small but hard to repro bugs

as it turns out I just wanna go outside still

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

today's squats seemed easier than yesterday's, did 2 sets in one sitting rather than 1

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

as it turns out I just wanna go outside still

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

sprinting up flights of stairs to catch my train probably helped too

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's not my place to comment on my in law's family structure.... But like the patriarch has major land holdings and nobody in the family knows how much is there, not even ball park estimates.

Idk I find this concerning. My older sister was able to wrest control of our meager Asian immigrant family holdings like 5-10 years ago. Shoot, when I was a tween I would be writing my mama's checks for her so we would know what we got and protect it.

But I guess fealty to elders is bigger in America because everybody is straight up afraid to even ask him, all while he brags about liquidating everything to buy fancy thousand dollar bottles of booze, sports cars, and leases to resorts. Generational wealth here is a lie, and the folks who got money in the 80s were told to burn it all rather than leave it to their children. I cannot expect even a single cent to go to his grandchildren. I swear, COINTEL PRO was far to effective on this family.

Gold digger problems~

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

hbag posted:

sprinting up flights of stairs to catch my train probably helped too

yeah like as long as you have daily activity (walking running etc) interspersed with more intense cardio or weightlifting youll be good

i recommend stronglifts to everyone because its good and will get you in shape and looking good over time,

but maybe you wanna stick with body weight stuff (pull ups push ups planks squats dips) that you can do at home for now, i dont have a good routine for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
i was bored enough over the weekend that i was looking forward to getting a good stride on my project at work. and now im just staring at the matlab r2021b window. i am a victim to the classic blunder of thinking work can be enjoyable