Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Who the hell is giving him millions of dollars?!? Peter Thiel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Megabound posted:

My one hope is that he tries to withdraw it all at once and it helps tank crypto further. My other hope is that he completely fucks up declaring it on taxes or whatever and fucks himself up even further as well.

I'm not sure how a quick wash sale would affect it, but there is a potentially fun thing. I read it as an analysis about that football player who took his payment in crypto. Legally you're taxed at the dollar value at the moment of payment. If it tanks by the time you sell it, you still owe the taxes on the full income and all you can do is write off the loss against any capital gains with a few options to claim very small amounts as a general deduction. Which can potentially really gently caress you at those levels.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MrMojok posted:

Who the hell is giving him millions of dollars?!? Peter Thiel?

Peter Thiel or Elon Musk.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I've been wondering if he's buying it himself in another idiot scheme to hide his money where he's convinced himself "Crypto is untracable. Oh Alex, you brain genius. You've done it again!"

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I don't know enough about crypto to know how traceable it is but Dan's immediate guess for the bitcoin whale was Max Keiser which makes sense given that early on he gave Alex a bunch of bitcoin that Alex promptly lost because he's an idiot

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Bitcoin is 100% a seizable asset.

Please, bitcoin whale. Please keep giving Alex money before damages have been established. Smart move.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
In this case it's completely traceable unless Alex wants to claim that his site was hacked and that the wallet wasn't under his control when he received the bitcoins. Bitcoin is conceptually anonymous but it also keeps a complete public ledger that anyone can trace if they're bored. There are ways that you can launder money through it, but this is kind of the opposite.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Just want to say thanks for recommending the saucer life! Very much enjoying it. Also the project camelot website is down, went to check it out. No idea what happened.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 27, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Confusedslight posted:

Just want to say thanks for recommending the saucer life! Very much enjoying it. Also the project camelot website is down, went to check it out. No idea what happened.

Scalar attack by raptors probably.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Confusedslight posted:

That's great. I've been thinking amount making a thread for it, but you have to be a very particular kind of nerd to get pumped for a scholarly examination of mid-20th century UFO culture. So far, that's just me and you.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Marsupial Ape posted:

That's great. I've been thinking amount making a thread for it, but you have to be a very particular kind of nerd to get pumped for a scholarly examination of mid-20th century UFO culture. So far, that's just me and you.

It def sounds like my poo poo, I just haven't listened yet.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Froghammer posted:

Bitcoin is 100% a seizable asset.

Please, bitcoin whale. Please keep giving Alex money before damages have been established. Smart move.

Soros Bucks. It just occurred to me. Alex is getting the right-wing version of Soros Bucks, except it's real.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc
man y'all werent kidding that project camelot episode had a hell of a twist.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Testekill posted:

Peter Thiel or Elon Musk.

yep these two seem like the most likely and i could definitely see musk becoming friends with alex now that hes in austin every so often

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The mental image of Alex cornering Elon at a Joe Rogan party and Alex berating him into buying Twitter and Elon, in turn, paying Alex hush money to not talk about it is too funny.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I do think, given the past timings of the "money bombs," the first bitcoin donation was likely arranged in advance. If the value of Bitcoin began to plummet, but the arranged value was set in USD that would probably prompt the whale to keep pumping out more Bitcoin to make up the amount.

It's all just speculation, though. The fact that the bitcoin wallet had no blockchain transactions for several years before donating to Alex does limit the overall clues we can use to determine their identity.

It is also possible that the blockchain wallet had no owner. That whoever first had the Bitcoin amount either died or lost access to it, and some associate of Alex managed to gain it for themselves, surreptitiously.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Jones has been completely unsurprising in his immediate post tragedy coverage. You can hear the pain and fury in Jordan's voice the entire episode and it's so deserved.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
His anger is justified, but that metaphor he used was really hosed up and I found it so disturbing that I unsubscribed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

vote_no posted:

His anger is justified, but that metaphor he used was really hosed up and I found it so disturbing that I unsubscribed.

I can't even think of anything he said that would make someone turn on Jordan "hard yes on white genocide" Holmes

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It was a confronting metaphor but it's also what Alex Jones is doing right in the aftermath. To turn the tragedy of children killed by a mass shooter into aggrandizing himself for being always right is exactly as stated.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Sometimes Jordan does get a bit too much for me personally. But I understand that's his whole thing. Just wish he could dial it back a bit.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He reported 4chan rumors as fact on the day of the shooting, which is literally what Marcel Fontaine sued him over.

Alex is legit impaired. I honestly think he thinks he's not doing anything wrong.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Also agree that it was gross to point that it took me a minute to pick the episode back up, but I also agree that it’s an accurate depiction of the situation.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I must not have been paying attention to whatever metaphor Jordan used, because I can't think of anything he said being too egregious

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I'm spoilering all the context:

Jordan: "This is graphic imagery, but I really do think it's a one-to-one comparison and it's a good thought to have in your mind whenever he says poo poo like this because it is hosed up, but whenever he's like, 'Listen, I predicted this, I'm so smart for predicting all of this poo poo', he's...that is what's happening."

Dan: "Ehhh. That is a little graphic. But sure, sure."

Jordan: "It is graphic, but that is what it is."

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It's called a ramekin, Dan!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
By the by, the origin of the sharp "Stop it!" from the intro is the out of context drop from #304. In context, Alex is complaining about how he can't stop himself from eating donuts when a staff member brings them for the break room. So, he goes "Stop it!", and then in the sweetest little voice"...but I appreciate it".

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Going back and listening to the old pods makes me miss the "Andy in Kansas" hard cut into Dan opening. I am not a DJ Danarchy fan.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Listening to the old episodes is weird because SO depressingly often it's relevant to current events. Day after it was leaked that SCOTUS was killing Roe I get an abortion heavy episode, for example. Mass shooting happens and KF/Alex from the past are talking about whatever shooting just happened back then...

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That's what I found when I tried to get away from Ukraine war episodes. I ran straight into an old episode with Aleksandr Dugin…

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

FFT posted:

It's called a ramekin, Dan!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I don't want to gatekeep dips, but c'mon man!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Just put the sauce on your plate!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Megabound posted:

Just put the sauce on your plate!
Nonsense, next you'll say "just pour the soy sauce directly on the sushi!"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Confusedslight posted:

Sometimes Jordan does get a bit too much for me personally. But I understand that's his whole thing. Just wish he could dial it back a bit.

His "soft 'yes' on white genocide" is something I think about from time to time.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

His "soft 'yes' on white genocide" is something I think about from time to time.

What’s the context here? What did he say?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That he's a "soft yes" on killing all white people. The context is usually a white person did something terrible which is every show. I don't recall which episodes it was, I'm sorry.

edit: to be clear, I think about it a lot because I have some self-loathing about being white and being associated with white people.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

That he's a "soft yes" on killing all white people. The context is usually a white person did something terrible which is every show. I don't recall which episodes it was, I'm sorry.

edit: to be clear, I think about it a lot because I have some self-loathing about being white and being associated with white people.

I think I just heard it in #95 one of the Camelot episodes, just in response to some people being lovely anti-semites as I recall

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Considering "white genocide" is just "white people having kids with other races" I'm pretty sure most people are actually a hard yes on it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's a really dumb late 2000's edgelord thing and it's always really cringy when white people are all 'lol yea kill all white people am I right fellow white people' but considering 'I'm for white genocide' really just means 'I'm not a neo-nazi freak about keeping the 'bloodlines pure'' it's really hard to give a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If all the whites get genocided then who's going to clap when the plane lands?